Author Topic: filco camo alignment trouble  (Read 2891 times)

Offline leotnnz

filco camo alignment trouble
« on: Fri, 07 October 2011, 20:08:22 »
hi,

i just got my filco camo. i love the case. but it seems it is not alignment properly. plz see the pics in my thread http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?22680-Filco-Camo-build-quality-prob. reaper also reports the same condition as me. it makes hard to insert the puller to pull out the key cap.

thx.

Offline Gin

« Reply #1 on: Sun, 09 October 2011, 21:41:09 »
My Filco is a bit unaligned. But not as crooked as your arrow. I don't know if anyone else shares my mentality. But some certain flaws on my belongings kind of make them unique to me. I understand that you want a more perfect keyboard, though.

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 10 October 2011, 17:54:37 »
I don't really care that mine is off a little bit either. I'm good as long as everything works.

Offline Bruce

• http://www.keyboardco.com
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 11 October 2011, 12:42:09 »
Hi Leotnnz

Sorry to hear about this.
I hate to say it but on close inspection you do tend to find a little alignment variance on all makes.
If anyone has a real bad one I'd replace it but if they work OK it has to be regarded as cosmetic.
It is hard to tell until you try and get a key tool in there, and even when they are straight it is a tight fit. We had a little chat about it on GH a year or so back and it has improved since then. We've never seen one that was touching or impairing usage. It is a tricky thing when we are talking about less than a mm.

Offline leotnnz

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 18 October 2011, 18:40:32 »
thx for reply, bruce.

i have several filco kbs. and i love them. this is my first time i found it when i pulled out key caps, since some trick is needed. i am not a picky guy. i know what ping prob is, but i never treated it as a trouble. if i do not have any other filco kbs, i won't think it is a built prob. as you see from some member's pics, it is easy to figure it out by eyes. i just measure my kb, it is a little over 1mm shift to the right side within 20mm frame width. i could use the filco wire puller to pull it out, but never pull it out with that plastic IOI shape puller which i never have prob with to pull out a key cap before.

btw, i love the camo paint. it is fantastic.