• Gnillort?
« on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 09:22:06 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 August 2015, 08:06:54 by esoomenona »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: Alps Doubleshot Sets on MassDrop
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 09:24:39 »
I saw these. Grabbed the Olivette for whenever I have Matias switches. May grab the Dolch closer the end of the drop, though the brown looks like mud poop. Muddy poop. Poopy mud.

Is this the first time custom aftermarket caps have been made for Matias/ALPS switches?
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 July 2015, 09:39:00 by romevi »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 09:25:51 »
Oh **** yes. Definitely going to pick up caps in this buy.

Is this the first time custom caps have been made for Matias/ALPS switches?

A full aftermarket set? I think so.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 09:38:38 »
Oh **** yes. Definitely going to pick up caps in this buy.

Is this the first time custom caps have been made for Matias/ALPS switches?

A full aftermarket set? I think so.

Yeah, sorry. That's what I meant. Editededed.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 09:40:44 »
It's Tai Hao, not SP.  I believe Tai Hao uses cruciform mounts for stabilizers, so Costar style, but don't quote me.

Also, please post the link in guest mode like this: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/alps-keycaps?mode=guest_open

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 09:42:03 »
Just an FYI, there's been Alps novelties made as far back as 2011. Geekhack caps made by SP. Then recently, Badwrench had a GB for 60% modifiers.

Offline Invaderevan

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 09:46:32 »
holy MOQ batman.

WTTF Ribbits, Ashen V2 MX, Bronins

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 09:46:47 »
Man I hope that's a bad shot of dolch, cause damn that brown!  :-X

The MOQ is going to be tough to hit though, especially because they have individual color MOQs as well (probably 150-200).

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 09:48:42 »
Here's a link for those without an account: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/alps-keycaps?mode=guest_open

Man I hope that's a bad shot of dolch, cause damn that brown!  :-X

Yeah...that Dolch is looking real bad.

The MOQ is going to be tough to hit though, especially because they have individual color MOQs as well (probably 150-200).

holy MOQ batman.

Guess it's time to order like 5 sets each right? :P

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 09:51:19 »
done deal. thanks for sharing.
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 09:53:55 »

At least the price is right! The issue is that many of the vintage Alps boards you would put this on are 1.5x not 1.25x  :(

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 09:54:27 »
these would work on a filco zero, right? if so, i'll pick up like 3-4 sets.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 09:56:48 »
these would work on a filco zero, right? if so, i'll pick up like 3-4 sets.

Yup, that's where mine are going.

At least the price is right! The issue is that many of the vintage Alps boards you would put this on are 1.5x not 1.25x  :(

True. But maybe you're into a KBTalking V60, V80, Infinity, or some of the custom boards that have PCBs that support Alps.

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 10:06:38 »
I found a couple better pictures of Tao Hao Dolch and it doesn't look near as bad as the picture they used.

I think they need to invest in some color calibration gear.

True. But maybe you're into a KBTalking V60, V80, Infinity, or some of the custom boards that have PCBs that support Alps.

I guess I'll just have to go full custom when I finally get my CNC put together!

Either way, I'm in for one of each at this point.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 10:19:14 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 August 2015, 08:05:52 by esoomenona »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 10:21:39 »
It's Tai Hao, not SP.  I believe Tai Hao uses cruciform mounts for stabilizers, so Costar style, but don't quote me.

I'd like to know myself what the stabilizers are like. Either way, it's fine. If it's the square hole, get some Matias or use some from vintage boards. If it's the Costar style, get the Matias set for the wires and inserts from WASDKeyboards. Bang Bang.

Offline getf

• In Rod We Trust
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 12:04:27 »
Sad to see the MOQ was not a typo :I

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 12:09:56 »
MOQ was 1000 or 500 for the first Tai Hap buy on here.  What really sucks is the retail pricing.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 17:58:15 »
It hurts to buy an OEM profile :( but I need this for my filco...
Gonna join now...
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 22:00:07 »
The only boards this would fit 100% are potentially (depending on stabilizer choice):

KBParadise V60 and V80
Filco Zero and the legendary full-size equivalents thereof
Ducky 1008/1087XM

It has the wrong lock key for an AT101W, and the wrong bottom row for most vintage ALPS boards and new Matias boards.

From what I've heard on Deskthority, the original caps on many vintage  boards like the Focus 2001 were a Tai Hao product, so you know exactly what you're getting from that.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 27 July 2015, 23:04:25 »
They just look so thin...

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 03:12:56 »

They are just like standard Tai Hao MX keycaps, only with an Alps stem.  They are reasonably strong - I just squeezed a Tai Hao black Esc on the keyboard next to me.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 04:57:17 »
dante had a thread about these last year. He posted pics of them fitting a V60 MTS.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=66609.0 
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 06:17:04 »
The only boards this would fit 100% are potentially (depending on stabilizer choice):

KBParadise V60 and V80
Filco Zero and the legendary full-size equivalents thereof
Ducky 1008/1087XM

It has the wrong lock key for an AT101W, and the wrong bottom row for most vintage ALPS boards and new Matias boards.

From what I've heard on Deskthority, the original caps on many vintage  boards like the Focus 2001 were a Tai Hao product, so you know exactly what you're getting from that.

Infinity
Duck mini v1
Duck mini v2
Leeku 1800/3000
I think there's a bunch of LZ boards that have PCBs that can have both Alps and MX.

I love that the first full set of Alps caps come out and people complain. Focus 2001 caps were fine and so are SP DCS. This **** is exactly why there aren't more options for aftermarket Alps caps.

Stabilizers? Use the Matias ones or Matias wires with Costar inserts from WASD like I mentioned before

So wait. Sp dcs is about the same thickness of tai Hao. You were badwrench's hype man on his buy. Can you please explain how this is different? I'm curious to hear what you have to say.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 July 2015, 06:19:24 by CPTBadAss »

Offline XMIT

• formerly jsoltren
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 09:27:57 »
Oh how I wish these were PBT doubleshots. Still, these would go nicely on my V60 MTS and V80 MTS. Count me in for two sets.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 10:33:08 »
For 20 bucks, it's pretty hard to pass up on the first full Alps sets to come out.  Even if I can't use all the keys on my board, or I have to wait until I build a custom board for them, this is still a great step forward for Alps sets. 

It seems we've all been spoiled by the MX buys of the last year or so.  Does no one remember having to "settle" for thin ABS from SP, with minimal compatibility?  This is the first step for Alps, we can't expect full on GMK sets.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 11:13:31 »
I love that the first full set of Alps caps come out and people complain. Focus 2001 caps were fine and so are SP DCS. This **** is exactly why there aren't more options for aftermarket Alps caps.

So wait. Sp dcs is about the same thickness of tai Hao. You were badwrench's hype man on his buy. Can you please explain how this is different? I'm curious to hear what you have to say.

For 20 bucks, it's pretty hard to pass up on the first full Alps sets to come out.  Even if I can't use all the keys on my board, or I have to wait until I build a custom board for them, this is still a great step forward for Alps sets. 

It seems we've all been spoiled by the MX buys of the last year or so.  Does no one remember having to "settle" for thin ABS from SP, with minimal compatibility?  This is the first step for Alps, we can't expect full on GMK sets.

I just realized who I am...

Honestly, not long after posting that I pulled out an SP DCS cap and compared it, then realized I was kind of being a jerk. I think I was speaking out of prejudice because I've not been happy with Massdrop lately. I just need to get over it. I don't have to like or agree with everyone I do business with, especially when we're talking about $20 transactions. That, and probably the fact that I'm newer to the scene and wasn't around for the early days of MX keycap buys, like Hoff mentioned.

So I'm sorry for being "that guy." I generally make it a point to not be negative, particularly online where posts are permanent and context is usually limited.

I'm going to rethink this one for a few days, maybe I'll get in on it after all, if for no other reason than to help the buy tip.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline trustinkiss

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 12:34:40 »
In case this drop doesn't actually drop, are these keys actually possible to get at all from a retailer like on Aliexpress or Taobao?

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 28 July 2015, 12:56:23 »
I am really tempted to get this, but I know in my heart of hearts that it won't play nice with my AT101W.  And that is the Alps board I really care about.

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 19:15:10 »
Actually, I'd expect you'd actually get almost perfect coverage of an AT101W, if it uses ALPS-type stabilizers.  Tai-Hao DID make caps with ALPS style stabilizers in the past; can't speak for these.

The one dodgy bit is the lock key stem... you'd have to grind one down and glue on one salvaged from, say, a spare unusable AEKII top-row cap. :)
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 21:08:17 »
In case this drop doesn't actually drop, are these keys actually possible to get at all from a retailer like on Aliexpress or Taobao?

No. The caps won't be produced unless Massdrop meets a minimum order quantity.

My boards:
More

Offline JimByr

• ...old guy...
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 22:51:14 »
Two days left and the MOQ has been dropped to 200. If you are on the fence, get your order in so this can happen.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 23:15:52 »
I was hoping that this would go through and succeed. However, after the mess that I saw with GMK TA I decided to pull out and boycott all Massdrop products for the time being.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 23:16:46 »
Two days left and the MOQ has been dropped to 200. If you are on the fence, get your order in so this can happen.

Comments say it was lowered because KBParadise bought 300 sets.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 23:19:39 »

Comments say it was lowered because KBParadise bought 300 sets.

I'm not sure why they didn't just add 300 to the existing MOQ. The way they do certain things is so confusing.

My boards:
More

Offline Mattr567

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 00:19:59 »
Can someone (or a mod) update the title, as said earlier the MOQ has been dropped to 200, 28 to go.
Wang 725-3770 SKCM Brown, 1995
Zenith 163-73 - SKCM Blue, 1990
KBP V60 MTS - SKCM Amber w/ Canon HiPros
IBM P77, SKCC Green, 1984
IBM P70 - Alps Plate Spring, 1989
Compaq MX 11800, MX Black, 1997

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 00:38:55 »
Is this MOQ for each colour, or total?

The description does say "there is a high MOQ per color option for this drop", however if it is per colour, then with 200 needed and 143 (currently) ordered, not everyone will have purchased the same colour.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 00:43:15 »

The description does say "there is a high MOQ per color option for this drop", however if it is per colour, then with 200 needed and 143 (currently) ordered, not everyone will have purchased the same colour.

I was wondering this myself.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Mattr567

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 02:35:35 »

I was wondering this myself.

Hmm, from Alex's comment it seems this isnt a issue, we need an update. ill ask.
Wang 725-3770 SKCM Brown, 1995
Zenith 163-73 - SKCM Blue, 1990
KBP V60 MTS - SKCM Amber w/ Canon HiPros
IBM P77, SKCC Green, 1984
IBM P70 - Alps Plate Spring, 1989
Compaq MX 11800, MX Black, 1997

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 10:05:23 »
I seem to remember reading that Massdrop was going to buy up the difference for individual color MOQs, but I don't remember where that was written.

My boards:
More

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 10:09:39 »
Don't have an Alps board yet, going to go ahead and grab a set though for when I do have one. Who knows if I will be able to find alps caps later lol.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 August 2015, 10:21:33 by nickheller »

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 10:14:12 »
Looks like it just hit 200.

My boards:
More

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 10:16:44 »
Okay, I broke down and bought in. I wasn't going to, because Massdrop, but I guess I need these.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 10:17:36 »
I just placed my order today.  :thumb:  Unfortunately I still don't really have many Alps boards so I couldn't justify getting all three, but I did get one.  :D

Okay, I broke down and bought in. I wasn't going to, because Massdrop, but I guess I need these.

Can't pass these up, JD!  :P

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 10:17:56 »
KBParadise really saved this drop.

I still stand by my comments on MD that they really need to figure out their community engagement and marketing.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 10:20:00 »
Now I really want to buy a Matias V60 to use these with.

I would love to get a different color than black, but the windows legends look pretty crap on the other colors.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 August 2015, 10:27:09 by nickheller »

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 10:26:27 »

That was me at first, too. I held off for a while but with Alps it's pretty much put up or shut up. At least for now.

Now I really want to buy a Matias V60 to use these with.

I started with an Olivetti and a Dolch. Skipped the blacks because they're so normal. But my Infinity 60% with Matias Quiet Pro's has a 6U spacebar, and the only one I have that fits is the black DSA spacebar that I ordered with it. So I added the black set so that I can use it along with one of Badwrench's Infinity modifier kits. It's not the same profile or material (PBT instead of ABS), but at least it's the same color.

My boards:
More

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 11:00:22 »
KBParadise really saved this drop.

I still stand by my comments on MD that they really need to figure out their community engagement and marketing.
Agreed. The way they do stuff is insanely confusing

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 11:10:29 »
It really shouldn't be that hard either. Throw a couple shekels at a "Community Ambassador" to just bridge the gap. Create IC and GB threads, build some hype, and bring some goddamn goodwill!

Instead it feels like MD is just there to be the middle man and soak up as much as they can.

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 11:36:35 »
I went ahead and jumped in on the KBParadise's V60 Matias Mini Drop as my little "thanks" to them for saving this drop.

I can't wait to hear my wife when she sees yet another keyboard show up at the door...