Author Topic: Clack Therapy  (Read 8547396 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Clack Therapy
« Reply #250 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 06:58:54 »
can someone show me how to hide this thread, and hide any thread or post where a clack is mentioned, while still being able to browse the GH forums?
not being sarcastic, it just makes me so sad. after witnessing my first clack sale after 3 years of being on GH, I don't even want to know they exist.

Don't think there is an easy way to do this, and it is not possible if using Tapatalk.  ???

Offline Jack Karneval

• I'm gunna pop some keys, only got $20 in my pocket
« Reply #251 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 22:06:31 »
I missed a CC sale apparently....... oh well lol.
: CM Storm Trigger (MX Green) : KBT Pure Pro (MX Blue) :

Offline Yzeets

« Reply #252 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 22:29:45 »
I like the sales on EK better, what if someone is still on AOL dialup free 30 min CD and the email delays 10 secs

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #253 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 22:32:13 »
Did you even witness the last "sale" on EK? Lottery was NOT the way to go...

Offline unnatural

« Reply #254 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 22:42:37 »

how exactly do sales on EK work?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #255 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 22:52:05 »

Would have been if they hadn't taken far too long collating the results.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #256 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 14:15:47 »

last year their octoberfest/Halloween "sale" was done auction style where anyone could enter their emails to be in the draw leaving a lot of options to cheat the system. It took them forever to actually do the draw then it took a loong time to notify the winners. Very little questions were answered and it was all around confusion and just a bad time.. It sparked many arguments in the community.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #257 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 14:29:44 »

I enjoyed it... seeing as I got my first and only cc from it.

0:5 in standard sales, and 1:1 in drawings?

Ya Ill take the drawing method... :p

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #258 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 14:38:33 »
Too many hoarders and opportunists in this darn clack game.

I put the $35 towards a raspberry pi.  :-*

Notbad...
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline Glissant

« Reply #259 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 14:42:51 »

Already posted this in the post your clack thread, but it deserves to be here to.
NSFW!!!
More

Offline unnatural

« Reply #260 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 16:00:11 »

last year their octoberfest/Halloween "sale" was done auction style where anyone could enter their emails to be in the draw leaving a lot of options to cheat the system. It took them forever to actually do the draw then it took a loong time to notify the winners. Very little questions were answered and it was all around confusion and just a bad time.. It sparked many arguments in the community.

Sounds like a nightmare. thanks for the response ;D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #261 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 18:58:36 »
I suspect EK were overwhelmed by the number of submissions.  Plus this was the first time they tried a sale like this.  I entered but did not "win" anything.  At least you had a couple of weeks to submit your entries.

The recent Clack RWB sale was more traditional - given a date and time, send an email to a nominated address.  Given the number of people who would have entered, and the speed at which this kind of sale finishes (3 seconds?), your email has about as much chance as getting in the top 100 received at exactly the appointed hour as you have getting picked in the EK draw.

Have patience, those who did not win.  These clacks are new (which only makes it worse to have not won), but will eventually appear in Classifieds or maybe even as give-aways.

There will be another sale :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #262 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 20:37:53 »
I suspect EK were overwhelmed by the number of submissions.  Plus this was the first time they tried a sale like this.  I entered but did not "win" anything.  At least you had a couple of weeks to submit your entries.

The recent Clack RWB sale was more traditional - given a date and time, send an email to a nominated address.  Given the number of people who would have entered, and the speed at which this kind of sale finishes (3 seconds?), your email has about as much chance as getting in the top 100 received at exactly the appointed hour as you have getting picked in the EK draw.

Have patience, those who did not win.  These clacks are new (which only makes it worse to have not won), but will eventually appear in Classifieds or maybe even as give-aways.

I just think it would be too easy to get ten friends to join the clack lottery on your behalf using their addresses and emails. At least this way it's by GH name. "Hey can I use your e-mail to enter a contest?" Seems easier to do than "hey can you go onto geekhack.org and create a whole profile then sit at your computer at this specific time and send an email when the clock hits zero?" It just seems like a no brainer to me to have the sales the traditional way. 

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #263 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 20:56:29 »

I just think it would be too easy to get ten friends to join the clack lottery on your behalf using their addresses and emails. At least this way it's by GH name. "Hey can I use your e-mail to enter a contest?" Seems easier to do than "hey can you go onto geekhack.org and create a whole profile then sit at your computer at this specific time and send an email when the clock hits zero?" It just seems like a no brainer to me to have the sales the traditional way. 

Wait, wut?  People game the system for Clacks, just like everywhere else in life?  That sux.  Stop piercing the veil of my unsophisticated naïveté, you bastards.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline KeyPop

• * Vendor
  • www.KeyPop.net [키팝.net]
    • KeyPop.net
« Reply #264 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 21:30:53 »
:'[

Offline dndlmx

« Reply #265 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 21:39:28 »
I'm ready for round 2!!!
Factory seconds lol? :'(

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #266 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 21:41:54 »
:'[
I gotta say for a moment there when the clack itself caught fire it looked pretty awesome! Like Ghost Rider.

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #267 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 22:03:38 »
Yo dudes, i've been wondering...

Since CC always says to put your GH username in the subject line of emails, does that mean these are intended to go to GH members only?

& how can he even make sure they're a member when this forum doesn't even have a public 'members list' ...like most forums?

Just one thing i've been wondering. Especially with the lack of pictures in the cc media thread... kinda sad. Feels like everyone should be so pumped to post their hauls up? But im sure most of the cc go to random non-members anyway... right? ...

Or I am wrong? there is a GH members list available to him for this purpose? or moderators are involved? What is the point of asking for our user name then? blacklist only?

jw

Offline clickclack

• * Maker
  • Board Chow EXTRAORDINAIRE
« Reply #268 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 22:15:24 »
I use the force Lu_e
862+ keyboards and counting!   R.I.P.ster          Vendor link ->Clack Factory

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #269 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 22:20:11 »

Since CC always says to put your GH username in the subject line of emails, does that mean these are intended to go to GH members only?

& how can he even make sure they're a member when this forum doesn't even have a public 'members list' ...like most forums?

Just one thing i've been wondering. Especially with the lack of pictures in the cc media thread... kinda sad. Feels like everyone should be so pumped to post their hauls up? But im sure most of the cc go to random non-members anyway... right? ...

Or I am wrong? there is a GH members list available to him for this purpose? or moderators are involved? What is the point of asking for our user name then? blacklist only?

jw

The arm of gnomes must keep a list. Or something.

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #270 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 22:20:31 »

jw

The search engine is a powerful thing.
Looking for CC's!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #271 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 22:49:51 »

jw

I suspect this is a sale especially for GH.

I do not know if he does the same for other keyboard forums, but I suspect not.

We are very lucky :)

He also probably has search gnomes.

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #272 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 23:35:44 »

jw

The search engine is a powerful thing.

I guess. A few times now I've needed/wanted to look up a member solely by the starting letter of their username... (if thats all I could remember, this happened a while ago trying to find Binge) search couldn't help with that.

I would seriously like to know the point of hiding the members list...

ie; http://www.bikeguide.org/forum/index.php?action=mlist

http://www.hachiroku.net/forums/memberlist.php

Offline unnatural

« Reply #273 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 13:47:48 »

Jimmies so rustled. Whenever I see a clack for sale anywhere its bought nearly instantly for $100+. Clacks are about as elusive as the  mystical cherry MY moose.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #274 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 14:11:45 »
Show Image

Jimmies so rustled. Whenever I see a clack for sale anywhere its bought nearly instantly for $100+. Clacks are about as elusive as the  mystical cherry MY moose.

Where did that guy go anyway? I heard he was pretty sexy. Speaking of, check out this Moosesicle Clark. I heard it fits MY too.

Offline unnatural

« Reply #275 on: Fri, 09 August 2013, 14:55:07 »
Show Image

Where did that guy go anyway? I heard he was pretty sexy. Speaking of, check out this Moosesicle Clark. I heard it fits MY too.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #276 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 20:34:25 »
rowdy? whats up?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #277 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 20:37:11 »
rowdy? whats up?

What's up is I have only 2 Clarks.  They are getting lonely ...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #278 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 20:39:54 »
rowdy? whats up?

send me one and then they can be in a long distance relationship :P

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #279 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 20:48:52 »
rowdy? whats up?

send me one and then they can be in a long distance relationship :P

Ahahahaha I see what you did there.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #280 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 21:15:10 »
Soo ready for the rage when people don't get a clark.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #281 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 22:10:43 »
Not getting a clack?

What a... BEAR!

60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #282 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 22:21:13 »
Not getting a clack?

What a... BEAR!

Show Image

That is dope.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #283 on: Wed, 25 September 2013, 22:47:39 »

And the accusations of a rigged draw, again *sigh*

I still reckon the EK draw last time went well, just a bit too long as they ironed out the bugs.

Be interesting to see how quickly this one goes off :)

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #284 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 01:43:59 »

I still reckon the EK draw last time went well, just a bit too long as they ironed out the bugs.

Are you kidding?  EK sales are rigged up more than the HMS Bounty.  At least those poor swabs had Fletcher Christian to make a mutiny.

Well, I guess they had each other, too.  That was a manly time.

I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #285 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 02:01:42 »

Are you kidding?  EK sales are rigged up more than the HMS Bounty.  At least those poor swabs had Fletcher Christian to make a mutiny.

Show Image

Well, I guess they had each other, too.  That was a manly time.

Show Image

That's pretty rough - making a one-legged man with no shirt sweep the deck in the burning sun.

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #286 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 03:51:35 »
ah, good old clack therapy thread is back :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #287 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 04:11:27 »

We've missed it, like an old friend who drops in unexpectedly and finds you doing something you'd rather no-one knew about.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #288 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 06:40:37 »

We've missed it, like an old friend who drops in unexpectedly and finds you doing something you'd rather no-one knew about.

There's a thread for that somewhere hahaha

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #289 on: Thu, 26 September 2013, 15:09:08 »

There's a thread for that somewhere hahaha

I wouldn't be at all surprised!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #290 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 05:24:01 »
And here we are a week later with the drawing in progress.

Just a reminder about this thread for anyone who doesn't get anything and feels "cheated" or something.

I missed out on the last EK drawing, and since then I have acquired two Clarks, one at retail (from CC's 4grabs and one at not much more than retail from Classifieds).

There is still hope!

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #291 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 05:29:40 »
My thread! She lives!!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #292 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 07:49:27 »
inb4 anyone 'wins'

Offline pmh1410

« Reply #293 on: Fri, 04 October 2013, 23:37:22 »
anyone got email from EK ?
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club

Keyboards Collection: Powered by OTD
TKL: 360C Hyper Silver, Cheat B/R/B
Mini: 356mini Red, Duck Poker + 38GT.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #294 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 00:52:29 »
Yes some people have got an email from EK.

And most have clicked the link in the submission confirmation email only to discover, as I did, that they were unsuccessful.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #295 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 01:36:30 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #296 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 01:37:18 »

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #297 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 01:37:45 »
Show Image

Congratulations!
Yeah I'm really drunk so this hasn't exactly sunk in lol

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #298 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 01:38:37 »
Yup. I don't like these EK sales nearly as much as 4Grabs. And not because I didn't win, it's just that I really love the butterflies in the stomach feeling after you have made your list for 4grabs, you got your email all ready to go, a clack thread open to monitor all the chatter from GHers and your eyes glued to the countdown timer. I just love the whole process.

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #299 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 01:40:14 »
Show Image

Congrats man! Glad to see a member win one!
Looking for CC's!