Author Topic: Poker 2 Plate Mods..  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Tiramisuu

Poker 2 Plate Mods..
« on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 19:53:28 »
Is it as simple as doing a little dremel butchery on the existing plate to modify it so that the cherry switch tops can be removed?

I'm thinking ergo clears and a decent lube job but it would be annoying to put it back together with the stock plate and not be able to tweak things afterwards.
Keyboard error F1 to continue.

Poker 2, Gherkin, Lets Split, Planck, Filco

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
Re: Poker 2 Plate Mods..
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 20:42:49 »
it would be a lot easier to just use a plate that supports switch swapping. I think imsto's plate does.

anyway, I haven't tried it but apparantly cutting through the steel plate is a bit of a challenge for some rotary tools.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 20:53:11 »
I would honestly try getting an IMSTO plate because you might end up wrecking the only plate you have.
It might be cool for a DIY thing to get some experience and would be cool especially if you have a keyboard that has a completely non-standard layout, but stick with what dorkvader recommended
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline Tiramisuu

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 21:05:43 »
Hammer Imsto universal 60% doesn't support poker 2.    Poker uses plate mounted stabs and there is and on a minor issue you would have to remove  a couple of led's that the plate blocks.
Keyboard error F1 to continue.

Poker 2, Gherkin, Lets Split, Planck, Filco

Offline DzyDzyDino

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 04:22:53 »
Are those plates still available? And if they don't support the poker 2, what 60% boards to they support out of curiosity? I might wanna get one just to have an easy to customize 60% board.