Author Topic: KBP V60 Type R Polestar  (Read 10067 times)

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
KBP V60 Type R Polestar
« on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 15:02:34 »
KBP stepping up their game to offer full programmability on their 60%!

Offline ddrew01

Re: KBP V60 Type R Polestar
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 22:44:49 »
I actually have a polestar and the thing is so cool! The underglow LED's look really good to me and the brown switches on mine feel really good to type on.

Offline blanco12

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 15:14:16 »
My experience with the KBP v60 was awful don't care to repeat it to be honest. I don't see any indication that they changed it so far. Does it come with mx-clears? That would perhaps make it a bit better

Mod Edit: Removed spam links (!)
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 October 2018, 12:53:03 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 16:55:27 »
Thanks for posting a review of the KBP V60 Type R Polestar.

I have had good experiences with my KBP V60 keyboards, although I have not yet tried the Polestar. I am not much of a fan of LED special effects, although there are times when I would find backlighting useful. It is important to note that KBP produces a "standard" Type R as well as a Polestar Type R, which has the special lighting effects.

The KBP V60 Type R boards are indeed fully programmable, which is a big deal. This makes the Type R more versatile than the Pok3r, which is quite versatile, but not completely programmable. On a standard 60% board, I like to reprogram it with a HHKB layout and use the R_Ctrl as Fn. With the Pok3r, there appears to be no straightforward way to remap the R_Ctrl, but this is easily done with the V60 Type R.

Although I like the V60 boards, and especially the Type R, Cherry mx and clones are my least favorite types of switch. KBP also produces V60 boards with Matias and Datacomp Alps switches, but these are not nearly as nice as some varieties of Alps that unfortunately are found only in vintage boards.