Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4207930 times)

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #8700 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 17:46:24 »
The actor for jake from statefarm was murdered.  :'(

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #8701 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 17:47:13 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:07:09 by alienman82 »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline iri

« Reply #8704 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 18:07:34 »
Today was the third time someone threw something at us from a bypassing car, in the last 8 months.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #8705 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 18:34:23 »
Today was the third time someone threw something at us from a bypassing car, in the last 8 months.

WTF?? What did they throw at you?
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline iri

« Reply #8706 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 19:10:11 »
Something filled with liquid, a bottle or a can. I don't know what that was exactly as the car was moving very fast, so the object flew by in a blink of an eye and probably fell into a river -- we were crossing a bridge. They missed a little and the liquid spilled in front of us.

I think it's a common thing here as it tends to happen with us every three months.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #8707 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 19:28:43 »
Personalised licence plates are lame

Boooo
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #8708 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 19:37:11 »

Something filled with liquid, a bottle or a can. I don't know what that was exactly as the car was moving very fast, so the object flew by in a blink of an eye and probably fell into a river -- we were crossing a bridge. They missed a little and the liquid spilled in front of us.

I think it's a common thing here as it tends to happen with us every three months.

Russia or England?
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #8709 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 20:54:25 »
Don't know if I want to try out colemak... but I don't have a keycap puller to change my caps over at work...

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #8710 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 21:10:07 »
Don't know if I want to try out colemak.

I have this fantasy that one day in the not-too-terribly-distant future I will not have to work with numbers for a living and will be able to write.

At that point, I fantasize that I will set up a really nice Alps keyboard without a numpad and transition over to Colemak, in FOSS.

But maybe that is just a fantasy. As long as I have to live in the "real world" I am stuck with ANSI, the numpad, and Micro$oft. At least I have buckling springs.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline ripwallet

« Reply #8711 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 23:49:05 »
The weather in Texas has been absolutely brutal large parts of my city only accessible by boat >.< seems like it'll never stop!

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #8712 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 23:58:59 »
That I can't get better at my other hobby
I speedsolve Rubik's cubes for fun, and it takes me around ~12 seconds on average to solve. I've been trying to get down to under 10 second averages consistently, but can't seem to get there, no matter how much I practice.
I guess I've just hit a barrier, that a lot of people face, and takes a lot of time to get though.

Offline Bomble

« Reply #8713 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 00:34:41 »
I speedsolve Rubik's cubes for fun, and it takes me around ~12 seconds on average to solve. I've been trying to get down to under 10 second averages consistently, but can't seem to get there, no matter how much I practice.
I guess I've just hit a barrier, that a lot of people face, and takes a lot of time to get though.

It goes without saying thought that's still insanely fast. I can only do one layer :P

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8714 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 00:39:36 »
https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/safety-and-road-rules/road-rules/a-to-z-of-road-rules/roundabouts

In Victoria (indeed in Australia) we have roundabouts at many lesser intersections.

We drive on the left, and the general rule is to give way to your right.

So at a roundabout you can proceed through only if no-one is approaching from the right, which means either the road to the right, or either of the other roads leading into the roundabout if the vehicle is travelling 270 degrees or more around the roundabout (and thus would be approaching your vehicle from the right).

Ever since I learned how to drive I've been wondering what would happen if four cars approached a roundabout at the same time.  They would all have to give way to their right, so they would all have to stop to give way.

For some reason I just imagined that all four cars would stop for a few minutes, then the drivers would get out and sit in the middle of the roundabout to discuss possible ways to get out of the situation.

In all the years since then, I have not been in, nor seen, that situation.

Until yesterday.

Four cars approached a roundabout at the same time.  All slowed nearly to a stop at the same time.

What would happen?

Would we all politely wait for the other cars to move, and thus sit there for eternity, commendably giving way to our right?

Would that imagined conference take place in the middle of the roundabout?

No.  Crushing disappointment - one driver sped up (actually the one on my right that I specifically had to give way to) and went through ahead of the others.

I was actually turning left then (which makes no difference to the requirement to give way), and didn't see what the other two cars did, but I'm fairly sure they just continued on when the road was clear.

That was really crushing, debilitating disapointment.  Decades of waiting for nothing.

And then someone went and put a knife in the fork drawer at home.

Civilisation is over for me.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8715 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 00:43:38 »

Wait, you segregate your silverware in separate drawers?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8716 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 01:12:17 »

Wait, you segregate your silverware in separate drawers?

Well, no, but I don't know what the thing is called that you put the cutlery into.  It's got places for different cutlery, and someone put knife into fork area.  Which doesn't sound as fatalistic.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #8717 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 01:16:19 »
When American TV producers use any British actor they can lay their hands on to play a bad guy by giving them a FAHKIN SAAAF LAANDAN ACCENT YOO CU-HANT

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #8718 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 01:37:42 »

It goes without saying thought that's still insanely fast. I can onlyone layer :P
Yeah, definitely seems very fast to those who don't know much about it.  :D

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #8719 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 01:58:50 »
The fact I want to go home

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8720 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 03:08:21 »
When American TV producers use any British actor they can lay their hands on to play a bad guy by giving them a FAHKIN SAAAF LAANDAN ACCENT YOO CU-HANT

You mean a British accent? Huehue

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #8721 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 03:15:04 »
Waking up at 4am to exercise, getting right on the stationary bike with my coffee without checking phone, realizing the clocks get set back today after my heart rate is already up by 50 bpm and I'm full of caffeine.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline iri

« Reply #8722 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 03:37:56 »

Russia or England?
UK.

Also people yelling at pedestrians and cyclists is quite annoying. A woman I know nearly fell off her bike while cycling along the street when a bypassing driver suddenly screamed at her.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8723 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 03:42:17 »

Russia or England?
UK.

Also people yelling at pedestrians and cyclists is quite annoying. A woman I know nearly fell off her bike while cycling along the street when a bypassing driver suddenly screamed at her.

There is a lot of hatred for cyclists on roads, rightly or wrongly. Unfortunately it's always the people doing nothing wrong who get all the ****.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #8724 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 07:57:51 »

Russia or England?
UK.

There is a lot of hatred for cyclists on roads, rightly or wrongly. Unfortunately it's always the people doing nothing wrong who get all the ****.

Hmm, interesting. I've never heard of that before.

I guess the cyclists are annoying to the drivers and built up bad blood over a long time?  Seems odd to me; here they are trying to get more and more people to cycle to work to lessen traffic and pollution.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #8725 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 08:05:38 »
We have a very well-known cycling circuit that goes through my neighborhood and into town for regular bikes and through woods by old castles and **** for off-road people (I don't know cycling terms). I see them all day every day. I'd say 10% follow the rules of the road; most never signal, don't stop at the tons of stop and yield signs, don't stop at red lights, ride on the wrong side of the road (despite markings on the ****ing road with arrows and stencil of bikes), etc. So I say screw them all.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #8726 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 12:12:27 »

Russia or England?
UK.

Hmm, interesting. I've never heard of that before.

I guess the cyclists are annoying to the drivers and built up bad blood over a long time?  Seems odd to me; here they are trying to get more and more people to cycle to work to lessen traffic and pollution.

I think it's largely because British roads are very narrow compared to North American roads and cyclists tend to cycle in packs, a long train of bikes on the roads should be illegal because they go so slowly and are often longer than most lorries making over taking very difficult.
On top of that they often cut up cars, go through red lights and cruise across roundabouts without indicating.

I'm not saying all cyclists are bad, in fact most are fine. But a decent portion of them are dangerous, self righteous tossers who feel they have the right to the same space as a car, except when they are cutting you up and undertaking you in traffic.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8727 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 13:02:45 »
We have a very well-known cycling circuit that goes through my neighborhood and into town for regular bikes and through woods by old castles and **** for off-road people (I don't know cycling terms). I see them all day every day. I'd say 10% follow the rules of the road; most never signal, don't stop at the tons of stop and yield signs, don't stop at red lights, ride on the wrong side of the road (despite markings on the ****ing road with arrows and stencil of bikes), etc. So I say screw them all.

I tend to avoid Pacific Coast Highway on the weekends due to the number of douchebag cyclists doing dangerous stuff.  And when I was in Seattle (where I walked or took public transit), I was blown away by the constant and blatant disregard for the law by the fixie crowd up there.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #8728 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 14:48:04 »
I'm trying to do a job application which basically says "keep paying me more money for doing stuff I'm already doing" as I'm in a very similar role in the same department for maternity cover.  "Why are you applying at this time" is even more obvious than usual and listing my skills and duties is a waste of time when they know I can do it and the senior managers have all told me I have to apply (plus do they think I'm stupid or something??) as they're pretty screwed if I don't get it.

It's so much pointless BS that I'm seriously tempted to fill it in honestly and risk the wrath of everyone who matters and an unlivable paycut :mad:
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #8729 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 19:47:01 »
I don't understand how to get involved with this community.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #8730 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 19:50:08 »
I spaced out for a second when I went to upload an essay for college and submitted it 20 seconds late.. Except when you're late it won't even let you submit it, it just says talk to your professor, you're late. There's a big difference between having it done but being 20 seconds late and having it done when I talk to the professor a few days later, I wish it would let me upload it so it shows that I did it.. I emailed my professor but the last time I emailed her she never even responded. I'm failing the class because of a week and a half of work I missed a couple weeks ago when I was really sick and tons of high point in-class assignments happening in that time. I don't know why I haven't talked with the prof about that, I'm being so stupid :(

also, shy squad :thumb:

Courier it to  her office. It's like $30 and it'll get her attention. It's cheaper than retaking the class. Also, make sure that you email her a copy right now anyway and bring a copy of the email when you go to talk to her in case she asks.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #8731 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 19:53:17 »

What do you mean?

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #8732 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 19:58:09 »

What do you mean?

I guess I'm just not content with only buying stuff. I want to somehow like organize or design something, but I don't really have the skills to design something, and I don't have the trust of the community or the experience to organize something.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8733 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 20:07:54 »

What do you mean?

I guess I'm just not content with only buying stuff. I want to somehow like organize or design something, but I don't really have the skills to design something, and I don't have the trust of the community or the experience to organize something.

Negative Nancy.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8734 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 20:10:15 »

What do you mean?

So just participate and join in discussions where you have something to say.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8735 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 20:12:13 »

What do you mean?

So just participate and join in discussions where you have something to say.

Looking at their post count, I'm assuming they are doing this already and they are still unfulfilled.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #8736 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 20:20:34 »

What do you mean?

Negative Nancy.

Also, weirdly enough, some members don't feel that welcoming, but that's probably just my imagination.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #8737 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 20:21:42 »
Turning 30 in just over a week.  Still have no clue what I'm going to do.  It's made worse that most of my friends are still in Seattle and most of the people I've met down here are fake as ****, offensively ultra-conservative,  and/or hyper-religious. 

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #8738 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 20:25:59 »
if this is in reference to the CB moogle kit, if you really want to run a GB, or something, do it with something small, and not major like keycaps.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #8739 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 20:27:19 »
More

What do you mean?

Negative Nancy.

Also, weirdly enough, some members don't feel that welcoming, but that's probably just my imagination.

Perhaps do something regardless of what other people will think? Just wing it, and people will probably give you direction in whatever you want to do in the future.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #8740 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 20:28:46 »
if this is in reference to the CB moogle kit, if you really want to run a GB, or something, do it with something small, and not major like keycaps.
No, this wasn't directly related to that. I can see how it would come across that way though because I posted it at like exactly the same time. I understand that to be out of my depth.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline jd29

« Reply #8741 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 20:44:38 »
Turning 30 in just over a week.  Still have no clue what I'm going to do.  It's made worse that most of my friends are still in Seattle and most of the people I've met down here are fake as ****, offensively ultra-conservative,  and/or hyper-religious.

Are you talking about Orange County?

What do you mean?

Well, this is an acquisition hobby. The vast majority of activity will be people acquiring things and sharing info/pics about the things they've acquired. It sounds like you want to make things for other people to acquire, but you say you don't have the skills. Have you made any effort to acquire the skills?

In this age, information is everywhere. Nothing is impenetrable. If you want to make a case, download a free CAD program and work through the tutorials. You'll come up with something.

Offline dutC4

« Reply #8742 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 20:50:27 »
 :blank:
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 December 2016, 15:06:37 by dutC4 »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #8743 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 20:53:49 »
More

What do you mean?

Negative Nancy.

Perhaps do something regardless of what other people will think? Just wing it, and people will probably give you direction in whatever you want to do in the future.

You do, just need to not really care about anything. I mean, it is great to be part of a community. But you don't have to do anything specific, or wild to be a part, or be recognised. Changing avatars doesn't help with not fitting in, although some people like to do it a lot, I think when you are relatively new to the forum it's best if you don't.

You will find something in due time, but at the moment, the best you can probably do is just keep posting :)

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #8744 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 21:00:04 »

What do you mean?

These are not the only ways to get involved. Just bringing your own perspective and experiance is enough! If you feel you want to go beyond just discussion, you could write reviews, or you could offer assistance to someone on their project. Maybe someone needs help sorting, or needs someone to bounce ideas off of. FWIW, you are cool with me! Not that I'm exactly a piliar of community participation myself.  :blank:
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #8745 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 21:36:29 »

You mean a British accent? Huehue

No, I mean a gangster accent. Colin Salmon, the guy who played the black Chief of Staff in Tomorrow Never Dies and TWINE, is all of a sudden a gangster in the new TV show, Limitless. Just because he's British he has to have a South London accent.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #8746 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 21:44:28 »

Fake people are the worst, especially if you've come from a small but close knit group of really good friends, I'm in that position and I find it hard to find other really genuine people when I've known my best friends for over 10 years.
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline Incredigasmic

• Orange is Love. Orange is Life.
« Reply #8747 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 21:49:42 »
Lack of time to game and be a parent :/
"If I married my 6th grade gf I'd be white trash...7th grade I'd be alright" ~ Binge

"Incredi is the foremost master of all things orange" ~ BroCaps

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #8748 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 21:53:18 »

You mean a British accent?

No, I mean a gangster accent.

It is funny how Americans have such a love/hate relationship with English accents.

On the one hand, most Americans think hear that accent and practically swoon with lust, yet if you want your villain to be the ultimate in scheming evil, use the same thing.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #8749 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 22:01:12 »
It is funny how Americans have such a love/hate relationship with English accents.

On the one hand, most Americans think hear that accent and practically swoon with lust, yet if you want your villain to be the ultimate in scheming evil, use the same thing.

The problem is that Americans think that there are only two accents. One is Benedict Cumberbatch in Sherlock. The other is Ray Winstone in everything ever.

Both are used as villains, or the former is used for a heartthrob in rom-coms. It's annoying.

Also, I don't quite know what to make of Mr. Robot... I think it's kind of terrible. But kind of OK... It's not worth the 9 it's got on IMDB. There are a hell of a lot of clichés in it, and then there's this -> https://www.reddit.com/r/4chan/comments/3r2y92/anon_figures_out_mrrobot/