Author Topic: Random phone text  (Read 1767 times)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Random phone text
« on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 07:40:43 »
My son and I have phones with Google Keyboard, where you can compose texts quickly by "drawing" the words:

So we've been doing this thing that's kind of fun: sending each other random texts by letting the keyboard guess what we're trying to write. I'll do a couple right now:

Firth found Oleg's eyeglasses immune to Cyndi's wasted interview.

Integrated TVs adjust plywood twig images for credit injury and insurance exhaust.

As you drag, the keyboard "guesses" various words. When a word appears that you want, you lift your finger to add it, or press Backspace and try again. You may deliberately add whatever small connecting words you need.

(Now that I think of it, this is somewhat keyboard related and thus not completely off-topic, so sorry about that.)
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Re: Random phone text
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 00:00:48 »
That's pretty cool!  Reminds me of the old handwriting ocr built-into the old palm PDAs--I loved that way of 'typing'.

As far as guessing--if it was just random letters, I'd have clue, but the words make it even tougher!  :eek:

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Re: Random phone text
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 04:03:43 »
It's also funny seeing the phone try to guess what the heck you're writing.

When my wife says something to me from the other room, and I can't quite hear it, I always repeat back what I think she said. "What's that? You want me to ostracize the eggplant?" It really annoys her, which of course is the best reason to do it.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg