Author Topic: [IC] GMK Ursa | GB has begun!  (Read 74668 times)

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
Re: [IC] GMK Ursa | CP is the New White + ISO Kit + More Novelties!
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 11:31:40 »
Finally, I moved ISO out of the base kit to properly support UK National Layout and introduced and brand new novelty, based on a famous British bear! ISO users, I'd love to hear your feedback on Paddington, I want to make sure Ursa is fit for everyone.

ISO support is in its own kit (okay so far), but the 1.25U left Shift is still in the base kit. Is there a physical form factor that requires an 1.25U Shift key, that is being supported by the base kit? (if so, it should remain there; if not, perhaps the key should be moved to the Paddington kit.)

I am an ISO->ANSI convert, and I do like that 1.25U + |\ to get all the keys I am used to when typing anything else than English (I switch between English, Spanish, Swedish, Norwegian and Spanish on a daily basis). It permits me to have the best of both worlds (ANSI and ISO) without sacrificing any keys no matter the layout. But I do understand it might be better fitting in a separate ISO kit :)

It sounds like you're actually using an ISANSI hybrid. Kudos! :-)

Offline HoodrowThrillson

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Good to see more sets donating proceeds to charity.
Regardless of amount, with the amount of members in our community, we can work together to do something greater. (sounds cliche but -shrug-)
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline NathanAlphaMan

Re: [IC] GMK Ursa | Donation Transparency | Dropping November 19th
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 07 November 2019, 14:35:29 »
Hi GeekHack,

I have just updated the OP with donation transparency information. It is summarized here:

Ursa Major: 20%
Ursa Paddington: 20%
Ursa Honey: 20%
Ursa Cub: 20%
Ursa O Horizon: 20%
Ursa Tessie: 100%

Transparency: These percentages reflect the share of my profits that will be donated to The League to Save Lake Tahoe. Each vendor will also be donating $1 per kit sold. A total donation amount will be disclosed after the completion of the group buy. Both a screenshot of my donation to The League to Save Lake Tahoe via their website and a copy of the relevant bank statement will be posted together.

Offline Pizza_on_Pineapple

« Reply #103 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 09:38:05 »
Wow, that's awesome! I'm really excited for this

Offline martensson

Re: [IC] GMK Ursa | CP is the New White + ISO Kit + More Novelties!
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 03:07:44 »
Finally, I moved ISO out of the base kit to properly support UK National Layout and introduced and brand new novelty, based on a famous British bear! ISO users, I'd love to hear your feedback on Paddington, I want to make sure Ursa is fit for everyone.

ISO support is in its own kit (okay so far), but the 1.25U left Shift is still in the base kit. Is there a physical form factor that requires an 1.25U Shift key, that is being supported by the base kit? (if so, it should remain there; if not, perhaps the key should be moved to the Paddington kit.)

I am an ISO->ANSI convert, and I do like that 1.25U + |\ to get all the keys I am used to when typing anything else than English (I switch between English, Spanish, Swedish, Norwegian and Spanish on a daily basis). It permits me to have the best of both worlds (ANSI and ISO) without sacrificing any keys no matter the layout. But I do understand it might be better fitting in a separate ISO kit :)

This reasoning is why I left it in. It also adds little cost to the base kit and serves as an extra r4 1.25U if need be

Thanks for being so thoughtful!

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #105 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 13:38:03 »
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/dv9lcf/n_e_iso_avail/

Don’t use ISO, but sorta want the Paddington cap but unsure how to best use the 4 iso enters provides? Behold.

Offline NathanAlphaMan

Re: [IC] GMK Ursa | Discord Server | One week till launch!
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 18:29:52 »
Hey folks,

Not a huge update, but I wanted to promote my new discord server. All updates will be posted there first, including giveaways and numbers!

Looking forward to seeing you all there,

- Nathan
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 November 2019, 18:45:20 by NathanAlphaMan »

Offline Neener

• Ligma
« Reply #107 on: Sun, 17 November 2019, 10:07:52 »
I'm so excited to get this set, it will be my first group buy so it'll be exciting

Offline NathanAlphaMan

« Reply #108 on: Sun, 17 November 2019, 10:50:26 »
I'm so excited to get this set, it will be my first group buy so it'll be exciting

❤️

Offline NathanAlphaMan

Re: [IC] GMK Ursa | Launches Tomorrow!
« Reply #109 on: Mon, 18 November 2019, 12:59:35 »
GB starts tomorrow!

I also have an Instagram now, make sure to follow to stay updated on giveaways and MOQ!

Offline boneandbee

Re: [IC] GMK Ursa | GB has begun!
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 08:35:17 »
This is beautiful and I LOVE the inspiration. All of the mood photos are absolutely stunning. Well done on this set.