Author Topic: Tea addiction ..  (Read 3126 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Tea addiction ..
« on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 17:08:31 »

Is it better than a Coffee addiction ??

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Tea addiction ..
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 19:25:00 »
Probably.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 01:28:52 »
Of course, it depends on how much you drink. It is not good to drink too much caffeine and personally I think that drinking a cup of coffee could sometimes be too much caffeine at once.
If you would replace each serving of coffee with the same amount of tea - and stick to that - then you will get less caffeine.

On the other hand, both green tea, black tea and coffee contain antioxidants - and coffee actually contains the most. However, the composition of antioxidants is different between the three.
If you have a caffeine addiction, I think the very best would be to alternate between coffee, green tea and black tea so as to ingest different types of antioxidants.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 04:56:39 »
I switched to decaff coffee cos it's got less caffeine than green tea. But I feel so lame every time I order one. And it just straight up isn't as nice... I think actually there's not many everyday things as nice as coffee. Just wish it didn't make me grind my teeth.

I drink rooibus in the evening sometimes but I can't imagine getting addicted to any type of tea. I'm just not that into it. And I'm english ffs.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 08:02:45 »
I switched to decaff coffee cos it's got less caffeine than green tea. But I feel so lame every time I order one. And it just straight up isn't as nice... I think actually there's not many everyday things as nice as coffee. Just wish it didn't make me grind my teeth.

I drink rooibus in the evening sometimes but I can't imagine getting addicted to any type of tea. I'm just not that into it. And I'm english ffs.

This might be hard liquor vs light beer situation..   one gives you a rush , the other one does not.

In the end , both are fundamentally bitter , foul liquids..   So perhaps there's a threshold where one such person would accept the foul taste for the drug,  but not so, for a lesser quantity of drug

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 08:27:12 »
I work with a guy one day a week who's always drinking tea so I end up having 7 or 8 mugs. Doesn't make me feel that great. I'd typically drink 2 or 3 on a normal day. Figure it's fairly harmless in any case.

BTW Barry's Tea is the GOAT.

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 08:43:32 »
Healthcare Triage on YouTube covered this on videos about the health outcomes of drinking coffee and tea.

TLDW; There's an enormous amount of formal research on both and consumption of even modest amounts of coffee shows an improvement in health outcomes. It's not until 10 cups per day that concerning effects appear, and of course it is not always good for those with high blood pressure. You have to drink WAY more tea to see potential positive outcomes.

Caffeine is also an addictive substance, but aside from having to deal with a withdrawl if you go without it, there's no harm to an adult enjoying it regularly.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 05:37:00 »
Healthcare Triage on YouTube covered this on videos about the health outcomes of drinking coffee and tea.

TLDW; There's an enormous amount of formal research on both and consumption of even modest amounts of coffee shows an improvement in health outcomes. It's not until 10 cups per day that concerning effects appear, and of course it is not always good for those with high blood pressure. You have to drink WAY more tea to see potential positive outcomes.

Caffeine is also an addictive substance, but aside from having to deal with a withdrawl if you go without it, there's no harm to an adult enjoying it regularly.

OK I just watched that and it made me want coffee even more. Thing is I stopped cos I was grinding my teeth and I felt like I was up and down all day between hyper and exhausted... I guess I could just have one on occasion but that's kind of my whole problem, I suck at moderation.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 09:49:32 »
Thinking about it, I'm probably addicted to tea. I get headaches without a warm cup of tea in the morning… the weird thing is that cold leftovers from the previous day don't cut it. There's some link between warm beverages and some patterns in brain activity, but I'm not sure, if it's related.

I do drink quite a lot of tea, typically green, 5-10 cups/day I think. No coffee for me, because what most people around here serve as "coffee" is gross, smells awful and doesn't have all that much in common with actual coffee; I don't want to go down yet another rabbit hole either.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 11:19:08 »
Thinking about it, I'm probably addicted to tea. I get headaches without a warm cup of tea in the morning… the weird thing is that cold leftovers from the previous day don't cut it. There's some link between warm beverages and some patterns in brain activity, but I'm not sure, if it's related.

I do drink quite a lot of tea, typically green, 5-10 cups/day I think. No coffee for me, because what most people around here serve as "coffee" is gross, smells awful and doesn't have all that much in common with actual coffee; I don't want to go down yet another rabbit hole either.

I am myself currently contemplating switching to Herbal Tea,  or just straight up Veggie soup

(Herbal tea,  if you think about it, is more or less veggie soup.... !!)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 12:16:06 »
I refuse to call herbal "tea" a tea.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 12:18:02 »
I hate the way tea makes your breath smells, I'd rather smell someones coffee breath than tea breath.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 12:23:24 »
I hate the way tea makes your breath smells, I'd rather smell someones coffee breath than tea breath.

Tea breath?   hrrrmmm.. haven't heard of this one..   

I guess milk (fats) and sugar with tea would give you bad breath..   but green tea probably doesn't

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 16 September 2017, 14:45:27 »
I had to drink this crap basically every day for over four years while I was in the UK and at some point I was gagging for it. Or maybe the custard creams that went along with it, I dunno.

The problem with tea is that it smells really nice, but when you drink it, it tastes really disappointing.

Brit tea was especially bad. The bags they use to make a single cup is bigger than the ones they use to make a whole goddamn pot over here xD . Basically you could make a spoon stand upright in it, it was bleeding awful if you didn't douse it with milk.

Don't really see the point of tea tbh, but I'd much rather have it than coffee, which is concentrated mud.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 16 September 2017, 14:48:43 »
I had to drink this crap basically every day for over four years while I was in the UK and at some point I was gagging for it. Or maybe the custard creams that went along with it, I dunno.

The problem with tea is that it smells really nice, but when you drink it, it tastes really disappointing.

Brit tea was especially bad. The bags they use to make a single cup is bigger than the ones they use to make a whole goddamn pot over here xD . Basically you could make a spoon stand upright in it, it was bleeding awful if you didn't douse it with milk.

Don't really see the point of tea tbh, but I'd much rather have it than coffee, which is concentrated mud.

Most developed societies fall into addiction spirals, tea, coffee, tobacco, fast food, marajuana, cocaine, heroin, fentynal ..

It's a natural process..

Then birthrates plummet,  not enough people for soldiering, not enough people for infrastructure, not enough people for social services,   social welfare implodes,  political upheaval,  corruption,  Civil war,   World war..   etc etc..

Offline JP

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 16 September 2017, 15:31:30 »

Most developed societies fall into addiction spirals, tea, coffee, tobacco, fast food, marajuana, cocaine, heroin, fentynal ..

It's a natural process..

Then birthrates plummet,  not enough people for soldiering, not enough people for infrastructure, not enough people for social services,   social welfare implodes,  political upheaval,  corruption,  Civil war,   World war..   etc etc..

Well that escalated quickly  :eek:
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 16 September 2017, 15:34:20 »

It's a natural process..

Well that escalated quickly  :eek:

Tp4 , bringing you the Fastest and Latest on, the World of Tomorrow

Offline Rodde

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 21:47:32 »
I tend to enjoy the variety in tea more than in coffee. Certain types of tea seem to be better for you in moderate amounts than coffee (entirely unverified), but both seem fine in moderation.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 02:40:06 »
I knew a First Nations guy who drank so much tea, he drowned in his own tea pee.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 10:31:32 »
I knew a First Nations guy who drank so much tea, he drowned in his own tea pee.

Shoulda built a yurt instead.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 21:50:25 »

Tee pee four?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ