Author Topic: tenting  (Read 3628 times)

Offline bcredbottle

tenting
« on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 14:25:42 »
Does anyone have a good method of tenting an Ergodox? I bought a Kinesis tenting kit but it was too big. I thought of buying Gon's feet and placing them under the inner edges of my 'Dox, but with $25 shipping it just seemed crazy to spend $50 on feet.

Offline Snarfangel

Re: tenting
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 16:14:50 »
The Ergodox EZ on Indiegogo (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ergodox-ez-an-incredible-mechanical-keyboard#/story) is using an odd-looking tenting mechanism. I'm not sure if there is an easy way to make your own, though.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 16:17:51 »
I know; it's brilliant. I wish they would sell the kit separately.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 16:45:39 »
Cut the V3. Or cut a couple of camera-film containers.

Offline nomaded

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 26 July 2015, 19:39:26 »
There are 2 different Kinesis Freestyle lifts: the V3 and the VIP3. The V3 will be the correct length for the classic ErgoDox case. The VIP3 will be the correct length for the fullhand ErgoDox case. For my first ErgoDox (fullhand), I bought the V3, and they worked fine, but realized the VIP3 would work better length-wise. So, when I bought my second ErgoDox (classic), I also bought the VIP3 lifts, and moved the V3 to the classic case.

I use four of the small 3M Command Strips for picture hanging, on each half, so I can easily attach and detach the lifts while carrying them.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 July 2015, 19:47:21 by nomaded »
Dvorak
ErgoDox fullhand (MX Clears) w/Nuclear Green Data SA || Infinity ErgoDox (Zealios 78g tactile) w/SA Retro || Atreus62 (MX Clears) w/Chocolatier || TECK 209 (MX Browns) || TouchStream ST
Kensington Slimblade Trackball || Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman || Apple Magic Trackpad
Current Dvorak-based ErgoDox layout || Current Dvorak-based TECK layout