Author Topic: How do I fix a Futaba keyboard with 4 dead switches?  (Read 2062 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
How do I fix a Futaba keyboard with 4 dead switches?
« on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 15:14:33 »
I have a "Leading Technology" keyboard with what I presume are white Futaba switches. They feel great and I want to fix the board, but I have 4 dead switches (actually 5, but one is "Scroll Lock" so I can't harvest it).

Are they pin-compatible with anything else, even something bad? I have extra Cherries and Alps.

I can shuffle switches and give up F7 and F8 or something, but are there other alternatives?

thanks
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 July 2013, 16:44:19 by fohat.digs »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
Re: How do I fix a Futaba keyboard with 4 dead switches?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 28 July 2013, 03:54:38 »
what is the model number?

Offline Daniel Beardsmore

• RIP
    • Boring twaddle
Re: How do I fix a Futaba keyboard with 4 dead switches?
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 17:25:57 »
Post a photo of the switches.

People mix up Futaba and SMK, and neither one is compatible with the other or with anything else in the world. Futaba are a real pain in that they're sealed, and the only way to get them apart is to drill them open; you'll need to glue them back together when done.
Bore Awards
Most Boring Person on the Planet – 2011 Winner