Author Topic: [IC] SP-SA Carbon Round 2  (Read 139120 times)

Offline fouras

Re: [IC] SP-SA Carbon Round 2
« Reply #200 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 15:27:20 »
Why do the mod kits have capslock as one word while the Ergodox kit uses two words? Is that intentional?

Looking great otherwise.

Offline tron

« Reply #201 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 15:47:39 »
Orange alphas look amazing. I'm in.

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #202 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 15:48:18 »
Why do the mod kits have capslock as one word while the Ergodox kit uses two words? Is that intentional?

Looking great otherwise.

Its an error in mod kits... Thanks for the catch.

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #203 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 16:00:12 »
Sooo:
Bone alphas
Orange alphas
Regular mods
Novelties
Warning signs

-Maybe-
Bone mods
Plank(or 40%)
Numpad
Multiples of certain kits.

Yikes

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #204 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 16:09:50 »
Sooo:
Bone alphas
Orange alphas
Regular mods
Novelties
Warning signs

-Maybe-
Bone mods
Plank(or 40%)
Numpad
Multiples of certain kits.

Yikes

I would not do any plan yet. There are still kits to come. Flex will be back for example. Probably few new ones. In the end there will be enough choices. Wallet will be the limit.

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
[IC] SP-SA Carbon Round 2
« Reply #205 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 16:33:41 »
Carbon Novelties:
Show Image

Added missing vertical 2u + key... lol
Show Image

Damn was really hoping the novelty kit would have that R1 2u Graphene key to use in place of backspace. Thought it was a go after someone said "sounds like a job for the novelty kit" and you responded "indeed it is ;)"

Still very excited about all these extras!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #206 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 16:48:49 »
Carbon Novelties:
Show Image

Show Image

Damn was really hoping the novelty kit would have that R1 2u Graphene key to use in place of backspace. Thought it was a go after someone said "sounds like a job for the novelty kit" and you responded "indeed it is ;)"

That was just fast response. Anyway think of how off it would look. There is on one side graphene enter and backspace. On the other side nothing. I dont think its a good idea making it as a part of novelty kit. It will just dont look good. Making it looking good requires graphene modifiers, which i'd like to look at first. And i do not promise either these to happen. If they do look bad i will just discard that idea.

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
[IC] SP-SA Carbon Round 2
« Reply #207 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 16:53:46 »

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #208 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 16:54:35 »
Carbon Novelties:
Show Image

Show Image

That was just fast response. Anyway think of how off it would look. There is on one side graphene enter and backspace. On the other side nothing. I dont think its a good idea making it as a part of novelty kit. It will just dont look good. Making it looking good requires graphene modifiers, which i'd like to look at first. And i do not promise either these to happen. If they do look bad i will just discard that idea.

On my board i was using the Graphene enter as a left shift modifier as well. So had Graphene enter Graphene delete on right, Graphene shift on left. And had my modifiers on my 60 in a R1, R2, R3, R3, R4 set up.  I'm the one that posted the SA Carbon / SA pulse mix on reddit so you can check there for reference (same username) think the way I had the modifiers set up looked pretty good

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #209 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 16:58:16 »
Carbon Novelties:
Show Image

Show Image

On my board i was using the Graphene enter as a left shift modifier as well. So had Graphene enter Graphene delete on right, Graphene shift on left. And had my modifiers on my 60 in a R1, R2, R3, R3, R4 set up.  I'm the one that posted the SA Carbon / SA pulse mix on reddit so you can check there for reference (same username) think the way I had the modifiers set up looked pretty good

But right now its different. Round 1 had row 3 shifts. This round they are row 4. This has to be looked at first.

Offline numerofour

« Reply #210 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 17:37:33 »
Any chance of a white-on-black warning signs just like the bone modifiers?

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
« Reply #211 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 19:06:54 »
The sets are really looking good! Loving the options on warning signs :thumb:

The exotic set still needs the following for true cop car support:

R4 End (1U)
R4 `~ (1U)
TG3 BL82, Cherry MX clears
Access IS 15x8 matrix layout, Cherry MX blacks

Offline Terceler

« Reply #212 on: Sun, 02 April 2017, 23:55:35 »
Sets look great! I will probably order one of most of the sets.

In the Ergodox Professional kit:
Is it possible to also add the accentgrave/tilde key (`/~) to Row 1?

Looking through some published layouts, some people use that key there. It's also been offered in the past in the following kits: DSA Sci-Fi/Overcast, SA Danger Zone, XDA Canvas, and DSA Granite.

Also sometimes offered is /? key in Row 4.

Anyone have any thoughts regarding this?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #213 on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 00:08:25 »
The sets are really looking good! Loving the options on warning signs :thumb:

The exotic set still needs the following for true cop car support:

R4 End (1U)
R4 `~ (1U)

I'll look into that.

Sets look great! I will probably order one of most of the sets.

In the Ergodox Professional kit:
Is it possible to also add the accentgrave/tilde key (`/~) to Row 1?

Looking through some published layouts, some people use that key there. It's also been offered in the past in the following kits: DSA Sci-Fi/Overcast, SA Danger Zone, XDA Canvas, and DSA Granite.

Also sometimes offered is /? key in Row 4.

Anyone have any thoughts regarding this?

Sorry no additions to professional kit. It supports only default layouts of kynesis and ergodox from inputclub. Though it has some additional options but it has already enough keys....

Any chance of a white-on-black warning signs just like the bone modifiers?

I am thinking about making two warning signs kits... One with orange color the other without. I will definitely look into it.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #214 on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 11:22:11 »
Carbon Novelties:
Show Image

Show Image

Again just want to show the current plan. This is just a fast mockup. But this is something i am thinking of if we talk about graphene mods. Each row needs to be done properly. There are some issues like the row 4 shifts can have only 2u wide symbols etc. This needs an workout and its not set in stone that this might be available kit in the drop. Maybe i do just a bunch of graphene keys with no intend there to pleace those. I dont know at this moment. I need to make some mockups and look at it. I need time for these.

Offline grayish

« Reply #215 on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 15:50:22 »
Love the bone variation! I'm missing a bone ISO enter though :)

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #216 on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 15:58:18 »
Love the bone variation! I'm missing a bone ISO enter though :)

Wanted to add it first, however iso kit with 3 iso enters is kinda weird. But actually yes, why not. I'll add it with next update.

Offline doom2

« Reply #217 on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 16:14:58 »
Excited for this! Would love a 'forums kit' (or at least a GH cap)  ;D

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #218 on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 20:58:35 »
Carbon Novelties:
Show Image

Show Image

Again just want to show the current plan. This is just a fast mockup. But this is something i am thinking of if we talk about graphene mods. Each row needs to be done properly. There are some issues like the row 4 shifts can have only 2u wide symbols etc. This needs an workout and its not set in stone that this might be available kit in the drop. Maybe i do just a bunch of graphene keys with no intend there to pleace those. I dont know at this moment. I need to make some mockups and look at it. I need time for these.
Show Image

Thanks for doing a quick mock up. I don't think many people will use this kit to run full Graphene mods, but I do think a lot of people would buy it to have the option of using Graphene on whatever mods they wanted to.

Offline richard912

« Reply #219 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 01:11:35 »
Alpha + modifier kit is sufficient for a B.Mini?

« Reply #220 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 17:22:12 »
My wallet already hates you. I'm in.

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #221 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 18:25:28 »
Alpha + modifier kit is sufficient for a B.Mini?

It would seem so. In the past there were a few keys, the small "right shift" and 1u alt+fn+ctrl, that forced people to get a seperate kit to fill 75% boards. The modifiers kit here has all those.

The only issue I see coming up is based on what you set those keys on the right edge of the board to. You might not have the right profile key, since this kit has specific keys for specific rows. If that makes sense.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #222 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 19:53:43 »
Plz just run this GB already!!!!!! :)
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline richard912

« Reply #223 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 23:07:04 »
Yup, from what I see of the renders, it would appear so. Just needed confirmation. Thanks

Offline PlasticSporkz

« Reply #224 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 07:58:04 »
I'm in for a set of Alphas, Modifiers, Numpad kit, Exotic Kit, Warning Signs, & Carbon Novelties.
Ducky Shine 2, Poker II, Leopold FC980M x2. Cherry Blues

Offline maximm

« Reply #225 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 09:54:24 »
Loving it tombery!
I would love Norde-kit for the orange alphas. Norde made it for both kits in Dasher/Dancer, we can do it again!
Also wondering if you could hook us up with 2x 1.5 novelties in R4 for the novelties kit.
Also would like to se §/½ (tilde in us) in modifier colors for the norde kits.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #226 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 10:49:41 »

Not yet the kits are far from being ready. Also the schedule will not allow it. But soon :)

Loving it tombery!
I would love Norde-kit for the orange alphas. Norde made it for both kits in Dasher/Dancer, we can do it again!
Also wondering if you could hook us up with 2x 1.5 novelties in R4 for the novelties kit.
Also would like to se §/½ (tilde in us) in modifier colors for the norde kits.

Hey thanks for the tip. I'll study dasher and dancer moq list and probably will introduce some orange alphas support like norde in orange :)

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #227 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 10:56:48 »
Definitely in this. Thanks T0mb3ry for all your hard work. You are amazing,man!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #228 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 11:09:54 »
Definitely in this. Thanks T0mb3ry for all your hard work. You are amazing,man!
You are welcome!  ;) Hope we can see more of your amazing boards in the future!  :thumb: Cant wait to see revo board in person. The pictures i've seen so far are amazing. And people who recived your boards already are amazed too.

Offline PlasticSporkz

« Reply #229 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 11:18:14 »

Not yet the kits are far from being ready. Also the schedule will not allow it. But soon :)

Soon is so far away.......
Ducky Shine 2, Poker II, Leopold FC980M x2. Cherry Blues

Offline daijizai

« Reply #230 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 12:25:40 »
At last, my love has come along
my lonely days are over, and life is like a song

Offline daijizai

« Reply #231 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 12:33:26 »
Any chance for an orange Dvorak/Colemak kit?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #232 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 13:24:05 »
Any chance for an orange Dvorak/Colemak kit?

Heavily considering it. However i need to think about moq. It may not tip since the buyers will be splitted. Thus you need to understand why i dont introduce too many choices. With too many choices, kits will not tip and you are left with nothing.

Offline mindcomputing

« Reply #233 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 16:08:51 »
I already checked
I have more then enough keebs that need this!
  • GH60 Rev CHN Satan ISO 60% (currently rocking tai hao Sunset/sunshine)
    Cherry MX 1800 USB  ISO (currently STOCK Laser ABS GMK but VERY worn off!)
    TKL ANSI US (Tai Hao PBT double Shot PBT black orange)

so its at least 3 sets for me!

Offline simonyunhe

« Reply #234 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 10:40:58 »
Any chance we can have the WKL kit stand-alone. I have R1 but missing the WKL kit!
KeyBs:|RS96-Brown|GS-87-White|DIYer60-Red|VA68M-Brown|GS-ALT71-Blue|IKBC-108-Black|
KeyCs:|SA Carbon R1+2|SA Camping|SA Amazing Chocolatier|SA Commando 88 Ghost|SA Hyperfuse|SA Penumbra|SA Doom|SA Creamy Orange|SA Ocean Dolch|SA Lotus*72|SA Trouble Minds R2|DSA Granite|GMK TA|GMK Soware|XDA Mailstone|GM Ember|

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #235 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 12:54:53 »
Any chance we can have the WKL kit stand-alone. I have R1 but missing the WKL kit!

I need to look into definitely. Mod kits are fairly big. I could make wkl standalone. Though bone mods will be untouched since its optional and i dont want to make extra kits for it, which will fight other kits.

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #236 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 15:29:26 »
Would it be possible to put a R3 \| key into the NorDeUK kit? I would like to use US ANSI software layout on an ISO board which puts the \| in place of '* of ISO Nordic. There is one included in the adaptive alphas.

Alphas, Modifiers, and the NorDeUK kit for me in any case. "Normal" everything. :)
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline buzzking00

« Reply #237 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 22:45:26 »
IN 4 ONE!

Offline Petch

« Reply #238 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 06:29:22 »
I need this ;_;

Offline nihraguk

« Reply #239 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 10:58:48 »
Count me in

Offline zslane

« Reply #240 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 14:50:57 »
Norde made it for both kits in Dasher/Dancer, we can do it again!

Actually, the Dancer Norde kit only got 9 orders against an MOQ of 25. The Dancer ISO kit got 18 orders. While 18 orders is enough that MassDrop will usually push it through production, 9 is not. They had to go over the financials for that GB long and hard before deciding to push Dancer Norde through. That kit did not make it by reaching MOQ, it made it by tugging on the sleeves of MassDrop's good will.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #241 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 15:45:40 »
Norde made it for both kits in Dasher/Dancer, we can do it again!

Actually, the Dancer Norde kit only got 9 orders against an MOQ of 25. The Dancer ISO kit got 18 orders. While 18 orders is enough that MassDrop will usually push it through production, 9 is not. They had to go over the financials for that GB long and hard before deciding to push Dancer Norde through. That kit did not make it by reaching MOQ, it made it by tugging on the sleeves of MassDrop's good will.

Yeah can confirm. I've seen the moq table from the drop. Thus i think doing only beige intl kit makes more sense and is safer.

Offline dsaf

« Reply #242 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 16:06:38 »
Speaking of international kits, will there be any way to put honeycomb novelty on the oversize 2.75 Right Shift of ISO (UK) TKL? Would be nice to have honeycomb for 1.25 Ctrl/Alt too. Can be two classic orange-grey variants.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 April 2017, 16:12:37 by dsaf »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #243 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 08:12:34 »
Speaking of international kits, will there be any way to put honeycomb novelty on the oversize 2.75 Right Shift of ISO (UK) TKL? Would be nice to have honeycomb for 1.25 Ctrl/Alt too. Can be two classic orange-grey variants.

Thats the case for the graphene mods kit, which i need to look into.

Offline dsaf

« Reply #244 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 13:12:47 »
Thats the case for the graphene mods kit, which i need to look into.

Makes sense, thanks.

Control is that i personally want. Just needed an example.

Any change to include Ctrl in one of the kits to give a choice? It's just it is always weird for me to see Control + Alt rather than Control + Alternate or Ctrl + Alt...

Also will there be triangular symbol orange arrow keys? I know making all the kits takes time - just wanted to check...

Offline dsaf

« Reply #245 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 13:18:18 »
Please use the full spelling for everything as on my SA Round 6 which looks amazing!

I don't see consistent full spelling there to be honest: Capitals Lock and Tabulator are abbreviated - and those are pretty wide buttons. Also lacks the Alternate key full spelling.

My preference is either: 1) mainstream (Ctrl), 2) all abbreviated, 3) all using full spelling.

This is not to argue, just want to look at this from all angles...
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 April 2017, 13:20:54 by dsaf »

Offline salinity

« Reply #246 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 13:41:53 »
This is a cap set that I've drooled over since I first saw pictures of it.  I think I'll have to be in for alphas, mods, planck, egodox, warnings, and novelties.  Maybe the adaptives, too.  Who knows where I'll want to use this once I get it!?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #247 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 13:57:39 »
Update.

Modifiers kit
- Moved alternate color keys, stepped keys, led windowed keys and wkl keys into "Mod extension kit" see below. The reason for that is, i want to find a balance between support for many layouts as possible but being at the same time affordable. So i dont want to bother people mentaly (which kits should i buy to cover my ducky (tkl or 60%) or TADA board?) and financialy (I hope alphas + modifiers will be obtainable under 100$). The other thing is also some people missed wkl keys from round 1 which was part of a specific kit which sold not that well. It was bought by 25% of buyers and it had all the specific key needed to cover for boards like 65% and ofcourse wkl. And i see frequently people looking for that specific kit.  So i am trying to avoid these scenarios in this round. These modifiers inlcude everything you need to cover any popular layout nowadays (except wkl keys). Though it supports only default Carbon colorway you have to keep that in mind.
- Added row1 1u backspace
- Added row 4 2 x 1.5u "SUPER" keys (hhkb support)
- Moved row 2 1u "PAGE UP" to row 3
- Moved row 3 1u "PAGE DOWN" to row 4

Mod extension kit
New kit which includes all the alternate color keys, stepped keys, led windowed keys and WKL keys. I personaly think that this kit is also very interessting for round1 participants, ince its has all the alternate color keys.

Bone modifiers
It will stay as it is. Its optional and is for people who cant stand orange colors btw want to minimize it as good as possible. Since its optional icant support it to full extent with other kits.
- Added row1 1u backspace
- Added row 4 2 x 1.5u "SUPER" keys (hhkb support)

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #248 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 18:51:07 »
I think you're making a good choice.  I much prefer having larger kits offering more coverage compared to buying 5 little kits or so to cover a specific board, even if I have to spend a few more dollars.  Inevitably I will want to move the set to something else, and if I only bought a few little kits, there's a good chance I wouldn't have coverage!
keyboards.

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
« Reply #249 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 19:00:07 »
Update.

Modifiers kit

This is bad news for cops. BL82 needed R2 "page up" and R3 "page down". If possible could we please have those added to the exotic kit along with the R4 "`~" and R4 "end"? That way anyone else who still needs "page up" and "page down" in those rows can get them from the exotic kit.
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 April 2017, 20:05:18 by Bob »
TG3 BL82, Cherry MX clears
Access IS 15x8 matrix layout, Cherry MX blacks