Author Topic: [IC] GMK Gore (Novelties posted)  (Read 14035 times)

Offline anonymous

[IC] GMK Gore (Novelties posted)
« on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 07:44:53 »
GMK Gore

KLE RENDER

GMK RENDER

IC FORM: https://goo.gl/forms/KwGKDU0JAAvANTtu2

Initially, the colorway was based on Tokyo Ghoul character Ken Kaneki and so the novelties are all Tokyo Ghoul related. But then I decide to call it Gore when I realized the Japanese would pronounce Ghoul as Gūru (according to google translate, I haven't heard a Japanese say that actually) which sounds like Gore.

I used RO1 instead of other Red color since I want it to look like the actual color of blood. I don't know if its just the render but I hope RO1 legends can still be fairly visible on N9 base keys.

*Edit: Here is an actual of RO1 and N9 keys. So far, I think that RO1 on N9 would still be visible. Credit to user for posting this Neralo

The mock-up includes keys for the following layouts but this isn't final:
  • 104 standard
  • ISO
  • Winkeyless
  • HHKB
  • 65%
  • 75%
So now the novelties I want are some things you see in Gore/Horror movies.
-blood drops
-vampire
-fangs
-etc

I still want to use some Tokyo Ghoul novelties though. Here's Kaneki's Kakuja Mask that I made

Let me know what you think  :thumb:

Update: 23 September 2017

Some novelties I created. I am creating more :)

Kaneki Kakuja, Mask (Horizontal), Blood drop, Coffee cup
Kaneki's Mask, Kaneki's Mask V2, Fangs, Touka's Mask

Let me know what you think!  ;D
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 September 2017, 03:49:29 by anonymous »

Offline neralo

Re: [IC] GMK Gore
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 07:54:46 »
Just started reading Tokyo Ghoul, so I love the inspriation behind it. Not sure if its just the render but the mods look pretty unreadable. May need to tweak the colours used there to get some more contrast.

edit: So I noticed you were using RO1 and N9, so i went and put the 2 colours together. It actually looks like it might work.

https://imgur.com/a/hocs2

Will need to see some renders though. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. good luck!
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 September 2017, 08:13:15 by neralo »
HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline anonymous

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 08:33:35 »
Just started reading Tokyo Ghoul, so I love the inspriation behind it. Not sure if its just the render but the mods look pretty unreadable. May need to tweak the colours used there to get some more contrast.

edit: So I noticed you were using RO1 and N9, so i went and put the 2 colours together. It actually looks like it might work.

https://imgur.com/a/hocs2

Will need to see some renders though. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. good luck!

Thanks for that bro.  :thumb:

It looks better on my iphone compared to my laptop's monitor. Hope it looks good too in actual.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 September 2017, 08:49:16 by anonymous »

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 09:14:32 »
It's an attractive set for sure. I too would worry about legend contrast on the mods though. I also find it too similar to Honeywell and Led Zeppelin, and I prefer both of those. I don't think it's too similar in the sense that you shouldn't run it, just my preference skews towards those sets when it comes to an actual purchase.
keyboards.

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 10:01:15 »
I really like this, but wish it didn't look so similiar to existing sets. Maybe flip the mod and alpha color? Right now it just looks like a less bright honeywell. Also isnt there an SA Tokyo Ghoul set thats been in IC for a while?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pvd

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 10:44:47 »
I want a red on bright white set pretty badly, and it doesn't look like GMK pyro will ever happen, so I'm in.

Wish the red was brighter tho.

Also, worries about contrast are nearly always overblown. Yeah, the contrast might look bad in the render, but in real life the legends will be discernible. Not an issue.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 September 2017, 10:46:53 by pvd »

Offline anonymous

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 16:33:08 »
I really like this, but wish it didn't look so similiar to existing sets. Maybe flip the mod and alpha color? Right now it just looks like a less bright honeywell. Also isnt there an SA Tokyo Ghoul set thats been in IC for a while?

Yeah. I am the one who also posted that. Just checking the interest if it's in cherry profile. Should I just post this there? I thought making another post would increase visibility

Offline bkw1209

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 19:51:31 »
Nice!! I like it.

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 20:17:24 »

Yeah. I am the one who also posted that. Just checking the interest if it's in cherry profile. Should I just post this there? I thought making another post would increase visibility
Ah okay, separate post makes sense. I'm a lot more down for cherry profile than SA, but still looks too close to honeywell for me /:

Offline anonymous

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 21:19:42 »

Ah okay, separate post makes sense. I'm a lot more down for cherry profile than SA, but still looks too close to honeywell for me /:

How about reversing the color of the modifiers? Red base with Black Legends

Offline neralo

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 21:32:42 »

Tried it with KLE and the KLE-Render app. Personally I'm not feeling it as much as the RO1 on N9.

Edit: For fun i put CR on RO1. Here's an album.

https://imgur.com/a/fAEzy

« Last Edit: Wed, 13 September 2017, 21:43:29 by neralo »
HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 21:33:39 »

Tried it with KLE and the KLE-Render app. Personally I'm not feeling it as much as the RO1 on N9.

http://kle-render.herokuapp.com/api/34d466fca30da6b1d0f7fcc800155960
I think that looks dope

Offline neralo

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 21:37:32 »

http://kle-render.herokuapp.com/api/34d466fca30da6b1d0f7fcc800155960
I think that looks dope

Oh ****. so it turns out that because i went and tweaked the legend colour, and this thing is linked to the saved KLE that i put together, when i updated the colours, it updated the render colour as well. In this case the legends are not N9, but rather CR. And yes, this looks dope.

edit: https://imgur.com/a/fAEzy these wont change everytime i tweak the KLE.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 September 2017, 21:44:06 by neralo »

Offline anonymous

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 22:31:38 »
This is an alternate colorway but with Violet Tendencies coming I don't think another set with purple alphas would be that interesting.

Let me know what you think though

Offline ashwinv11

• give me foog
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 01:16:08 »
Nice set!!  :thumb: I think the legend color on the modifiers would look better as white.. the contrast between grey and red isn't really that high and looks a little hard to read.. Also would be super interested in seeing red on black modifiers instead of red on grey

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 03:28:37 »
Like the red legends better

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 08:35:11 »
Very nice, i like the first one with red legends better :thumb:

Offline lovetree

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 10:14:21 »
Red legend is better for both alphas and modifiers.

Offline breckstar

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 10:58:37 »
Red legends for sure. I bought burgundy in hopes of a good set with the RO1, but this looks so much better than that. In for the this. Maybe check a render on mod texts as T9 for better legibility? Either way pretty sick. Maybe keep the purple as the novelty keys.

Offline s3vv4

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 12:42:01 »
Cool idea, def. go with the red alphas, looks way more gory!

Offline anonymous

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 21:33:53 »
Nice set!!  :thumb: I think the legend color on the modifiers would look better as white.. the contrast between grey and red isn't really that high and looks a little hard to read.. Also would be super interested in seeing red on black modifiers instead of red on grey

The renders somehow looks like the mods are gray but in fact it is more black than gray in actual pictures. Here is a photo by user Neralo https://imgur.com/a/hocs2 . RO1 and N9 keys

Very nice, i like the first one with red legends better :thumb:

Red legend is better for both alphas and modifiers.

Red legends for sure. I bought burgundy in hopes of a good set with the RO1, but this looks so much better than that. In for the this. Maybe check a render on mod texts as T9 for better legibility? Either way pretty sick. Maybe keep the purple as the novelty keys.

Cool idea, def. go with the red alphas, looks way more gory!

Red legends it is!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline anonymous

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 01:00:21 »
IC FORM: https://goo.gl/forms/KwGKDU0JAAvANTtu2

Kindly respond to the form if you're interested. You can also share your comments and suggestions.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 September 2017, 02:31:43 by anonymous »

Offline goldusas1

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 14:03:32 »
This is an easy instabuy for me

Offline anonymous

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 16 September 2017, 10:05:04 »
Here are more photos of the actual color chips together. https://imgur.com/a/FVCu5

Looks good to me. For now, I have no plans on changing the mod colors. Let me know what you think.

By the way, does GMK provide doubleshot samples? So that we can actually see the colors together

Credit to u/contrabandwidth from Reddit

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 16 September 2017, 10:14:07 »
I like how you've evolved the set from the original, I really would love some Tokyo Ghoul novelties but I'm a fan :) Did you ever think of doing a Touka set? using the blood with a purple backdrop? I think that would be cool to mess around with.

Offline anonymous

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 16 September 2017, 10:37:04 »
I like how you've evolved the set from the original, I really would love some Tokyo Ghoul novelties but I'm a fan :) Did you ever think of doing a Touka set? using the blood with a purple backdrop? I think that would be cool to mess around with.

I am planning to add purple accent keys if it looks good. With regards to novelties, I am working on something but it will take quite a time for me to finish them since I am busy + my illustrator skills are limited

Btw, what do you mean by blood with a purple backdrop?

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 16 September 2017, 13:01:11 »
Here are more photos of the actual color chips together. https://imgur.com/a/FVCu5

Looks good to me. For now, I have no plans on changing the mod colors. Let me know what you think.

By the way, does GMK provide doubleshot samples? So that we can actually see the colors together

I know they sent double shot samples for GMK Keyboard and Co, as well as caps for GMK Plum.

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 16 September 2017, 13:01:45 »
..tapatalk broke..
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 September 2017, 13:04:56 by Kafka »

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 16 September 2017, 13:02:20 »
..tapatalk broke..
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 September 2017, 13:04:37 by Kafka »

Offline anonymous

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 02:02:34 »

I know they sent double shot samples for GMK Keyboard and Co, as well as caps for GMK Plum.

That's good news. Hope they can also give me samples. I already emailed them. I am now waiting for their response

Offline anonymous

« Reply #30 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 03:17:33 »
GMK replied to my email. Unfortunately, they cannot provide samples since they don't have stocks of the colors I need and there will only be stocks when there is an order. They sent me their color ring instead which includes keycaps that have their stock colors.

Offline anonymous

« Reply #31 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 03:38:05 »

Kaneki's Kakuja Mask (Horizontal), Blood drop, Coffee cup

« Last Edit: Sat, 23 September 2017, 05:00:33 by anonymous »

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
Re: [IC] GMK Gore (Novelties posted)
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 15:28:14 »

Show Image

I love the bottom masks and coffee novelties

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #33 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 00:28:10 »
wow love the enter key :eek:

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 15:47:14 »
Those novelties are on point! I wish I had that amount of skill

Offline anonymous

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 21:10:07 »
Those novelties are on point! I wish I had that amount of skill

Show Image

I love the bottom masks and coffee novelties

wow love the enter key :eek:

Thanks! I'm glad that you guys liked it.

Offline TanHin

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 21:47:49 »
Tokyo Ghoul is coming, Touka's Mask so funny  :))

Offline anonymous

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 07:17:14 »
Hi guys! So I joined Massdrop's keycap design contest and submitted this set as an entry. Link here https://www.massdrop.com/talk/2343/talk/1827640?utm_source=linkshare&referer=NSP898 

The winner will be determined through votes. So, if you want this set to be a reality, kindly vote when the voting period starts. Thanks! Voting will start 7 days from today

Offline Mrloco90

« Reply #38 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 03:34:49 »
So what happens now? Is there still a way to make this happen without massdrop?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Offline anonymous

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 03:38:43 »
So what happens now? Is there still a way to make this happen without massdrop?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

As of now there is no assurance for the gb. There are 48 responses on the interest check form.

I am still waiting for my color chips to arrive.

Offline CamRank1

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 23:31:57 »

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 12:21:08 »
This set is very nice, i hope you will start a GB even without MD, we dont like MD anyway

Offline sensamasen

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 23 November 2017, 08:11:09 »
Very interesting! Hope the ISO goes together with the base kit :)

Offline Awful Aim

« Reply #43 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 12:26:37 »
Is this still going to happen? Any updates?