Author Topic: Brand New Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless w/ RED Switches  (Read 13998 times)

Offline JohnBlaze

• Trade Count: (0)
Brand New Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless w/ RED Switches
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 11 March 2011, 04:12:28 »
First off, while I admire your backing him up, that's obviously not what he meant given he said the Keyboard Co deserves the sale, implying that Amazon isn't affiliated with them. They are directly affiliated! Even if he were, like you said, only concerned about the shipping method, please consider the keyboard is being shipped from a distribution center in the united states where I live, and I'm sure that's just as safe as traveling all the way from the UK.

Second, I apologized for that rude comment of mine. I was surprised, though, that someone went as far to call me a prick, but I've no problem replying to them as it's a good opportunity to bump this thread.

Third, I purchased the board to see how a $165 Filco w/ red switches felt in comparison to $300 HHKB Pro 2 w/ Topre. If the Filco had blown me away I wouldn't be selling it - but it didn't.

Lastly, I can return it for a full refund within 30 days, but opted to list it here after seeing complaints that it didn't ship to Canada. Apparently some people view my auction format as a ploy to exploit people, but they should also consider that first-come first-serve methods caters\ to the most active users who probably own several boards, leaving those less active but in greater need with few options to compete. For example, suppose you offered to ship your only keyboard for free to the first person who asked and received 2 requests within a matter of minutes (no, you can't buy one for both of them!) I'm sure you'd honor your word, but what if I told you the first person already owns a red Filco and wants second for work where he makes $30/hr, whereas the second person is a 14 yr old kid trying to buy his first with $200 he received on his birthday. He obviously can't afford to buy one from Keyboard Co, so what do you do? Would you help him out instead?

It doesn't matter either way since most parents wouldn't trust a stranger with their kid's money, which means the kid has to settle for another board or none at all. He can't even persuade you with more money! You get the point.

Thanks for the replies. Be back in a week.

Offline JohnBlaze

« Reply #51 on: Fri, 11 March 2011, 04:30:37 »
Quote from: fuzzybaffy;309741
I was talking about your attitude. The pricing, I'll agree with some posters, isn't too out of hand, but you're talking as if you're doing a service to people (when, honestly, you're really not, because you're wanting to put this up for auction with the reserve price set at the price you paid for it, which means you're trying to get it priced more than you paid for, which means it's priced higher than other people can buy it for, which means, you're really not doing a service to people - did you get that?), and therefore is a reason for people to buy it off of you. Which is what I'm talking about; it reeks of self-entitlement.

But in a buyer/seller relationship, it doesn't work that way. A seller sets the price, and if a buyer likes it, he'll buy it. If not, he doesn't, and if the seller needs to sell it, will price it accordingly so that the buyer will.

But you, on the other hand, for some reason, keep trying to hammer it home that "it's worth it" and that you're "doing a service to people" with these ridiculous rationalizations (how much shipping costs, how much it costs on Keyboard co. while ignoring how much it costs on Amazon, which people have easy access to, how you could return it for a refund), instead of at least attempting to accommodate buyers' demands.

Yea, that reeks of entitlement.

And if I disagree, it absolutely concerns me. Because... I disagree? That's a pretty bigoted statement from you right there.

And finally, well, I misread that last statement about you leaving. But, to our credit, it still was a jab at everyone posting in this thread, labeling them as "trolls", when a vast majority of the people here seem to see it the other way around.

Why would I sell it for less than what I paid for it?!?!? Hauling my ass to the post office and dealing with customs is indeed a service, and I obviously need some incentive considering I could just return it! I'm re-iterating that because I never claimed to be doing ANYONE a favor, but if anything I did help spread the word that this board is 40% off at Amazon.com. Did it occur to you that I could've made more money by simply withholding that information? So why would I include it? Maybe so people knew all of their options, unlike the guy who paid $100 more not realizing Keyboard Co & Amazon were actually affiliated?

And I didn't call everyone trolls. There've been 3-4 constructive comments from users who actually helped me with my decision to buy my Filco and soon the HHKB or Realforce 86u.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 March 2011, 05:13:00 by JohnBlaze »

Offline JohnBlaze

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 11 March 2011, 05:56:33 »
Quote from: kalrykh;309670
Haha.  You pay 160 for it from amazon, where anyone else in the us can get it, then try to say it's worth what someone would pay from the uk with ****ty exchange rates and high shipping costs. Sod off.  I live in the us and still paid keyboard co to ship it to me, rather than amazon, because they provide top notch service.  They deserve the sale.  Theyve earned it.  You haven't.  If anyone can get their hands on it right now, it's not exactly rare.  You have no business trying to charge a premium.  Get out of our forum.

This merits a direct response.

I clearly stated it's available for $165 at Amazon.com in my original post!!! I also stated this auction is intended for residents outside of the US where Amazon doesn't ship. That said, why the hell would I sell a keyboard and deal with customs for the same price I paid when it's still in its return period? For MONEY, obviously. Because I can make a small profit by performing a small service while those people can save money themselves.

Piss off dude and please take an entry level business course.

Offline JohnBlaze

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 11 March 2011, 05:58:24 »
Quote from: kalrykh;309808
No, moron, what I was saying was that KBC earned the sale.  You didn't.  You opened the keyboard. It's not rare.  Therefore, it loses value as it's been handled, and you're asking for a premium.  KBC is a great company to work with and I was happy to make sure the extra markup went to them.  This is how I do things. If a company offers great service, I will continue to do business with them, even if I have to pay more.  You, however, have quickly established a reputation as a douchebag and I wouldn't buy a board from you if it were free and all I had to pay was shipping.  So don't talk about what I obviously meant, when obviously everyone understood what I meant except you. Stop trying to sound like you're being altruistic. Good keyboards are not a necessity. They sure as hell don't qualify for a welfare mentality.  Omg think of the children.

I read that Cherry switches went obsolete this year. Why do you think they're priced more than other color switches?

And what's all this talk about premiums? If I bought a keyboard for $165 that would've cost you $270 and sold it to you for $200 is that unfair? Why should I lower the price just for you or your buddies? Because you kiss ass on a forum, right? This ain't China buddy.

Piss off.

Mods can close this thread. Regards.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 March 2011, 06:08:24 by JohnBlaze »

Offline trievalot

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 11 March 2011, 05:58:40 »
Quote from: JohnBlaze;309804
Why would I sell it for less than what I paid for it?!?!? Hauling my ass to the post office and dealing with customs is indeed a service, and I obviously need some incentive considering I could just return it! I'm re-iterating that because I never claimed to be doing ANYONE a favor, but if anything I did help spread the word that this board is 40% off at Amazon.com. Did it occur to you that I could've made more money by simply withholding that information? So why would I include it? Maybe so people knew all of their options, unlike the guy who paid $100 more not realizing Keyboard Co & Amazon were actually affiliated?

And I didn't call everyone trolls. There've been 3-4 constructive comments from users who actually helped me with my decision to buy my Filco and soon the HHKB or Realforce 86u.

you are retarded
[SIGPIC]

Offline trievalot

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 11 March 2011, 05:59:14 »
Quote from: JohnBlaze;309812
I read that Cherry switches went obsolete this year. Why do you think they're priced more than other color switches? Please do your homework before replying.

you are retarded
[SIGPIC]