Author Topic: Mac key mapping for a One Key Keyboard  (Read 2934 times)

Offline river226

Mac key mapping for a One Key Keyboard
« on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 19:05:45 »
Hey everyone I'm new and only recently started to get into the custom keyboard scene. I am doing a shallow dive into the world right now and have a $25 mechanical, and bought a 1 key keyboard from techkeys.

The problem I am having is with the one key. It's programming doesn't seem to pick up on my special keys on my mac keyboard (specifically alt, cmd, or power), and since I wanted to use it as a key to put my work computer to sleep, that's a little bit of an annoyance.

One thought was that I flash the board with hardwired mapping. This is stifled because the source for the one key is not open sourced, but I think https://github.com/anthonygclark/techkeys/tree/anthony will work with some modification. But to do this I need to know the mapping of the 3 aforementioned keys, which I'm having trouble finding. Does anyone know the mapping for these?

Another hope was someone knew the trick to using the one key as a sleep key for the mac. best I can figure is creating a new shortcut, but was hoping to avoid that.

Thanks!