Author Topic: [US] IBM Model F XT keyboard spare parts: Original foam mat and cable  (Read 2821 times)

Offline Sigmoid

Selling some surplus Model F parts! :D

Original foam mat, in great condition:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161739005415

Original coiled cable, similarly looking great:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/161739012065

(I'm also selling other electronics equipment, like my 110V only soldering station, so feel free to check my other items for sale on eBay.)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: [US] IBM Model F XT keyboard spare parts: Original foam mat and cable
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 11:58:30 »
That has to be the best-looking Model F foam that I have ever seen.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 01:33:21 »
That has to be the best-looking Model F foam that I have ever seen.

Nah, I had one just as good.

Learning how good it was, exacted a terrible price. It took my entire family plus tons of dental floss plus a lot of time to put that F XT back together again. Getting dental work done is more pleasant and relaxing. I strongly recommend root canals for anyone who wants to try putting a Model F XT spacebar back.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Sigmoid

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 12:25:28 »
Learning how good it was, exacted a terrible price. It took my entire family plus tons of dental floss plus a lot of time to put that F XT back together again. Getting dental work done is more pleasant and relaxing. I strongly recommend root canals for anyone who wants to try putting a Model F XT spacebar back.

This is one of those things I'll never get. I have assembled several Model F XTs now, with 1/8" closed-cell silicone foam mats (a far cry from the flimsy original mat they used), and never once had to resort to anything like floss. Just placing the PCB in just the right angle seemed to always push the spacebar flipper into place. :)

Anyway since nobody had bought the mat, maybe I'll put it in one of those IKEA glass picture frames and hang it on the wall.