Author Topic: First Set of JTK caps and very impressed  (Read 3416 times)

Offline HotRoderX

First Set of JTK caps and very impressed
« on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 02:47:22 »
As the title say's i got a set of JTK caps for a board! cause I wanted Black on orange or Black/Orange/Gray... so my choices where pretty limited for caps. I had these https://originative.co/products/skidolcha or https://originative.co/products/jtk-charred-orange keys. I ended up going with the JTK cause of price 70 is a lot easier to eat on ABS caps then 170 special knowing there going to shine and blacks bad about showing it.

I gotta say compared to my Tai-Hao caps and MaxKey caps these are nice! I was told that we don't see JTK cause of legend issues but I looked couldn't really see any legend issues so to speak. I am not sure perhaps I just got lucky or I am so new. I know didn't really see the shift issue on maxkey's until it was pointed out and even then doesn't bother me! Neither does uneven legends. The JTK's are really really thick and they have a nice texture to them that feels quality. The overall caps just have a nice sound when typing!. I gotta say very impressed and hope to see group buys with them more.. cause honestly... 70-80 dollar key set is much easier to afford then a 120+ dollar set.

Also just to add I want to get some GMK key's to compare them to but that will have to be later! There even more solid then the JTK caps then they must be amazing! I honestly preferred PBT up till this point now its tough to say which I like better.

Offline kasakka

Re: First Set of JTK caps and very impressed
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 10:07:31 »
I've got a set of JTK purples and very happy with them. They have pretty good compatibility too but no ISO. I found that colorwise the WASD purple keys are pretty close but obviously much thinner. The legends on some of my JTKs are not quite the same sharpness but that is very minor for what is a cool color keyset. In my book they are a pretty great option that doesn't cost hundreds of dollars.

I'm really happy with my MaxKey SA sets too though despite the slight issues with some legends and the lack of non-standard keys.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 21:50:40 »
JTK's great!

There are some inconsistencies if you look closely - but then we don't look at our keyboard up close while typing anyway, right? ;)

The the price, the quality is fantastic - you won't get this quality any cheaper.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 22:29:27 »
Enter the JTK zone