Author Topic: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS (Complete)  (Read 867068 times)

Offline Valaris

Re: [GB] M65-A | Made with RAMA.WORKS
« Reply #2300 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 10:12:17 »
Hmm damn I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for letting me know. I'll check mechmarket before I do anything.

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #2301 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 10:14:21 »
Going for the standard 2.75 would mean I forfeit either up arrow or pg down so I'll stick to the smaller one. But it's ok. I just realized the Danger Zone TKL set I bought for this has 2 1.75 caps lock. One regular and one with the "scoop" or whatever it's called so I'll just use one of those are right shift. I doubt I'll be able to find someone willing to sell a single 1.75u right shift key anyway.

Thanks for the confirmation though!

Those might have shown up in grab bags. You might have luck on MM.

Offline Valaris

« Reply #2302 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 10:14:55 »
Good point. I just posted there. Hopefully someone has a spare one. Even if its the novelty Fuel Dump I'll gladly take that.

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #2303 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 21:52:36 »
Anyone can help a noobie with programming the qmk MB?  Or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Offline kustom3

• bonjour
« Reply #2304 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 22:20:23 »
Anyone can help a noobie with programming the qmk MB?  Or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

https://docs.qmk.fm would be a good place to start.
Also here's some M65-A specific stuff to save you some time.

Offline therealmckellar

« Reply #2305 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 16:50:16 »
Before you request a refund, post your purchase for people to take over for you. There are a ton of us that didn't get in on this when it was available, completely understand the gravity of what JChan is going through and will happily wait years if it takes that long.

jchan has repeatedly stated he's not transferring slots anymore as it takes too much time to sort out. refund is the only option, and refunded units will go into retail stock

How about you go worry about yourself instead of policing what people are doing with their slots? If someone wants to sell me a slot and they forward me the item when it comes to them, it's literally none of your business and affects no one.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 September 2017, 16:51:47 by therealmckellar »

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2306 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 17:23:15 »
Before you request a refund, post your purchase for people to take over for you. There are a ton of us that didn't get in on this when it was available, completely understand the gravity of what JChan is going through and will happily wait years if it takes that long.

jchan has repeatedly stated he's not transferring slots anymore as it takes too much time to sort out. refund is the only option, and refunded units will go into retail stock

How about you go worry about yourself instead of policing what people are doing with their slots? If someone wants to sell me a slot and they forward me the item when it comes to them, it's literally none of your business and affects no one.

He is actively working with jchan.  And he said that keyclack is not transferring slots.  If you're willing to do it without a safety net- that's on you.  There was a recent incident with something like that where there was a chargeback involved.  If you want to take that risk, that's on you.  But he's talking what jchan/keyclack will do, and as he's working with them on the business side, and trying to help out jchan in his current situation, it was totally appropriate for him to reply.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #2307 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 17:37:32 »

I'm sorry, but "post your purchase for people to take over for you." sounds to me like a transfer of slot. Obviously what you do after shipping is all up to you.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #2308 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 19:21:14 »
Your request for a trade/sale is actually against Geekhack TOS since it is prohibited outside of the marketplace. Most people put up with posts like that but since you're not part of the GB your post is off topic and technically not allowed.

Geekhack Terms of Service:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39249.0

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #2309 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 00:15:06 »

I'm sorry, but "post your purchase for people to take over for you." sounds to me like a transfer of slot. Obviously what you do after shipping is all up to you.

Damn, I'm sorry guys, I wasn't trying to create an issue. I totally respect both JChan and Oblotzky's perspective and people's choice to trade their spots, at their risk, independent of the management, I was just trying to be helpful and proactive for all parties. Tensions are way too high surrounding this GB, we're all on the same side and we all want the same thing. There are so few positive and friendly internet communities and I like that, for the most part, this is one of them.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2310 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 00:34:24 »

Damn, I'm sorry guys, I wasn't trying to create an issue. I totally respect both JChan and Oblotzky's perspective and people's choice to trade their spots, at their risk, independent of the management, I was just trying to be helpful and proactive for all parties. Tensions are way too high surrounding this GB, we're all on the same side and we all want the same thing. There are so few positive and friendly internet communities and I like that, for the most part, this is one of them.
Plus... If you refund.. It can be sold through Keyclack at a higher price... So he can make more profit.

Offline kitchenace13

« Reply #2311 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 10:40:02 »
Plus... If you refund.. It can be sold through Keyclack at a higher price... So he can make more profit.

Wow, JChan has spent hundreds if not thousands of hours building this keyboard GB, meeting with and organizing multiple vendors across different continents and languages.  Factoring in that, hes probably made less than minimum wage on this project and others all the while dealing with personal circumstances that would drive anyone to tears.

You're a real piece of work.  This "community" is full of a bunch of people I'd love to never have to hear from ever again.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2312 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 11:59:56 »

Wow, JChan has spent hundreds if not thousands of hours building this keyboard GB, meeting with and organizing multiple vendors across different continents and languages.  Factoring in that, hes probably made less than minimum wage on this project and others all the while dealing with personal circumstances that would drive anyone to tears.

You're a real piece of work.  This "community" is full of a bunch of people I'd love to never have to hear from ever again.

Offline jraper13

« Reply #2313 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 14:55:17 »
any idea on when more of these will be shipped out? still waiting on -164 here!

Offline petrock

« Reply #2314 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 15:43:14 »
any idea on when more of these will be shipped out? still waiting on -164 here!

There is no schedule yet. JChan is going through some personal things so keyboards will not be shipping until that is over! He will keep us in the loop when he can!

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #2315 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 19:13:48 »
Willing to buy a spot, pm me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CamRank1

« Reply #2316 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 23:29:26 »
I remember when my family member had a terminal illness... and I still had to go to work on Monday....

Offline eggplanthero

« Reply #2317 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 00:55:13 »
I remember when my family member had a terminal illness... and I still had to go to work on Monday....
Then you of all people should understand the situation he is in

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #2318 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 01:01:54 »

?
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 September 2017, 01:57:29 by forevermadrigal »

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #2319 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 01:52:04 »
I feel like some posts in this thread should automatically trigger a refund if the OP was in the GB and otherwise ban you from further GBs... Djeez, the nerve on some people.

It's really weird to me. JChan and Rama created something that's so good, so desired, that people lose all decency now that there's a delay and they have to wait a bit. Like, are some of you gonna hold your M65-A once you get it, stroke it and hiss "My precioussss"?
pls gief bbv2

Offline jjwax

« Reply #2320 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 06:38:48 »
I feel like some posts in this thread should automatically trigger a refund if the OP was in the GB and otherwise ban you from further GBs... Djeez, the nerve on some people.

It's really weird to me. JChan and Rama created something that's so good, so desired, that people lose all decency now that there's a delay and they have to wait a bit. Like, are some of you gonna hold your M65-A once you get it, stroke it and hiss "My precioussss"?

I'm OK with the delay, but I still might hold my m65-a and call it the preciousss

« Reply #2321 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 08:05:50 »

I'm OK with the delay, but I still might hold my m65-a and call it the preciousss

Might? I'm definitely doing this.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #2322 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 08:43:11 »

/r/CummingOnM65 calling it now

Offline Valaris

« Reply #2323 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 09:23:35 »

/r/CummingOnM65 calling it now

Probably more like /r/tributemykeeb

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2324 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 10:48:37 »

That sucks for you that you work for such a sucky company.  But that has zero bearing here.

Offline CamRank1

« Reply #2325 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 15:48:13 »

That sucks for you that you work for such a sucky company.  But that has zero bearing here.

I was pointing out that the world continues moving when people are sick, like what is he doing for 24hrs a day?  Just mourning?

Offline phutro

« Reply #2326 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 15:51:04 »

I was pointing out that the world continues moving when people are sick, like what is he doing for 24hrs a day?  Just mourning?

Dude, whut? How insensitive can you get...
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 September 2017, 15:52:37 by phutro »

Offline sixdeuces

• DIYKeyboards.com
« Reply #2327 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 16:03:01 »

Christ man, someone in his immediate family has brain cancer and he's dealing with their condition as well as his own stuff.

Take your refund and go.

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #2328 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 16:30:22 »

Christ man, someone in his immediate family has brain cancer and he's dealing with their condition as well as his own stuff.

Take your refund and go.

Damn, this guy is cold... :(

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #2329 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 17:20:00 »

If you post your order number then jchan can process your refund right away.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #2330 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 17:40:18 »

Careful bud, your ignorance is showing

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #2331 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 18:52:39 »
Things are stabilizing - we're currently working on the long term plans.

In any case, some units should start shipping out this week, thanks for your patience.

I have a few refunds to process, for a few people that have contacted me, and I will get to those as well.
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #2332 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 18:56:00 »
If you're a tad out of patience or are needing the funds back for whatever reason - just email support@keyclack.com for a refund.

Circumstances change, situations are fickle, but such is life, and life goes on.

Thanks for your patience, love and understanding.

Offline Valaris

« Reply #2333 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 19:28:04 »
Good news man! Both for your situation and the business I mean. Glad to hear it.

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #2334 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 20:37:40 »
I got mine last week. To all the  impatient  folks out there I can only say that it's worth waiting for. The keyboard is amazing.

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #2335 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 22:07:39 »

Excellent ... so when is round 2?

That's honestly my attempt at a joke. Hope it made you chuckle more than wince.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #2336 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 22:38:22 »
Thanks for the update Jchan! Wishing you the best bud!  :)

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #2337 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 02:18:08 »

I remember when I joined a group buy and didn't act like a giant ******* when the world stopped moving cause I don't have my keyboard yet.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #2338 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 07:27:56 »

you ****ing serious dude? Take your money and gtfo.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #2339 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 07:41:20 »

In any case, some units should start shipping out this week, thanks for your patience.

I have a few refunds to process, for a few people that have contacted me, and I will get to those as well.

Hope you're doing better bro, hang in there!
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline dyoungc

« Reply #2340 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 08:52:20 »
Did anyone not receive the screw in stabs with their order? Also, it looks like my plate has a gouge on one side due to manufacturing defect. Should i be contacting oblotzky or jchan directly? I was going to wait on this until after the heat dies down but hope you understand I wna start typing on this asap.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2341 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 09:15:57 »
Did anyone not receive the screw in stabs with their order? Also, it looks like my plate has a gouge on one side due to manufacturing defect. Should i be contacting oblotzky or jchan directly? I was going to wait on this until after the heat dies down but hope you understand I wna start typing on this asap.

I've heard of a couple others not getting all their screws. Email support regarding both.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #2342 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 10:14:29 »

Hey, I am not employed by KeyClack if you got that impression. All support issues must go through support@keyclack.com. I'm just a very active member who has worked with jchan as the designer of another group buy :)

Offline sixdeuces

• DIYKeyboards.com
« Reply #2343 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 10:18:54 »
I'm just a very active member who has worked with jchan as the designer of another group buy :)

And oh man, are those two buys going to look good together! GMK Oblivion on Space Gray...   can not wait.

Offline therealmckellar

« Reply #2344 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 18:23:24 »

you people are nuts. bills still have to be paid regardless of what is going on in someone's life. what planet do you people live on??? I got screwed out of a company i built that shouldve been a lifechanger a few weeks back, if I was any of you apparently i would be sitting at home crying all day long instead of trying to make sure my mortgage can still get paid. Are people acting crazy when they should be fine with waiting a little longer? Yeah. But at the same time hes just asking what the guy is doing on a daily basis

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2345 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 18:54:41 »

you people are nuts. bills still have to be paid regardless of what is going on in someone's life. what planet do you people live on??? I got screwed out of a company i built that shouldve been a lifechanger a few weeks back, if I was any of you apparently i would be sitting at home crying all day long instead of trying to make sure my mortgage can still get paid. Are people acting crazy when they should be fine with waiting a little longer? Yeah. But at the same time hes just asking what the guy is doing on a daily basis

You're nuts.  Wanting to know what he's doing all day, etc.  You're entitled to exactly what you got.  The choice to get out or to hold fast.  You're not entitled to anything other than that.  You know jack **** about his finances, or how he's paying for his own life- and that's exactly as it should be.  You're comparing apples to oranges, in all honesty.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #2346 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 22:17:50 »
You're nuts.  Wanting to know what he's doing all day, etc.  You're entitled to exactly what you got.  The choice to get out or to hold fast.  You're not entitled to anything other than that.  You know jack **** about his finances, or how he's paying for his own life- and that's exactly as it should be.  You're comparing apples to oranges, in all honesty.

I agree with Chuck Dee here, once you hear that someone is dealing with a tragedy firsthand you should just take a step back and give them as much space as they need, offer support and leave it at that. Doesn't matter how you handle tragedy, doesn't matter what your expectations are, doesn't matter if you really want something from them, it's not about you, it's about them, because they are going through the trauma, you should be considerate of their needs, and put yours aside

Offline dyoungc

« Reply #2347 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 03:25:51 »

Hey, I am not employed by KeyClack if you got that impression. All support issues must go through support@keyclack.com. I'm just a very active member who has worked with jchan as the designer of another group buy :)
I must have gotten the names mixed up. Jchan posted something about having someone else take over logistics, and I thought I saw your name associated with that.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
    • KeyClack
« Reply #2348 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 20:05:21 »
Thanks for understanding the gravity of the situation.

After some time to collect everything that is happening we're currently working on a plan and we're in therapy(aka treatment) mode.

---

I looked over the stabilizer packages and it seems that they are all missing screws (for the 2U) so I'll have to get those locally and then sort them to get this moving along.

Regarding some parts that are in Asia currently for reanodization - they are being fixed up but due to some week long holiday in the beginning of October those will be delayed.

----

In any case I've ordered extra units to help fulfill the people wanting extras. We'll have a lot of extra units so please don't hunt in the aftermarket for these.

----

We'll be moving M65A's sometime next week.

----

I really want to thank everyone for being understanding. I know that it doesn't look good on me and I completely accept the feelings you may harbor towards me.

Cheers  & have a good Saturday.

Offline sixdeuces

• DIYKeyboards.com
« Reply #2349 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 20:23:00 »
Great to hear things are moving along. Thanks for the update. Hope you're doing better.

Pretty cool to hear about extras, too. There are a lot of people who regret missing the buy, and I hope they're able to get in now without draining their life savings.