Author Topic: [GB] Nuclear Data Green SA Row 3 - The long awaited keycap set.  (Read 257999 times)

Offline Arcoril

Re: [GB] Nuclear Data Green SA Row 3 - The long awaited keycap set.
« Reply #700 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 23:52:24 »
Got my replacements and a cool little gift! Thanks so much for making this happen, Sam. Really loving this set!

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #701 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 02:34:59 »
Got my fixed keys and the special gift! Thank you, Ron!

My relegendables are still being held hostage in customs, but I'll set them free today and hopefully they'll be in my hands soon :) Then there's the Rad Hard set still to come... so much Nuclear Green goodness. I'm going to make up a full mix of all the sets for a photo shoot once they arrive.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #702 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 04:18:42 »
So I got my replacements and my GH key yesterday (thanks Ron!), but I am still yet to get my full set.

I asked SP about this about 10 days ago and they sent me a tracking number when they realised my order had not been sent out with the rest, however that tracking number says it was delivered yesterday...the day i received my replacements...

I am confused...
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #703 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 10:07:46 »
So I got my replacements and my GH key yesterday (thanks Ron!), but I am still yet to get my full set.

I asked SP about this about 10 days ago and they sent me a tracking number when they realised my order had not been sent out with the rest, however that tracking number says it was delivered yesterday...the day i received my replacements...

I am confused...

Anyone with previous experience with these think I should be worried at all?

Last update in the tracking:
November 7, 2014   23:22:00      PROCESSED THROUGH OFFICE OF EXCHANGE

I have received the extras that were sent out after so don't know what's taking the main set so long....

Where are you?

In the UK - I'm happy to wait its just odd the second set has got to me before the the main set. Just checking as this is my first group buy :)

Main Set:
Date   Time   Location   Status
November 7, 2014   23:22:00      PROCESSED THROUGH OFFICE OF EXCHANGE
November 1, 2014   23:18:00   LOS ANGELES, CA 90009   PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY
November 1, 2014   22:20:00   LOS ANGELES, CA 90009   DEPART USPS SORT FACILITY
November 1, 2014   22:02:00   90009   INTERNATIONAL DISPATCH READY
November 1, 2014   21:17:00   LOS ANGELES, CA 90009   PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY
October 30, 2014   22:19:00   KENT, WA 98032   PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY
October 30, 2014   22:02:00   KENT, WA 98032   PROCESSED THROUGH USPS SORT FACILITY
October 30, 2014   16:30:00   CUSTER, WA 98240   DEPART POST OFFICE
October 30, 2014   16:18:00   CUSTER, WA 98240   PICKED UP
October 30, 2014   14:01:00   98240   Electronic Notification

Additional/Surprise set (with Geek Hack key):
Date   Time   Location   Status
November 25, 2014   9:40 am      Delivered
November 23, 2014   3:59 pm      Processed Through Sort Facility
November 22, 2014   7:44 am   London,   Departed
November 21, 2014   7:08 pm   New York,   Departed
November 20, 2014   9:33 pm   Los Angeles,   Departed
November 20, 2014   4:17 pm   Los Angeles,   Arrived
November 20, 2014   7:50 am   ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS),   Processed Through Sort Facility
November 20, 2014   7:40 am   LOS ANGELES, CA 90009   Arrived at USPS Facility
November 20, 2014   7:40 am   ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS),   Arrived at Sort Facility
November 20, 2014   3:12 am   KENT, WA 98032   Departed USPS Facility
November 19, 2014   1:07 am   KENT, WA 98032   Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
November 18, 2014   4:04 pm   CUSTER, WA 98240   Departed Post Office
November 18, 2014   3:37 pm   CUSTER, WA 98240   Picked Up

Also, am I best contacting Massdrop or SP to query?

Thanks for any info, bit of a noob at this
Same problemo? UK customs thinks the green goodies are some kind of drugs? :)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #704 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 14:27:16 »
My replacements got straight through though =/

Usually you would get sent a note saying you have something to pay for for customs, but yeah, nothing yet.

Offline kalrand

« Reply #705 on: Fri, 28 November 2014, 12:56:31 »
Do you think there would be interest in a JD40 kit during round 2?  Or even as a standalone mini-group buy?

-Kal
My 122 key Model M was born on July 25th, 1988.

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #706 on: Fri, 28 November 2014, 13:10:07 »
Do you think there would be interest in a JD40 kit during round 2?  Or even as a standalone mini-group buy?

-Kal

You got my interest...
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
  • Sorry, moving houses. Be back ASAP.
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #707 on: Fri, 28 November 2014, 15:40:17 »

-Kal

You got my interest...

There would have been a JD40 kit during Round *1* -- if only there was a canonical JD40 layout.  My JD40 is very different from JD's own, and probably from yours as well.  (You can find the posts if you read back eleventy-seven pages.)

This gap was mostly addressed with blanks of (I believe) all sizes.

However, if someone comes up with an official JD40 layout, it would be awesome if it could also cover the JD45.

- Ron | samwisekoi
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline kalrand

« Reply #708 on: Fri, 28 November 2014, 15:57:32 »

-Kal

You got my interest...

There would have been a JD40 kit during Round *1* -- if only there was a canonical JD40 layout.  My JD40 is very different from JD's own, and probably from yours as well.  (You can find the posts if you read back eleventy-seven pages.)

This gap was mostly addressed with blanks of (I believe) all sizes.

However, if someone comes up with an official JD40 layout, it would be awesome if it could also cover the JD45.

- Ron | samwisekoi

From what I can tell, most of the top layer layouts still largely follow JD's original layout or his alternate one. I know my top layer looks like the left of his original layout (win key) and the right of his alternate layout.

I think Deep Space's JD40 kit covers just about all the layouts I've seen that were even close to ANSI/ISO/DVORAK related, and probably what we could model a Nuclear one off of.

Personally, I own a bunch of blanks, and got the specialty kit to cover some of the blank spots.

Speaking of, we should talk about the Enter key in the specialty kit...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #709 on: Sat, 29 November 2014, 05:09:39 »
Replacements arrived, along with the couple of keys that PMK sent incorrectly the first time.

Thanks for the extra, Ron, much appreciate :)

Only right SHIF T though, not the left one too?  Only asking out of curiosity, not complaining :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #710 on: Sat, 29 November 2014, 09:53:49 »
Replacements arrived, along with the couple of keys that PMK sent incorrectly the first time.

Thanks for the extra, Ron, much appreciate :)

Only right SHIF T though, not the left one too?  Only asking out of curiosity, not complaining :D

The right shift was modified to math the left.  I don't have a set with me at the moment, or I'd look to be sure.

Speaking of, we should talk about the Enter key in the specialty kit...

No, we really shouldn't...

- Ron | samwisekoi
Sig auto-typed by my GH36 LH keypad.
I like keyboards and case modding.  Everything about a computer should be silent -- except the KEYBOARD!

'85 IBM F-122/Soarer Keyboard |  Leopold FC200 TKL (Browns) + GH36 Keypad (Browns/Greens) | GH-122 (Whites/Greens) with Nuclear Data Green keycaps in a Unicomp case

Offline ash27

« Reply #711 on: Sat, 29 November 2014, 18:18:27 »

Usually you would get sent a note saying you have something to pay for for customs, but yeah, nothing yet.

Glad I am not the only one still waiting :) Been a month today, want to play with the keys already haha.
Hopefully its just delays and not any problems. I also have not received anything to state I need to pay for customs.
filco majestouch 2 TKL iso - Cherry MX Blues

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #712 on: Sat, 29 November 2014, 19:22:59 »

Glad I am not the only one still waiting :) Been a month today, want to play with the keys already haha.
Hopefully its just delays and not any problems. I also have not received anything to state I need to pay for customs.

I just wanna swap my ABS caps out on my WASD and put my lovely doubleshots on :(

I'm very interested in seeing what SA is like to type on...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #713 on: Sat, 29 November 2014, 20:26:23 »

I just wanna swap my ABS caps out on my WASD and put my lovely doubleshots on :(

I'm very interested in seeing what SA is like to type on...

I also was, and found that I actually really like it, especially with MX greens.  I like the feel of the keycaps, the profile doesn't bother me at all, and the extra weight of teh SA profile caps on the stiff greens is hardly noticeable.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline kalrand

« Reply #714 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 02:56:03 »
So what board are people putting these on?

I tried out the number pad keys on one of my G80-3700s and it looks really good. I've been trying to find a big, beige 90's style keyboard for them ever since, and I can't really find a good one...

(Yes, yes, the GH122 when it comes out will be perfect, but until then...)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #715 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 14:25:39 »
I also was, and found that I actually really like it, especially with MX greens.  I like the feel of the keycaps, the profile doesn't bother me at all, and the extra weight of teh SA profile caps on the stiff greens is hardly noticeable.

Mine are going onto clears, so I'm hopeful that I won't feel the difference either :)

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #716 on: Sun, 30 November 2014, 18:18:36 »

Mine are going onto clears, so I'm hopeful that I won't feel the difference either :)

I will be putting mine on ergo clears lubed 62g. I can tell you how it fairs if you would like but I first need to get my flux remover to clean my board.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #717 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 01:22:46 »

I will be putting mine on ergo clears lubed 62g. I can tell you how it fairs if you would like but I first need to get my flux remover to clean my board.

And I can tell you that they feel awesome on Clears and 62g ErgoClears! IMHO, they do change the feel somewhat due to the extra mass (moreso on the ErgoClears, but somewhat on stock Clears, too), but it's a good change. Makes the keys feel a little more substantial and higher quality.

I have tried OEM uv-printed ABS, SP DCS, GMK Cherry profile doubleshots, thin Cherry PBT, medium thickness OEM PBT, medium thickness OEM POM and SA profile caps on my 62g ErgoClears and SA are by far my favourite, both in terms of switch feeling and profile. GMK comes second.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #718 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 02:13:01 »
I'm guessing this was discussed and I didn't catch it but: I tried putting a 1.5 blank onto my Ergodox, and found that since it had an LED in that switch, I couldn't use it there: if I bottomed out the switch, the LED would cause the cap to stick, and I would have to manually unstick it every time I bottomed out -- I think I could depress it far enough to actuate the switch, but bottoming out caused it to catch on the LED -- tried two such positions (third is a 1x key so it wouldn't matter).

Caps work fine elsewhere. Thoughts? Aside from desolder and use smaller LEDs I suppose.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #719 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 03:00:40 »
I'm guessing this was discussed and I didn't catch it but: I tried putting a 1.5 blank onto my Ergodox, and found that since it had an LED in that switch, I couldn't use it there: if I bottomed out the switch, the LED would cause the cap to stick, and I would have to manually unstick it every time I bottomed out -- I think I could depress it far enough to actuate the switch, but bottoming out caused it to catch on the LED -- tried two such positions (third is a 1x key so it wouldn't matter).

Caps work fine elsewhere. Thoughts? Aside from desolder and use smaller LEDs I suppose.

What type of LED is it? I don't have a problem with any of the SA caps on my LED boards. I'm using 3mm flangeless LED's, the same as come standard on most LED boards. My main board has "inverted" switches, with LED's on the bottom side instead of the top, so I inverted some 1.5x caps to test and they didn't stick, don't think they even touch the LED.

It could just be that LED isn't soldered in properly and sticks out or that the legs are bent a bit and it sticks out sideways?

You can file the plastic part of the LED a bit if you don't want to swap LED's, something like this:

Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #720 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 09:28:48 »
I'll just leave these here:

83155-0

83157-1

:D
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline Data

« Reply #721 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 09:30:36 »
Awesome.

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #722 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 11:57:56 »
@Oobly,

Brilliant!  What switches, if I may be so bold as to enquire?

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #723 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 13:36:34 »
Awesome.

Thanks!

@Oobly,

Brilliant!  What switches, if I may be so bold as to enquire?

- Ron | samwisekoi

62g ErgoClears (trampoline and latex modded). Still wearing them in, so haven't lubed them yet. SA keycaps feel awesome on them. Thank you for running this GB! And the prompt fix sending out the replacement caps. The orange GeekHack key is very premium :)
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline kalrand

« Reply #724 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 15:54:57 »

- Ron | samwisekoi

I might see what I can do about this....

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #725 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 16:03:20 »

- Ron | samwisekoi

I'd be game...

Offline nomaded

« Reply #726 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 17:39:09 »

Interesting. I have SA keycaps on both of my ErgoDoxen and I haven't noticed a sticking problem with the 1.5u caps (blank or otherwise) on the 2 switches that have LEDs in them.

I'm using the LEDs that Massdrop provided with each keyboard. The LEDs are just sitting on top of the diode slot of the keyswitch (Clears on both of my ErgoDoxen) -- I didn't do the Dremel mod to allow full access to the switch without desoldering the LED.
Dvorak
ErgoDox fullhand (MX Clears) w/Nuclear Green Data SA || Infinity ErgoDox (Zealios 78g tactile) w/SA Retro || Atreus62 (MX Clears) w/Chocolatier || TECK 209 (MX Browns) || TouchStream ST
Kensington Slimblade Trackball || Logitech Cordless Optical Trackman || Apple Magic Trackpad
Current Dvorak-based ErgoDox layout || Current Dvorak-based TECK layout

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #727 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 20:55:27 »

Too FVCKING right  :thumb: .

These caps are for the heavy switches like the Greens and Greys (having one keyboard made up with these).  Just glad that we finally have a keyset that isn't too lame to look at like some of the current crap released by SP thus far.

Really looks good in any black coloured keyboard, just makes the Nuclears jump out at you with an attitude, which I like.  You've done extremely well here Sam for running this and keeping it conservative, the only way to live  :thumb: .

Offline kalrand

« Reply #728 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 21:37:29 »

- Ron | samwisekoi

I took a look at this tonight, and I really don't see much in the way of commonality between the JD40 and the JD45. So then I happily went back to looking at the 40.

83214-0
The Nuclear 40. Today.

I took JD's original layouts and colored in the keys that are covered by the base kit. This is below:

83210-1
Original

83212-2
Alternate

And that leaves me with the following JD40 kit that can handle either of those layouts:

83220-3

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 December 2014, 21:40:15 by kalrand »

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #729 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 22:47:34 »

- Ron | samwisekoi

I took a look at this tonight, and I really don't see much in the way of commonality between the JD40 and the JD45. So then I happily went back to looking at the 40.

(Attachment Link)
The Nuclear 40. Today.

I took JD's original layouts and colored in the keys that are covered by the base kit. This is below:

And that leaves me with the following JD40 kit that can handle either of those layouts:

What do you guys think?

I am with that, but my layout is being tweaked while I get used to it. This is day one of ownership and I am still learning the layout I created for mine. I should call mine the ADD40 or ADHD40. Teehee. I definitely am regretting not participating in the Eve GB just because I now see the value of DSA on this thing. I love my DCS and OEM profiles, but it makes it easier when all have a uniform height. I wish I could just borrow someone's Nuclear Data for a day just to see what SA feels like on this awesome piece of JDCarpentry.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #730 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 14:12:17 »
Soooo, my GB just got sent out for the second time apparently?

Third time lucky I guess?

Offline bianco

« Reply #731 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 02:35:33 »
got these sent to me via forwarding service

a kind gesture, highly appreciated. thank you kind sir

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #732 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 02:50:13 »
Show Image

Show Image

So THAT's what a lightsaver looks like... No wonder people like them. I might have to get one...

Now I'm wondering how good these keys would look with the Russian cyrillic alphabet on...

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #733 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 09:12:53 »
Show Image
[/font]

You (and everyone) are very welcome!  Thanks for participating!

Now I'm wondering how good these keys would look with the Russian cyrillic alphabet on...

Oh, man, yes!  And because these are all Row 3 profile, and thus interchangeable, we could get Cyrillic alphas made and arrange them for Russian or arrange them where they appear to belong in Latin.  (For example the Cyrrilic character "В" is pronounced "Vee", and "Н" is actually "En", but we could pretend they were B and H.

Russian alphabet in capital letters.  Wikipedia, 2014.

@katushkin, this was your idea, so now you need to do a layout!   ;D

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #734 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 09:38:02 »

Oh, man, yes!  And because these are all Row 3 profile, and thus interchangeable, we could get Cyrillic alphas made and arrange them for Russian or arrange them where they appear to belong in Latin.  (For example the Cyrrilic character "В" is pronounced "Vee", and "Н" is actually "En", but we could pretend they were B and H.

Show Image

Russian alphabet in capital letters.  Wikipedia, 2014.

@katushkin, this was your idea, so now you need to do a layout!   ;D

- Ron | samwisekoi

Oh boy. I have no idea how the cyrillic alphabet goes... Erm... D:

Would help if I had a Nuclear set to look at... ;)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #735 on: Sun, 07 December 2014, 03:12:12 »
Show Image

Those keyboards somehow look too busy to me - too many keys squashed together.  But somehow NDG makes it look just right!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #736 on: Sun, 07 December 2014, 05:24:22 »
Show Image

Sorry, I can't get over how good that looks. It's amazing.

Offline Data

« Reply #737 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 14:08:30 »
Is there any interest in a follow-up kit for this that would include:
1.5u Shift, green (x2)
1.5u Return, orange
1.5u Escape, orange

Just 4 keys.  I'm trying to finish up my Ergodox and these are the 4 keys that look the most out-of-place without their legends.

I can start a formal IC thread I guess...

Offline kalrand

« Reply #738 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 23:03:25 »
Has anyone tried putting these keys on a beige keyboard? How does that look?

I tossed the numpad set on a beige keypad, and that's tempting me to go try to find a beige keyboard to put these on...

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #739 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 23:10:00 »
1.5u Shift, green (x2)
1.5u Return, orange
1.5u Escape, orange

Just 4 keys.  I'm trying to finish up my Ergodox and these are the 4 keys that look the most out-of-place without their legends.

Maybe. I'm pretty much broke but I love me some (more) 1.5mods for sure.

Speaking of which: it's my turn for show and tell!

I made a special USB cable so that when I build a case around it, the USB cord will be detachable ... and solid!

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline Data

« Reply #740 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 08:41:53 »
That's pretty cool AK.

What layout is that?

Offline engicoder

« Reply #741 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 08:57:23 »
That's pretty cool AK.

What layout is that?
Dvorak

Offline Data

« Reply #742 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 09:54:08 »
That's pretty cool AK.

What layout is that?
Dvorak
I meant the switch placement, sorry.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #743 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 10:09:16 »
That's pretty cool AK.

What layout is that?
Dvorak
I meant the switch placement, sorry.

That is a phantom with a 7bit plate.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #744 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 10:41:12 »
1.5u Shift, green (x2)
1.5u Return, orange
1.5u Escape, orange

Show Image

I made a special USB cable so that when I build a case around it, the USB cord will be detachable ... and solid!

I love the Vault 13 being the focal point of the spacebar. But then again, I am biased.  ;D

Offline Data

Offline ThreadKiller

« Reply #746 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 16:30:17 »
1.5u Shift, green (x2)
1.5u Return, orange
1.5u Escape, orange

Show Image

So I'm not the only one in the world with a 7bit nuclear data keyboard.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #747 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 08:41:40 »
So SP have resent mine. It was processed through the office of exchange last night, so hopefully I get it today or tomorrow?

Sigh...

Offline samwisekoi

• MAWG since 1997
  • * Administrator
    • Tweet samwisekoi
« Reply #748 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 10:00:10 »
So SP have resent mine. It was processed through the office of exchange last night, so hopefully I get it today or tomorrow?

Sigh...

Man, I am very sorry for what you've gone through.  However, I have to say that the phrase "SP have resent mine" is exactly why this new PMK system is A Good Thing.

After processing thirty thousand Retro DSA keycaps the old way, I had no option but to try and support these sort of things out of my own pocket and sets.  As a result, some sets went postal in ways I couldn't fix AND at the end of the whole experience, I did not have a complete set of Retro DSA myself.   :eek:

Anyhow, sorry to hear your tale of woe, and I hope the Royal Mail gives you your second set soon!

- Ron | samwisekoi

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #749 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 16:37:17 »

Sigh...

Man, I am very sorry for what you've gone through.  However, I have to say that the phrase "SP have resent mine" is exactly why this new PMK system is A Good Thing.

After processing thirty thousand Retro DSA keycaps the old way, I had no option but to try and support these sort of things out of my own pocket and sets.  As a result, some sets went postal in ways I couldn't fix AND at the end of the whole experience, I did not have a complete set of Retro DSA myself.   :eek:

Anyhow, sorry to hear your tale of woe, and I hope the Royal Mail gives you your second set soon!

- Ron | samwisekoi

+1 for PMK! :D