Author Topic: An Update For You  (Read 33870 times)

Offline ika

Re: An Update For You
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 02:29:26 »
If I could just put in a suggestion for the gamer sets, since Overwatch is a thing now, I would like to see gamer sets include all of qwerasdf. I recognize this probably decreases the chances of me getting one due to the increased production requirements, but I think it's worth putting out there.

cmon man, we've been over this. solution is to get 4 gamer sets. :D
Been trying my damndest, can't even get one :(

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 04:40:40 »
Excited to hear that people will get a chance at the v2 again. It's a beautiful design.

The classic reaper isn't that bad on Topre boards, but it does tower over anything Cherry profile. It truly towers over Grumpkins, Lycans, Rustlers, etc. when placed next to them.

Ribbit v1 was intoxicatingly cute. v2 had a kid's bath toy feel to it.

I truly, madly and deeply wish the Bro logo caps were available.

Show Image

Each time I see it, I keep thinking one cap can mean so much. Craftsmanship, imagination brought to life, camaraderie, community ... Bro-ship :D

I am definitely looking to actually do a run of the bro fist caps eventually. I had plans to do them quite a bit ago, but some other things came up. Stay tuned :)

Offline jaffers

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 05:32:13 »
I find the main issue with your caps is not the quality but the size. They are very big and as someone (like most people here I'd assume) who uses cherry profile, they stand out a lot. The brobot would be perfect in my opinion if it was the same size as cherry profile caps.

And as far as design and art work go, I think the simple designs are the best. i.e. Brobot and clack are extremely popular because they are A E S T H E T I Cally pleasing and simple.

Great to hear that you are taking in community feedback :D

Offline Jedi

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 06:52:57 »
Won my first BS with the 420 sale and can't say enuff. Bro and Ctrlalt are the shizness. All in and excited for what's to come. Sriusly, can't have enuff bro, it's why we're in therapy. 

Offline graefeln

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 07:09:04 »
I am definitely looking to actually do a run of the bro fist caps eventually. I had plans to do them quite a bit ago, but some other things came up. Stay tuned :)

Super looking forward to this - hoping for maybe a 'set' (left/right fist) to surround my number row!
Always been a fan of the quality of your work, even if not the design - but the fist really seems to be a cap I can get behind. I like the 'simple' designs and am happy to see you talking about going back towards that direction; as much as I like the look of my lycan, I just can't get behind the feel of it.
Of your newest designs, the Stump II looks like something I may want though...

Offline terminallytrill

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 20:30:50 »
I've been waiting on my 420 shipment.. I'm happy to wait with this reasoning. I like the idea of going back to more simple designs. I really like my reaper v2s and cherokeys but I'm excited to see some designs that are more low-key.

Offline Otesanek

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 21:46:21 »
I read it again and still can't find anything on the new egg-face caps  :eek:

I'm sure I just overlooked it.

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 28 May 2016, 08:16:25 »
Going back to the less is more saying. I personally don't think theres anything you need to change or improve in on the gamer caps. Its just a tactile keycap to have ur fingers know ur on which ever key you place it. I hope these go avaliable soon just as a store item and not a sale or raffle. Also, ribbit 1 is great as is just like all ur designs. You don't always need to change and make new. The orginal stuff is why we are here in the first place

Most importantly im sure we are all most excited about the v2 coming back.

Offline Sissy

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 28 May 2016, 08:37:10 »
More brobots always welcome on my board. Lucky enough to get one and love their design
Always great to see the new colors and designs you come up with

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 28 May 2016, 13:15:27 »
so classic reaper is finally getting that much needed circumcision? I'm down  :thumb:

You disgust me
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 18:07:55 »
Bro, I love all of your designs. Some more than others, but they're all great. I'm definitely very happy to see the Bro Bot coming back, as I think everyone is.

I completely understand the longer ship times, but do you have an idea when the 420 sale will finish shipping?

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 22:38:58 »
I absolutely love the design of the Reaper Classic, if the height issue is fixed and it sits at the same height as stock Topre caps they'd give the v1 a run for its money IMO. Excited to see the v2 redesign!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 05:32:49 »
I absolutely love the design of the Reaper Classic, if the height issue is fixed and it sits at the same height as stock Topre caps they'd give the v1 a run for its money IMO. Excited to see the v2 redesign!

Nothing wrong with the height.

You must not be using a buckling spring keyboard :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 15:35:58 »

What is your daily driver rowdy?

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 18:12:09 »
Thanks for the updates Bro. It's nice to at least see into someone's artistic process and what it takes/what the thought is going forward on developing more caps. :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 21:43:46 »

What is your daily driver rowdy?

At work CODE TKL with MX clears.

At home currently NEC APC-H4100E, but usually alternating between HHKB Pro 2 during the week and SSK at weekends.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 21:57:05 »
I HAVE BEEN UPDATED

TY
I love Elzy

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 22:06:41 »

Offline mrlooolz

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 30 May 2016, 23:32:10 »
If I could just put in a suggestion for the gamer sets, since Overwatch is a thing now, I would like to see gamer sets include all of qwerasdf. I recognize this probably decreases the chances of me getting one due to the increased production requirements, but I think it's worth putting out there.

I agree with the QWERASDF, plus there won't be the need to have two different sets.

I don't think this should be a thing.

Then you'll have ppl like me that only play one type of game paying for keys we don't need which just gives Bro extra work.
Unless everyone here plays both types - .-
I just used a moba set as wasd.  It felt a bit off but now is okay.
Ducky Shine 5 w Mx Browns  | White fox w Zelio's purple 67g | Gateron Blank set

Current Aims: Jack O Lantern is my end game cap. Looking for one.
                                                   --> MrLooolz's Classified. <--

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 01:57:02 »
DSA gamer set that matches Deep Space maybe? :rolleyes:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline RELLIK

• WTB Bro Power Core WASD Set...Still...
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 04:14:58 »
Nice to hear V2 will be back, design is just solid. I'm really fond of the Classic Reaper compared to the other incarnations. No lower jaw nestled in its hooded cove. My nostalgia levels for Shadowgate shoots way out.  :)

As for gamer sets, I'm personally more into WASD+1 (esc, del/ins, etc.). If anybody wants a gamer for arrow keys well, WASD cluster should be fine (albeit different row profile is not a biggy). MOBA sets though, I dont really see the point personally. They require more caps, getting lost between number+QWERTY is pretty hard, each key having the same texture IMO doesnt really aid spell selection (MOBAs=right time, right spell) also spells have cooldowns (no real need for rapid firew/grip) :S
If only G20's were more prevalent keys could be made with the same profile and just sell them per single :D
Just my 2 cents, but keep on doin you man  :thumb:

KUL-87        FC660M       Filco MJ2

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 18:34:58 »
do you have an idea when the 420 sale will finish shipping?

Looking to hopefully have all shipping completed this week. Will update if that changes :)

Offline IMBoddy

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 18:47:58 »
Nice to hear V2 will be back, design is just solid. I'm really fond of the Classic Reaper compared to the other incarnations. No lower jaw nestled in its hooded cove. My nostalgia levels for Shadowgate shoots way out.  :)

As for gamer sets, I'm personally more into WASD+1 (esc, del/ins, etc.). If anybody wants a gamer for arrow keys well, WASD cluster should be fine (albeit different row profile is not a biggy). MOBA sets though, I dont really see the point personally. They require more caps, getting lost between number+QWERTY is pretty hard, each key having the same texture IMO doesnt really aid spell selection (MOBAs=right time, right spell) also spells have cooldowns (no real need for rapid firew/grip) :S
If only G20's were more prevalent keys could be made with the same profile and just sell them per single :D
Just my 2 cents, but keep on doin you man  :thumb:

I could see how it could get easy to get lost. I like having 2 different sets of Gamers Keys, personally I have the QWERkeys QWER Set that has a rougher texture than the rest of my keys and the Corsair Curved profile for ASD. Having both makes them pretty easy to find. For the Brocaps WASD I like them a lot for the texture but would love an OEM profile with the same curved profile as the Corsair set.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 31 May 2016, 19:28:09 »

Looking to hopefully have all shipping completed this week. Will update if that changes :)

Awesome. Thanks for letting me know Bro. I cant wait to see them!

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 01:26:02 »

Awesome. Thanks for letting me know Bro. I cant wait to see them!

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 20:41:53 »
Amazing post bro, thanks for the update - and looking forward to what you have next in store. I always am truly impressed with the quality and effort that goes into your work - and I've seen that first hand with your strive for perfection with our work together with the TMX, you won't settle for anything less.
 :-*
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline kingslenkds

• www.hammerclub.org
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 04:45:31 »

Said, well , I would have been concerned about and support it, Mr. BRO Death I have received , very beautiful. I want to have more to suggest to you, just now thinking a little messy , so I collated suggestions it again !
Often make the chests are wei spark, the world only intensity (life is alive, waiting to die)

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 05:36:39 »

Said, well , I would have been concerned about and support it, Mr. BRO Death I have received , very beautiful. I want to have more to suggest to you, just now thinking a little messy , so I collated suggestions it again !

ty mr bro death

Offline braidn

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 08:35:06 »
Thanks for the update Bro! I say do what makes yah happy. I have really enjoyed the past Brobot V2 sales (Classic Reaper included) but, also love that sculpt so dearly. Here is to whatever comes next; Brobot or not, it will be amazing.

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 09:19:40 »

ty mr bro death

No he means mr. bro make death. he also make foxconn worker.  also works are including bone pirate and facetree.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 09:47:20 »

ty mr bro death

Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline snapdarty

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 17:12:43 »
I love the gamer keys and totally support the QWER+ASDF format. That's what I'm shooting for with my reapers n gamers WASD + 420 gamer caps when the latter arrive. One thing I think could be cool for the gamer sets is a "homing" key in the R2/R3 profile with a different texture. This could be useful for differentiating special functions in game, such as ultimates in Overwatch or MOBAs. I'd really love a scooped Q for my ultimate in Overwatch just for a bit of physical differentiation from the other keys. Keep up the good work, Bro. I look forward to more GAMERZ in the future.

Offline kingslenkds

• www.hammerclub.org
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 03 June 2016, 09:12:55 »

ty mr bro death
Good embarrassment
Often make the chests are wei spark, the world only intensity (life is alive, waiting to die)

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 04 June 2016, 10:00:19 »
Def would like to see BBv2 again! Bring reaper v1 too please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline DukeMugen

• +1
« Reply #84 on: Sun, 05 June 2016, 22:46:25 »
TMX full gamer set (qwerasdf) YES PLEASE!  ;D
let me check my wallet.

Offline cmd

« Reply #85 on: Mon, 06 June 2016, 14:12:56 »
<3 you and love your caps! I am pleased to say that I think the reaper v1 is by far my favorite. idk what it is, but its a thing of beauty and I am not even into skulls and stuff. Also have a deep love for Gamer or MOBA sets, I hope these end up staying...

Offline shinz0

• i was told there would be cake
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 07 June 2016, 22:26:25 »
The only Bro I have is a Reaper Classic. I actually don't mind having the taller key. For some reason, I find myself resting a finger on the taller key (almost as if it were a little finger throne) when i'm just browsing around. Aesthetically, the tallness of it kind of takes away from the board as a whole, but the dual functionality of having a taller escape key gives me the finger resting seat and quicker access to the escape key when I need it.

I'm a big fan of the BBv2's. Its clean lines and strong design has won me over and it's an absolute must have for me at this point. As an enthusiast who has gotten in the game late, it's been really difficult trying to get any BroBots without giving up anything less than my first born. I'm terribly excited at the future opportunity to finally score a BB from Bro himself.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 05:42:31 »
The only Bro I have is a Reaper Classic. I actually don't mind having the taller key. For some reason, I find myself resting a finger on the taller key (almost as if it were a little finger throne) when i'm just browsing around. Aesthetically, the tallness of it kind of takes away from the board as a whole, but the dual functionality of having a taller escape key gives me the finger resting seat and quicker access to the escape key when I need it.

I'm a big fan of the BBv2's. Its clean lines and strong design has won me over and it's an absolute must have for me at this point. As an enthusiast who has gotten in the game late, it's been really difficult trying to get any BroBots without giving up anything less than my first born. I'm terribly excited at the future opportunity to finally score a BB from Bro himself.

Hang in there - there are competitions from time to time with a chance of winning one.  On rare occasions someone might do a giveaway.  They do turn up in classifieds sometimes, although don't last long.  And if you've got a bottomless wallet you can always look on eBay.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 18:30:21 »
DSA gamer set that matches Deep Space maybe? :rolleyes:

DSA LOVE :cool:

Offline jb1830

• @jonboulton
    • 1upkeyboards.com
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 18:51:31 »
Looking forward to more v2 stumps and hopefully more purple everything :P

IBM Model M            Fjell 002           Klippe            KC60           Planck