Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 774077 times)

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #3200 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 21:09:08 »
Why is the order form still live? Are orders still going... 2 years later?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

It definitely shouldn't be.  The OP has been MIA for a long time and has not been maintaining this thread.  I will edit out the order form link.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline lazyfart

« Reply #3201 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 00:29:02 »
Ah I see. Thanks for clarifying!
Why is the order form still live? Are orders still going... 2 years later?

It definitely shouldn't be.  The OP has been MIA for a long time and has not been maintaining this thread.  I will edit out the order form link.

Offline Phinnegan

• I have a new addiction.
« Reply #3202 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 21:42:21 »
Finally rolled in!  Had to replace 4 of the ws2812s to get the LEDs working, as well as additional paste/solder on the mc  (pcb assembly is definitely a mess per everyone else) but everything works.  Thanks to sachin for the updated guide, re-flashed the hex, all the keys did show as BAD (no pre-configured keymap, but uploading the one from the repo worked just fine).

Now I have to find where I put the keycaps I was going to put on this.

Many thanks to Yuktsi for picking up the pieces on this buy.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #3203 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 21:55:27 »
Finally rolled in!  Had to replace 4 of the ws2812s to get the LEDs working, as well as additional paste/solder on the mc  (pcb assembly is definitely a mess per everyone else) but everything works.  Thanks to sachin for the updated guide, re-flashed the hex, all the keys did show as BAD (no pre-configured keymap, but uploading the one from the repo worked just fine).

Ah, the silver one is gorgeous. Great to see it fully functional!

Offline Phinnegan

• I have a new addiction.
« Reply #3204 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 15:39:36 »

Ah, the silver one is gorgeous. Great to see it fully functional!

Yep, its a stunner for sure.

Offline razor_blade

« Reply #3205 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 19:15:47 »
I need to track down an unused plate from someone in here. I want to get a batch of them cut, but I need one that isn't in a board and I am too lazy to desolder my grand new r/mm find. Anyone have one they are willing to sell?

Offline 0x6d

« Reply #3206 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 19:01:07 »
Just wondering if there are still folks that haven't got their kits yet? Haven't seen too much activity on here about that recently and I'm still here waiting patiently with no responses from Yuktsi. Hopefully this is still inching along.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #3207 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 21:08:44 »
I need to track down an unused plate from someone in here. I want to get a batch of them cut, but I need one that isn't in a board and I am too lazy to desolder my grand new r/mm find. Anyone have one they are willing to sell?
It’s moving but slowly. We have <20 orders more boards to ship now. Hopefully can be done ASAP.

I will get back to your PM later. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline stevesie

« Reply #3208 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 22:55:10 »
For anyone that is having issues of whole columns firing, I believe that I just figured out what is happening. I don't know if y'all are still checking that have problems, but it's an interesting problem and I put the project away for a while until I finished another one.

So, if you look on the back of the PCB where the through hole pads for the switches are, there is a tiny, almost imperceptible piece of non solder mask there. If you look close, it almost looks like it's part of the pad. To diagram it in text looks like this: (0 and much closer and more difficult to see. If that is bridged on any of the switches, it appears to cause the whole column to trigger. (I believe that it shorts the entire column to ground which is what triggers the whole row.)

I had asked about it and messaged  yuktsi about it where it was mentioned that it was solder overflow and to remove the switches and use desoldering braid to take up the solder and to clean with alcohol. I unfortunately got hung up on the removing switches part as I had never soldered switches to this board. (In addition to the mcu not being completely soldered, there were a few bad RGB LEDs that needed replacement and this tiny gap was bridged by solder at some point during the LED replacement process.)

So if you have issues like 4rfv all triggering at once, This is very likely your answer. Desolder, clean with braid (it took a long time for me to soak up the right solder even with flux, but I'm also bad with/hate solder wick) clean with alcohol and keep testing.

Offline alexfry

« Reply #3209 on: Mon, 05 November 2018, 19:54:27 »
Rapidly coming up on 1000 days since the end of the Groupbuy.
Still no board.
Still no reply to any of my PMs.

Offline six_chains

• Looking for fashion bae.
    • Visual Art
« Reply #3210 on: Tue, 13 November 2018, 17:46:18 »
still looking for an ALU bottom on this. if anyone wants to unload theirs. (open to trades) :thumb:
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 November 2018, 07:13:58 by six_chains »

Model M JIS Silver Label  --  Exent  -- Apple IIs ALPS -- Poker II Granite R1

Offline Helldrop

« Reply #3211 on: Wed, 14 November 2018, 15:21:31 »
I’m looking for an Alu bottom, because mine started to crack more like hell. If anyone has an extra, pls pm me anytime.

Offline trimetric

« Reply #3212 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 22:15:12 »
Any word on whether all the original GB orders have shipped?  Still eagerly waiting on a Silver Premium Kit.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #3213 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 22:54:22 »
Any word on whether all the original GB orders have shipped?  Still eagerly waiting on a Silver Premium Kit.

They haven't completed shipping yet

Offline 0x6d

« Reply #3214 on: Tue, 20 November 2018, 14:39:27 »

Also still waiting on a Silver Premium Kit

Offline grayish

« Reply #3215 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 17:19:04 »
I recieved my black exent with both pu and alu bottoms a couple of months ago. Finally got around to build it when the switches and stabs arrived. The pcb was acting up at first when I tried to map it but after a few hours and assorted Swedish curses it started to work. I know a lot of you have had problems and that it’s usually the dissatisfied customers who speak up in the forums, but I want to chime in and tell you everything arrived just fine (except some missing screws). Thank you so much Yuktsi for sticking around and finish this GB. It was worth the wait. The thing is a work of art.

Offline gnarlsagan

• Billions and billions... of keycaps.
« Reply #3216 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 17:39:10 »
Finally got my four Exents a couple days ago. Haven't built anything yet, but just so incredibly happy to actually have these in my possession. Thanks for keeping this GB alive Yuktsi.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #3217 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 22:02:24 »
My W,S,Z, and L Alt keys have stopped working on my Exent for no apparent reason. Anyone have any advice on how to fix?

Offline lendflat

« Reply #3218 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 14:15:47 »
This thing looks like my skateboard.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #3219 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 14:22:46 »
My W,S,Z, and L Alt keys have stopped working on my Exent for no apparent reason. Anyone have any advice on how to fix?

You might want to check your microcontroller and see if all of the connections look good. Several people have had issues with the microcontroller not being soldered very well. Here is a helpful place to start. It's a comment containing a diagram of the microcontroller pins, and some of the following comments contain details of what other people have had to do.

I'm not very familiar with troubleshooting stuff like this, so sorry that I can't be of more help. But hopefully that will get you started and maybe someone smarter than me can chime in.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #3220 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 20:11:14 »

You might want to check your microcontroller and see if all of the connections look good. Several people have had issues with the microcontroller not being soldered very well. Here is a helpful place to start. It's a comment containing a diagram of the microcontroller pins, and some of the following comments contain details of what other people have had to do.

I'm not very familiar with troubleshooting stuff like this, so sorry that I can't be of more help. But hopefully that will get you started and maybe someone smarter than me can chime in.

Doesn't seem to be the issue.

Offline gnarlsagan

• Billions and billions... of keycaps.
« Reply #3221 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 20:21:51 »

I had this issue on a previous keyboard (not an Exent), and the problem was that a slightly misaligned diode needed to be resoldered. When I was looking at the diodes it wasn't very obvious at all, as the misalignment was very minor, so I felt like I was guessing. Turned out to be right.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #3222 on: Tue, 18 December 2018, 21:03:55 »

I had this issue on a previous keyboard (not an Exent), and the problem was that a slightly misaligned diode needed to be resoldered. When I was looking at the diodes it wasn't very obvious at all, as the misalignment was very minor, so I felt like I was guessing. Turned out to be right.

I'm wondering if I have a blown diode or something. All my diodes look good, though.

I've been tracing leads (checking continuity), and I've attached an image of what I've come up with so far. Can anyone tell me where the path should go next (from the question mark)?

BTW green indicates good continuity, while red indicates no continuity.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #3223 on: Sun, 30 December 2018, 13:28:06 »
Can anyone help me here?

Offline Helldrop

« Reply #3224 on: Thu, 03 January 2019, 03:23:36 »
Looking for an aluminum bottom. If anyone has an extra one, pls hit me up.

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #3225 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 11:10:16 »
The day this arrives is going to be a really pleasant surprise, I will keep the faith.

Offline aeryxz

• aeboards
« Reply #3226 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 00:45:28 »
Looking for an aluminum bottom. If anyone has an extra one, pls hit me up.

lmk if you want a purple one with pc bottom. cheers!

Offline alexfry

« Reply #3227 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 13:19:32 »
Day 1068......

Still empty handed......

Offline Traveler

« Reply #3228 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 13:24:33 »
Ah, today marks Year 2 since the start of this group buy. Sorry to hear you still have nothing, Alex.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #3229 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 15:41:31 »
Day 1068......

Still empty handed......

TGR
Aconic
RAMA
Originative

Offline krispy

« Reply #3230 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 18:38:20 »
My package arrived missing about half of the screws needed to build the board.. Does anyone know what type/length screws the exent uses?

Offline si

« Reply #3231 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 06:18:56 »
Who's **** do i have to suck to get an update?

My board arrived back in august but i had ordered an extra polycarbonate bottom which did not arrive with the rest of my kit. My guess is that they were using any extra polycarb bottoms to replace the broken ones and mine was chosen to be a donor for someone else's. I got in touch with Yuktsi because juahenza doesn't respond to anything anymore and I told Yuktsi that all i wanted was a complete kit and that i was willing to put extra money to cover for shipping/manufacturing of a polycarbonate bottom just so that i could get one. That way Yuktsi wouldn't be financially burdened for the **** show that was the EXENT group buy. He said he would get back to me in a few days and so i waited patiently... for FIVE MONTHS and no response whatsoever. I was thinking maybe he's just really busy but at least he could message me telling me that it will be a while longer before he gets around to manufacturing more bottoms. Anything at all would suffice just to know that i'm not completely **** out of luck. I've since sent him a couple of messages thinking he might have forgotten but it's been weeks and no response as of yet. I don't think i'm asking for much here, just word that stuff is moving along. I am willing to pay EXTRA and i've been really patient with this group buy as i've been along for this ride for two years now. So who do i have to talk to so i can find out more about replacement bottoms or if that is happening at all anymore?

Offline Traveler

« Reply #3232 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 14:42:59 »
I told Yuktsi that all i wanted was a complete kit and that i was willing to put extra money to cover for shipping/manufacturing of a polycarbonate bottom just so that i could get one.

So who do i have to talk to so i can find out more about replacement bottoms or if that is happening at all anymore?

Man that sucks. The fact that you were willing to go that far makes me wonder why there would be any issue. That's going above and beyond on your part. Since it was claimed that they were going make more polycarbonate bottoms to replace the broken ones it doesn't sound like a problem.

I wish I could say I feel your pain. My order was missing an extra PCB that I ordered and two sets of stabilizers. I was told that some money would be refunded but that didn't happen (and to be fair I didn't expect it too). And yet in comparison to people like you and many others I still consider myself one of the lucky ones at the end of the day. I don't know if that's hilarious or sad.

As for who you have to talk to, Yuktsi would be your only hope. You could try getting a hold of codywanks but I doubt he's still involved with this group by. I'm guessing all shipments are going to be as-is though. Anything missing or broken isn't going to be replaced.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #3233 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 20:18:44 »
Yeah my Exent was going fine and then the PCB died all of a sudden. Contacted Yuktsi and he replied to me once but hasn't responded since. Dunno what to do, big stupid expensive paperweight I have now.

If they released the PCB files I would literally just have my own made.

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #3234 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 23:28:49 »
Yeah my Exent was going fine and then the PCB died all of a sudden. Contacted Yuktsi and he replied to me once but hasn't responded since. Dunno what to do, big stupid expensive paperweight I have now.

Zeal's Zephyr PCB, of which there are some available on his site right now, fits great!

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #3235 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 01:25:13 »

Zeal's Zephyr PCB, of which there are some available on his site right now, fits great!

No kidding? This one: https://zealpc.net/collections/custom-keyboards/products/black-friday-zeal65-rgb-led-pcb ?

Aint cheap but beats a dead exent

Offline Traveler

« Reply #3236 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 17:12:18 »
Man, I'm getting pretty bummed about not receiving the spare PCB I requested way back on my original order. After trying them I'm not too fond of the MOD-L switches I soldered on my board, and my past attempts at desoldering tell me that I'm going to butcher this thing if/when I try to remove the switches.

Is that Zeal PCB the only known one that will fit? I'm not too fond of a winkeyless layout. How would I go about adding underglow; that one doesn't have any, right?

Offline Marutks

« Reply #3237 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 05:42:17 »
Zeal65 PCB has RGB LEDs.  Are you sure it fits your exent? 

Offline tialdo

« Reply #3238 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 07:23:55 »
Just have an Idea about wrist rest for exent, how do you guys think? ;D

Offline Traveler

« Reply #3239 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 08:13:27 »

According to someone above it fits, yep. It only has per-key LEDs, right? No LEDs under the PCB for underglow? That's what I'm looking for, is PCB underglow.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #3240 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 12:20:54 »
Also would like confirmation about the Zeal PCB before dropping $90+S/H

Offline Marutks

« Reply #3241 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 14:36:15 »
According to someone above it fits, yep. It only has per-key LEDs, right? No LEDs under the PCB for underglow? That's what I'm looking for, is PCB underglow.

Those LEDs are under PCB and they are very bright. I am sure Zeal's PCB would have similar underglow effect.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0490/7329/products/Zeal65_PCB3.jpg  )

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #3242 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 18:58:40 »

Those LEDs are under PCB and they are very bright. I am sure Zeal's PCB would have similar underglow effect.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0490/7329/products/Zeal65_PCB3.jpg  )

Those are per switch leds, not under lighting. The photo is looking at the bottom of the pcb, and the bottom of the leds

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #3243 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 19:01:41 »

[/youtube]

this lad added underglow LEDs to his zeal60

Offline codywanks

« Reply #3244 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 00:05:27 »
I told Yuktsi that all i wanted was a complete kit and that i was willing to put extra money to cover for shipping/manufacturing of a polycarbonate bottom just so that i could get one.

So who do i have to talk to so i can find out more about replacement bottoms or if that is happening at all anymore?

As for who you have to talk to, Yuktsi would be your only hope. You could try getting a hold of codywanks but I doubt he's still involved with this group by.

Sorry m8.

Last time I was there, the only PC bottoms I saw were either cracked or warped to the point they wouldn't fit the top case.

I am waiting for a replacement run to happen as well.

Offline six_chains

• Visual Art
« Reply #3245 on: Sat, 23 February 2019, 12:23:09 »
Just have an Idea about wrist rest for exent, how do you guys think? ;D
Show Image

cool idea, but I need something more minimal design on my desk.
I think just the 'X' logo, smaller, in the center or on the left side - would be perfect.

Offline six_chains

• Visual Art
« Reply #3246 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 09:08:49 »
updated with sage waves:

« Last Edit: Sat, 09 March 2019, 09:12:33 by six_chains »

Offline Traveler

« Reply #3247 on: Sat, 09 March 2019, 10:40:32 »
updated with sage waves:

That looks really good man. Nice and clean but still has personality. I really miss my Exent; I recently tried to desolder the switches on mine and mangled a pad to the point that it doesn't work. Learning how to bridge connections is going to be fun...

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #3248 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 11:39:02 »
Anybody else still waiting? I've never pm'd Yuktsi about it, just gone with the assumption it will show up when it shows up. Maybe it would be wise to do so =S

Offline h3xadat

« Reply #3249 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 12:18:09 »
Anybody else still waiting? I've never pm'd Yuktsi about it, just gone with the assumption it will show up when it shows up. Maybe it would be wise to do so =S

Yes, I'm also waiting for my two orders to come in. I've pm'd Yuktsi on Feb 1st and she replied on Feb 11th, that she could most likely have my order fulfilled the same week. I haven't heard from her since.