Author Topic: Hey, I'm looking for a pretty specific keyboard.  (Read 2389 times)

Offline lexlazootin

Hey, I'm looking for a pretty specific keyboard.
« on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 13:10:20 »
I'm looking for a keyboard with Cherry Silvers or like with a layout that has the main part with a numpad, Like without the middle part with the arrow keys. I'm not sure what that layout is called, like a Quick Fire TK.

I want to use it for high precision gaming, as corny as that sounds i would prefer if it has a 1000hz polling rate with little to no debounce.

I've checked and i haven't really found any specifically what i want and i can't find pretty much anything on the debounce timings on any keyboard. i would even pay for a custom if it meant i could guarantee low latency.

Thanks ;)

Re: Hey, I'm looking for a pretty specific keyboard.
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 13:42:34 »
Something similar to a Redscarf III or TX-CP (that has arrows) , or maybe the welfare 96 key keyboards?

Offline Kavik

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 14:28:10 »
I'm not sure if there's a production keyboard (or even custom) that's exactly what you're looking for.

Your best bet is probably to buy a CM Masterkeys Pro M, a bag of MX Speed Silvers, desolder the stock switches, and solder in the silvers.

The middle part you're referring to is called the nav cluster btw.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 14:57:21 »
Hi, Looking for a pretty specific keyboard, I'm Dudesnail!

Offline raxander

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 21:42:21 »
Sadly you just missed the group buy for this sucker: https://mehkee.com/products/96kee?variant=47768389839.

Kavik's suggestion to desolder the CM Masterkeys Pro M is a good one, but desoldering can be tricky if you're not experienced with it.  Soldering is much easier.  Sometimes people will sell unbuilt kits for the Welfare96 or similar on /r/mechmarket, or you could try posting there that you want one.  Good luck!  If you don't want to do any soldering or assembly, there are people offering that as a service who post periodically on /r/mechmarket.
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 September 2017, 21:43:54 by raxander »