Author Topic: Keyboard Confessions - Post your keyboard confessions!  (Read 151482 times)

Offline Anastasia

Re: Keyboard Confessions - Post your keyboard confessions!
« Reply #300 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 00:10:13 »
I like placing uncapped bottles of liquid near my keyboards. The adrenaline rush omg. I'm a daredevil.  :cool:

Offline Corsa1r

« Reply #301 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 01:43:45 »
I like placing uncapped bottles of liquid near my keyboards. The adrenaline rush omg. I'm a daredevil.  :cool:

Get help! 
Ducky Shine 4 - Mx Blues // Ganss G.S-87 - Mx Browns // Type-S HHKB 45g // FC660M - Mx Reds

Offline Weltschmerz

« Reply #302 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 03:23:18 »
i once bought an overpriced sharp x68000 keyboard because i noticed it's the same one they use in the lab in steins;gate.

no other reason at all.

Hey man, I have steins;gate, on blu ray. Haven't watched it, cause when I tried my stoner roomate was not into it, and I was probably too high to pay attention. Worth watching?

Offline Weltschmerz

« Reply #303 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 03:32:12 »
This might be more of a "keyboard sin" that I will no doubt be crucified for... but for my first keyboard (GoN, don't hate me, wanted to get something that doesn't look like **** like all the mainstream mechs) I didn't listen to the nice people here at Geekhack and bought OEM keycaps. If that isn't bad enough, the capslock is center stemmed, and my keyboard is left stemmed, like for a stepped capslock. It's been on there, very obviously off-center for the entire time I've had it. Lucky for me, I have the GMK purple mods right next to me, and am waiting on alphas from imsto. Soon, I will have a cherry profile keyboard that doesn't look terrible. Oh also my GoN has LEDS. (wouldn't get them again, or at least in a way more neutral color)  :eek:

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #304 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 05:22:02 »
I give 0 dam's about getting my board dirty. I will gladly eat cheetos or a burger and continue typing on my board without wiping my keyboard. However I do clean my board once a week.

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #305 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 05:43:08 »
i once bought an overpriced sharp x68000 keyboard because i noticed it's the same one they use in the lab in steins;gate.

no other reason at all.

Hey man, I have steins;gate, on blu ray. Haven't watched it, cause when I tried my stoner roomate was not into it, and I was probably too high to pay attention. Worth watching?

definitely

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #306 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 08:12:59 »
for my first keyboard (GoN, don't hate me, wanted to get something that doesn't look like **** like all the mainstream mechs)

Why would anyone hate you for buying a GON?  Or is the capitalization you chose (GoN) intentional, and this a different type of board that I'm not aware of?  O.o

GON boards are great...

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #307 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 19:36:12 »
for my first keyboard (GoN, don't hate me, wanted to get something that doesn't look like **** like all the mainstream mechs)

Why would anyone hate you for buying a GON?  Or is the capitalization you chose (GoN) intentional, and this a different type of board that I'm not aware of?  O.o

GON boards are great...

maybe because its a first board? there are some people out there that get annoyed when people go straight into the deep end because they feel that you have to work you're way there to appreciate the difference

i personally couldn't care less what people buy for their first board

Offline Malenky

« Reply #308 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 19:45:05 »

GON boards are great...

maybe because its a first board? there are some people out there that get annoyed when people go straight into the deep end because they feel that you have to work you're way there to appreciate the difference

I am actually jealous of the people that go straight to a great board.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #309 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 16:05:36 »

GON boards are great...

like the hhkb. only not jealous, but proud they've made the right choice.

anyway, binge caps are the reason why im buying an mx board. i need them keyngs and Skullthulus in my life.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #310 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 16:11:31 »

GON boards are great...

But why?

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #311 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 17:17:45 »

GON boards are great...

But why?

They have the money to go straight for the end-game in a hobby they just started. Sort of like an 18 year old buying a Porsche for his first car, but to a lesser extent.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #312 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 17:53:04 »

GON boards are great...

But why?

They have the money to go straight for the end-game in a hobby they just started. Sort of like an 18 year old buying a Porsche for his first car, but to a lesser extent.
Oh whoops, I should have elaborated. My question was directed at Malenky about him or her being jealous of this sort of thing. I'm respectfully jealous of this sort of thing regardless of how experienced a person is with the items. I just hope that 18 old with a Porsche is responsible  :eek:

Offline Weltschmerz

« Reply #313 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 23:06:02 »

GON boards are great...

Okay I just totally screwed up on the capitalization XD oops

Offline jaffers

« Reply #314 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 02:15:37 »
This was my keyboard once

Offline rm-rf

« Reply #315 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 02:16:52 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Offline Weltschmerz

« Reply #316 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 06:39:46 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

so uh... how did that feel? My brain is hurting trying to come up with some gorey hyperbole for your fingertips but I'm too focused on having my eyes burnt out by the mixed profiles...

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
« Reply #317 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 06:55:36 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Black keys are DSA, Escape is Row 3 SA? And alphas/F-keys are OEM? At a glance, it looks nice, but paying attention to it makes you go... huh

Only reason I have a board with mixed profiles is because I haven't taken off the HiPro sliders off the numpad side of my 104ug. I have housings/sliders for standard topre for it, but haven't taken the board apart since I made my 87ug. But at least its a separate part of the board.

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #318 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 08:33:24 »
To mix materials and profiles is not a sin...Ups, is this a confession or an heresy?

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #319 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 08:34:12 »
To mix materials and profiles is not a sin...Ups, is this a confession or an heresy?

Seems like a confession to heresy to me.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #320 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 08:35:49 »

GON boards are great...

But why?

a GON is more like a reasonably priced Audi
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #321 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 08:39:43 »

GON boards are great...

But why?

I like this comparison, GON PCBs make a great platform for a good quality custom and you can keep your investment low if you mix them with alternate cases instead of going for the GONs originals that tend to be a bit overpriced.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #322 on: Wed, 02 March 2016, 08:40:08 »

GON boards are great...

But why?

And skidata like a Koenigsegg Regera. :)

Offline axtran

« Reply #323 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 17:12:35 »
Is it just me, or is it really nice to have a shiny GMK set, when you know the shine is the work of your intense typing?
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #324 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 18:02:03 »
I found my old The Virtually Indestructible Keyboard by Grandtec.. I got excited because I haven't seen it since 2004 so I plugged it in to try it. It doesn't work  :'(

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #325 on: Fri, 04 March 2016, 16:54:39 »
I think may my customkb never done i destroyed my two controller lool :'(
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #326 on: Fri, 04 March 2016, 18:58:20 »
The aluminum case group buy was the thing that convinced me to buy a Poker 2, at the time I thought aluminum case is the coolest thing and it's like poor man's Korean customs.

So I actually bought the case first and had to wait a few weeks until my Poker 2 arrives LOL.

Then after I proceed to buy custom braided cable, modded the board with LED lights, bought custom keycaps for it, only to realize I still don't like anything smaller than full size keyboard (also don't like non-standard layout for muscle memory reasons).

So my Poker 2 just look good in pictures but it's my least used board.

:(

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #327 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 03:07:49 »
I thought aluminum case is the coolest thing and it's like poor man's Korean customs.

So true

Offline ctm

• Hello, world!
« Reply #328 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 21:30:15 »
I once accidentally poured frosted flakes over my Alps64. It took me a long time to clean it. After that, I always keep my cereal away from my keyboard.
TMK Alps64 w/ Matias Quiet Switches in KBP V60 case.
Infinity60 with SKCM Orange Switches w/ TMK.
CM Storm QRF w/ Frosty Flake controller, Cherry MX Blue Switches and TMK firmware.

Coming:
Ellipse Model F F62.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #329 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 22:09:29 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:54:55 by alienman82 »

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #330 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 22:11:58 »
I broke my jelly pom spacebar the day I got it ;-;

that sucks.  were the stems too tight or something?

ALIENHULK SMASH SPACEBAR.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #331 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 22:26:17 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:54:52 by alienman82 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #332 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 22:30:28 »
I've got at least a half dozen brand new keysets I've never checked to make sure they are complete. I'm not even sure where some of them are. :-\

Offline Otesanek

« Reply #333 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 23:39:17 »
I've got at least a half dozen brand new keysets I've never checked to make sure they are complete. I'm not even sure where some of them are. :-\

But.... why? :blank:

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #334 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 02:39:53 »

GON boards are great...

But why?

And skidata like a Koenigsegg Regera. :)
Nah man the Skidata is still just Cherry MX, that's like saying that the Koenigsegg uses a Peugeot engine :P .

Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Fiery

• Click Clack Clock and a nice Thock
« Reply #335 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 03:50:03 »
Okey here goes. I live in Norway and I ended up spending 2000 NOK (235 USD) on my White Pok3r after shipping and tax. I love the keyboard, but it cost me way too much and it also took 2 months for it to arrive. What I learned is that I won't buy anything from Corus directly again. I still haven't gotten the extra keycaps I ordered from them. I haven't told anyone that it cost me this much either

I like MX clears and greens (I thought I liked browns before I went back to my greens and then to browns again)

I bought greens on my first mechanical keyboard because not alot of people have them and I wanted to be special...

Last confession for now. I spend too much time on geekhack in class. (I'm in class as I'm typing this)
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 March 2016, 03:54:11 by Fiery »
TP4 fanboy

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #336 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 04:01:37 »
Okey here goes. I live in Norway and I ended up spending 2000 NOK (235 USD) on my White Pok3r after shipping and tax. I love the keyboard, but it cost me way too much and it also took 2 months for it to arrive. What I learned is that I won't buy anything from Corus directly again. I still haven't gotten the extra keycaps I ordered from them. I haven't told anyone that it cost me this much either

I like MX clears and greens (I thought I liked browns before I went back to my greens and then to browns again)

I bought greens on my first mechanical keyboard because not alot of people have them and I wanted to be special...

Last confession for now. I spend too much time on geekhack in class. (I'm in class as I'm typing this)

nothing wrong with a little procrastination ;)

Offline Fiery

• Click Clack Clock and a nice Thock
« Reply #337 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 04:09:23 »
well I do it mostly due to feeling unable to learn anything from one of my current teachers or as an alternative to falling asleep on a long day. I have started to teach myself in two of my subjects as I learn nothing from his monotonous jabbering. I have given him more than a fair chance, but I have concluded that self study is the way to go if I want to pass, or not spend all my free time catching up. But I end up just wasting time on here...
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 March 2016, 04:12:28 by Fiery »
TP4 fanboy

Offline theoriginal123123

« Reply #338 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 04:37:34 »

Man, I feel like I dodged a bullet with Corus. My Pok3r came in with no problems, and they were super quick to send me a replacement key when it came with two H keys. Everyone else seems to have issues with them...

Offline ResonantPixel

« Reply #339 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 06:16:25 »
I have been a member of this forum for 2+ years (other account) and I still dont have a mechanical keyboard : l, currently in early stages of building, so soon I shall be liberated from the discomfort of crappy keyboards!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #340 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 07:17:49 »
I have been a member of this forum for 2+ years (other account) and I still dont have a mechanical keyboard : l, currently in early stages of building, so soon I shall be liberated from the discomfort of crappy keyboards!

This is a revelation more than a confession, you have been liberated brother.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #341 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 08:14:35 »
I have at least 70 keyboards with switch types and layouts that I don't use.

I only use 3 regularly.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Rhedone

« Reply #342 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 06:47:07 »
I have at least 70 keyboards with switch types and layouts that I don't use.

I only use 3 regularly.
70? Holy  f... Maybe start a museum?

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
Keyboard Confessions - Post your keyboard confessions!
« Reply #343 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 18:27:45 »
So far I enjoy typing more on my stock HHKB than my Duck Viper or GON.....
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 March 2016, 18:59:21 by swimmingbird »

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #344 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 18:56:27 »
So far I enjoy typing on my stock HHKB than my Duck Viper or GON.....

how dare you >:(

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #345 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 18:58:30 »
So far I enjoy typing on my stock HHKB than my Duck Viper or GON.....

how dare you >:(

How dare he not
I feel the same way about my hhkb

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #346 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 19:01:04 »
I have more azerty keysets than keyboards to put them on.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #347 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 19:03:02 »
I have more azerty keysets than keyboards to put them on.

Is this why you're titled as the Azerty god?

Offline Mattr567

« Reply #348 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 22:06:18 »
I have damaged my V60 MTS PCB beyond repair.

Old pic but since more wiring has been added to keep it going. RIP through holes. Im not bad at soldering by any means but the ****ing non lead base solder doesnt melt for **** so I ended up ripping out a TON of through holes. Didnt realize until it was too late.

Wiring saved it expect for the Win keys. Before I add resistors for the LEDs I am going to get a replacement straight from KBP.

Secondly I accidentally melted my SGI Granite case a bit with a solder iron. ;( Sanded it down and it isnt that bad but sucks nonetheless.

Wang 725-3770 SKCM Brown, 1995
Zenith 163-73 - SKCM Blue, 1990
KBP V60 MTS - SKCM Amber w/ Canon HiPros
IBM P77, SKCC Green, 1984
IBM P70 - Alps Plate Spring, 1989
Compaq MX 11800, MX Black, 1997

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #349 on: Sat, 12 March 2016, 22:08:21 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:52:25 by alienman82 »