Author Topic: Anyone tried KBDFans topre ADAPTER-X mx sliders?  (Read 6953 times)

Offline DuckNorris

Anyone tried KBDFans topre ADAPTER-X mx sliders?
« on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 00:00:03 »
After a lot of research on topre to mx sliders, I came to conclusions based on what I read.

1) Nothing beats the feel of original topre sliders
2) Best one recommended are KBDFans sliders (some say lube them up as well)

However, I saw that Ali express no longer sells the original kbdfans topre to mx sliders, however the only ones I could find are these new adapter-x sliders... Anyone tried them or any reviews recommendation?

I want to use a GMK set on a Leopold FC660C

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: Anyone tried KBDFans topre ADAPTER-X mx sliders?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 00:50:47 »
After a lot of research on topre to mx sliders, I came to conclusions based on what I read.

However, I saw that Ali express no longer sells the original kbdfans topre to mx sliders, however the only ones I could find are these new adapter-x sliders... Anyone tried them or any reviews recommendation?

i have heard that they are the best option that is not NT sliders, but they are kinda tight
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 00:58:26 »

i have heard that they are the best option that is not NT sliders, but they are kinda tight

When you say tight Puddy are we talking so tight they gotta be lubed to even install them. Are we talking tighter and less wobble then the originals.

Offline DuckNorris

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 12:53:02 »
Yeah someone said it they had a cracked keycap stem, does lube help with that? If so , which lube is recommended or any tutorials? Thanks!

Offline Lepidus

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 13:44:36 »
This feedback someone left on aliexpress worried me.

Offline DuckNorris

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 13:53:33 »

Show Image

That is very concerning, thank you for this ... It is 2018 WHY DO WE STILL STRUGGLE WITH TOPRE TO MX SLIDERS  :'(

Any other better sliders?

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 19:00:22 »

Show Image

That is very concerning, thank you for this ... It is 2018 WHY DO WE STILL STRUGGLE WITH TOPRE TO MX SLIDERS  :'(

JTK made a bunch of them, you might be able to find them after market?

Offline DuckNorris

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 20:00:20 »

Show Image

JTK made a bunch of them, you might be able to find them after market?

A good amount of people said the old KBDfan ones were pretty good, did you or anyone you know have a good experience with JTK sliders?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 17 February 2018, 21:36:40 »

Show Image

Show Image

The keycap leaning happens even with Topre sliders,  if you care it you better pass topre boards or have to relax your criterion.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 08 October 2018, 04:22:20 »
Bringing this one back:)

Are JTK better, rotation wise?
So far all KBDFans sliders are rotated a bit - some people can get used to it, some not.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::