Author Topic: [IC] Montage  (Read 37267 times)

Offline stepstone82

Re: [IC] Montage
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 07:32:03 »
Show Image

Brass will be the only option? Is the silver weight/plate in the prototype pictures sts?
could be... brass with pvd silver coating?

나의 SM-N971N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 08:36:50 »
Is copper an option for the weight? It looked nice on the previous boards

Offline urbantheii

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 09:45:37 »
Is it possible to only enter for the brass board? It is kind of my thing...BRASSSSSSS

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 10:13:28 »
Buyer beware, this guy still owes US people dolphins and em.7's from 2017. Ignores emails, and is an all around jerk to non-koreans.

for details go here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=87775.0

Offline Popopro

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 13:19:04 »
Buyer beware, this guy still owes US people dolphins and em.7's from 2017. Ignores emails, and is an all around jerk to non-koreans.

Damn, that's a real shame. Was kinda looking forward to this.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 13:24:28 »
Show Image

Brass will be the only option? Is the silver weight/plate in the prototype pictures sts?
could be... brass with pvd silver coating?

나의 SM-N971N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

been told brass only, so it's likely pvd
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 16:21:59 »

Well that is just terrible. I was hoping to pick this up along with one of those new LZs. Well I guess with only 50 units the bots are the only ones fast enough to cop one anyways.

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 01:05:27 »
Not sure if il try to get in on the GB or not, but following to see :P

Offline vaughno

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 05:39:22 »
maybe have numbers 1-50 engraved in the weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unikorn | Orion v3 | GSKT-00

Offline LINWORKS

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 09:20:55 »

I am so sorry that this happened

That GB has some story. I will explain what was happened.

1. I just held the Korean GB by that time.

2. A guy offered me that he wants to hold a GB in GH and I agreed for 50 units of GB.

3. He collected the money with his paypal account.

4. He gave me partial payment, around or less than 10%, and I produced the whole units.

5. The production was not so smooth and delayed for some, and the GB guy told me he got cancer and he is sick badly.

6. I could not push him to giving me the rest of the money and he did not give me the money and the list of participants.

7. He told me he was sick but, saw him enjoying his yacht tour wearing luxury watch on his facebook.

8. I asked him to give refund to all customers, and cancel this GB. And accepted people who stayed still and refused the refund.

9. I shipped out all the boards finally, (It was late. So sorry for that) and even sent with my own cost to those who did not get the refund and I did not get the money/

This is basically what was happened last time and I am now holding the GB by myself.

« Last Edit: Mon, 21 October 2019, 10:19:41 by LINWORKS »

Offline aslanxdeft

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 09:27:55 »
Will there be split backspace?

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 10:06:03 »

Rip. I'll just get one aftermarket then

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 10:09:33 »

Damn, well good luck to those who get in I guess. This is unfortunately one of those he said / they said situations..
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 October 2019, 10:38:41 by wholypantalones »

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 10:12:43 »
Damn, give me.

Offline syberghost

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 10:19:12 »

yes, I'm the guy who put box jades on a Polaris

Offline Zombo

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 10:35:10 »
This is so clean!!!! a must buy

Offline ilemondrop

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 11:13:46 »
Super interested in a WKL,but I do have to ask: is the price including PCB and plate? Just a bit confused since I assumed the "Options" line was prices for additional PCB/plates, but I want to make sure. Also is that 50 units per colourway?

Offline flying1911

• Mechlovin' Studio
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 11:40:56 »
Will there be any graving on the weight, and especially the badge? I don't see the point of the badge if there's no engraving on it  ;D

Also, I kinda wish the design could be changed so that the weight is mounted from inside the case to hide the screws. Other than that, I love this design and will most likely join the GB.
Jane V2 | Jane CE | Jane V2 CE | Police | Kaze | KMAC 2 | BRG Haus | Sessantacinque | Ori CLS-2 FE | Dalco 959 Mini | Mechlovin' Unikorn | G81-3100 SAV | Model M SSK

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 11:53:25 »
interested  :)
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 12:02:48 »
9. I shipped out all the boards finally, (It was late. So sorry for that) and even sent with my own cost to those who did not get the refund and I did not get the money/

This step took almost a year of emails and begging to happen, then he shipped the B stock cases that have dents and extremely bad streaking to the US people (i have pictures of the streaking, and defects, available upon request). At least one person that I know about did not receive the correct parts and LINWORKS still will not answer emails.

BUYER BEWARE: If you enter a GB ran buy this guy, expect delays and excuses.

Offline LINWORKS

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 12:12:24 »
I love what is can see of the board.

Is there any way we can see underneath it? Is it possible we see the plate and the pcb? Is there any branding anywhere and if so can we see that as well?

Also I see

"11.   Price : 350 + PP + Shipping"

What is "PP"?
Fave PCB

Offline LINWORKS

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 12:16:22 »
yeah okay, I want this

just, please provide an Alps plate, I would want to build mine with Alps :pray: (and I'm sure other people might be interested as well)
Sorry, No alps plate this time

Offline LINWORKS

« Reply #72 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 12:19:36 »
Show Image

Brass -weight, STS - small block.
Post-processing will be determined after more tests. (might be PVD coating)

Offline LINWORKS

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 12:21:49 »
Will there be split backspace?
pcb supports split backspace.

Offline LINWORKS

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 12:23:30 »
Super interested in a WKL,but I do have to ask: is the price including PCB and plate? Just a bit confused since I assumed the "Options" line was prices for additional PCB/plates, but I want to make sure. Also is that 50 units per colourway?
Yeah, Basic kit includes pcb and plate. Total units are 50.

Offline LINWORKS

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 12:26:28 »
Will there be any graving on the weight, and especially the badge? I don't see the point of the badge if there's no engraving on it  ;D

Also, I kinda wish the design could be changed so that the weight is mounted from inside the case to hide the screws. Other than that, I love this design and will most likely join the GB.
Maybe there will be engravings on the block. But weight design is fixed.

Offline Capsy

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 12:58:12 »

This step took almost a year of emails and begging to happen, then he shipped the B stock cases that have dents and extremely bad streaking to the US people (i have pictures of the streaking, and defects, available upon request). At least one person that I know about did not receive the correct parts and LINWORKS still will not answer emails.

BUYER BEWARE: If you enter a GB ran buy this guy, expect delays and excuses.
Kind of dishonest to just pick one point out of the 9 he put out.

Offline flying1911

• Mechlovin' Studio
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 13:08:26 »
Show Image

Brass -weight, STS - small block.
Post-processing will be determined after more tests. (might be PVD coating)

If you intend for a classic look, then I recommend just sandblasting the brass weight. PVD looks too modern.
Jane V2 | Jane CE | Jane V2 CE | Police | Kaze | KMAC 2 | BRG Haus | Sessantacinque | Ori CLS-2 FE | Dalco 959 Mini | Mechlovin' Unikorn | G81-3100 SAV | Model M SSK

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 13:11:07 »

Its not dishonest, its the truth and I have photos and email chains to prove everything that ive said.

Im not going to pick apart every ridiculous thing that happened in that gb, as i have 0 control over any of it, the only thing i did have control over was the time after he received the money and the year of literal begging to get the boards finally (1.5 years in total).

If your going to white knight for an obviously shady GB runner, at least do some research before you make idiotic statements like you have here.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 13:28:30 »

Its not dishonest, its the truth and I have photos and email chains to prove everything that ive said.

Im not going to pick apart every ridiculous thing that happened in that gb, as i have 0 control over any of it, the only thing i did have control over was the time after he received the money and the year of literal begging to get the boards finally (1.5 years in total).

If your going to white knight for an obviously shady GB runner, at least do some research before you make idiotic statements like you have here.
This community is just a designer circle jerk where well known designers are deities that can do no wrong. Fall in line, drone.

Offline LetoDaleko

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 13:39:32 »
New designers are entering the community pretty often and many people I talked with are open to ideas and happy to help newcommers teaching them fusion and helping with messurements. All despite their high community standing. Its definitly not a circlejerk.

In case of Lin, it was a failed groupbuy after all.
All warnings about joining further groub buys are fully justified imho.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 October 2019, 13:42:13 by LetoDaleko »

Offline Capsy

« Reply #81 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 17:20:06 »

I'm not white knighting anybody. Although, Lin has several successful GBs under his belt back home so forgive me if I don't take some random person's word for it who just mentions that he has proof without actually providing it.

Also, he mentioned that he didn't receive the money from the guy who ran the GB on GH. So your accounts don't match there.

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #82 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 17:34:03 »

I'm not white knighting anybody. Although, Lin has several successful GBs under his belt back home so forgive me if I don't take some random person's word for it who just mentions that he has proof without actually providing it.

Also, he mentioned that he didn't receive the money from the guy who ran the GB on GH. So your accounts don't match there.

Everything that happened is in the dolphin/em.7 thread, read it you will see exactly what happened. I really dont care if you believe me or not. Ive already **** all over this thread and arguing with someone like yourself over shady GB runners is not something that I want to do.

Also, please read #8 of lin's post "And accepted people who stayed still and refused the refund." So dont act like my "accounts don't match" there, he literally said he accepted the people that didnt get a refund.

Offline Capsy

« Reply #83 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 17:38:20 »

Everything that happened is in the dolphin/em.7 thread, read it you will see exactly what happened. I really dont care if you believe me or not. Ive already **** all over this thread and arguing with someone like yourself over shady GB runners is not something that I want to do.

Also, please read #8 of lin's post "And accepted people who stayed still and refused the refund." So dont act like my "accounts don't match" there, he literally said he accepted the people that didnt get a refund.
I've read the thread and it's a collection of 'he said, she said'. If you're not going to go into details, I don't see the point you're trying to make here.

And again, in #9, he says that he did not receive the money. Burden of proof and all that.

Anyways, your tone is off putting so I'll leave it at that.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 17:56:45 »
Would be nice if the PCB at least supported Alps so people could get their own plates made.

That said, will the plate file be published after the GB? It would be nice to get plates made in different materials for this very cool design.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 18:11:34 »

I've read the thread and it's a collection of 'he said, she said'. If you're not going to go into details, I don't see the point you're trying to make here.

And again, in #9, he says that he did not receive the money. Burden of proof and all that.

Anyways, your tone is off putting so I'll leave it at that.

ok please read his sentence slowly, hes talking about the shipping money that we already paid for. He absorbed the cost of the shipping because it was included in the invoice. If he didnt then we would have paid for shipping twice!

Your talking like he never got paid for the remaining orders when he infact did by nguyenkimtam.

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 18:15:38 »
Outside of the drama,

Does anyone know what time the buy starts CST?

10AM correct?

I'm obviously not good with time and zones and hour fingers

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #87 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 18:16:16 »

10AM correct?

its ok you don't need to know  :cool:

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #88 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 18:29:40 »

10AM correct?

its ok you don't need to know  :cool:

Trade Alice for time

Offline kevinlim

« Reply #89 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 20:29:29 »

Hello friend.

Sorry that you have experienced terrible experience because of me.

If I recall back then, my new pcb program was not working so well, and I had very hard time with that. Also my wife was pregnant and everything was so messy.

Basically, I have my first job, which I work until 11pm, 6 days a week. I am telling you guys this not to understand me or something, but to explain the situation.

Anyway, my role back then was producing and supply boards to the guy, which I did. And he did not pay me until He started to give people refund. I put my money first to make that boards.

From the beginning, I found there will be many difficulties and I asked the guy to cancel the GB from 1 month after the GB started. But the guy continued convincing me that let’s do it. People are waiting.

This is important issue and I want to make things right.
Please send me email or pm so we can work out.

I hope you guys to give me just one more try. Actually, you guys may not agree with me but this is my first GH GB, and want to make everyone happy with this. If you are not happy with montage, I will come up with something else you may like soon.

I am kind of worrying now, since everything is new for me here, and I also think this issue is something I have to make clear.

I just helped lin to translate his words.

« Last Edit: Mon, 21 October 2019, 20:53:00 by kevinlim »

Offline Solotov

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 21:48:27 »

Please have this color in Lin choice  :eek:
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 22:36:38 »
I would gladly purchase a blue one. :thumb:
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline dyrdevil

« Reply #92 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 23:23:36 »
I also would be going for the wildcard color if I join.. this looks great.

I agree that it might be a little bit cleaner with the weight screws on the inside, but this board still looks beautiful Lin.

Offline flippanteer

« Reply #93 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 23:41:06 »
Is the Fave87 PCB USB C and how is it programmed? I couldn't tell from the photos or googling.
Current boards: FLX Virgo w/ NK Drys, E8.5 w/ NK Drys, LZ Physix w/ H1s,  Moon TKL w/ MX Zilents, HAD66 [Alice layout] w/ NK Creams, KBD75v1 w/ Zealios 67g v1

Purchased boards: Infinitum

Past boards: Trinity w/ Tealios v2, Lubrigante w/ Holy YOK Trash Pandas, Kumo w/ Novelkeys Cream, Diverge 2 w/ MX Browns, Planck w/ MOD-H, Anne Pro w/ MX Blue

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 23:42:16 »
Is the Fave87 PCB USB C and how is it programmed? I couldn't tell from the photos or googling.

it is not USB C, it is mini

and it has its own software i believe
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline shuangmu

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 00:13:27 »
Looks good :)
                                                                           Love Artisan<3
                                                                                                                                       Love geekhack                     

Offline kconfire

« Reply #96 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 01:01:12 »
Time to set my alarm.
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline Sycomore

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 03:54:25 »
God do i wish i was paid weekly. I'm missing out, feelsbad

Offline Luciqueii

• 【Luciquell & Co.】
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 07:53:04 »
All looks amazing... a question tho. Is it not possible for half-plate options or POM material for those people who like more flex?  ;)

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 09:32:23 »

This is important issue and I want to make things right.
Please send me email or pm so we can work out.

Maybe LINNWORKS should answer the emails we have been sending for many many months to resolve the issues people have been trying to get fixed since January.
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 October 2019, 09:37:40 by redbanshee »