Author Topic: [GB] Nuclear Data Green SA Row 3 - The long awaited keycap set.  (Read 257220 times)

Offline avid

Re: [GB] Nuclear Data Green SA Row 3 - The long awaited keycap set.
« Reply #900 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 18:46:33 »
How do you know production is over?  I signed up for their mailing list but haven't received any email since that time months ago...

because I'm your insider guy

Is SA retro next in line?

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #901 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 19:12:14 »
How do you know production is over?  I signed up for their mailing list but haven't received any email since that time months ago...

because I'm your insider guy

So wait a min, is this a GB that happened forever ago & is just now getting fulfilled or is this gonna be a set readily available from SP on PMK.com? Also good god how the prices have changed since 2014 :eek:, if I told anybody fairly new to the hobby you could get a ABS double shot SA base set for $63 not all that long ago they would laugh right in my face! :p
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 March 2018, 19:13:50 by Rob27shred »

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
« Reply #902 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 19:23:07 »
So wait a min, is this a GB that happened forever ago & is just now getting fulfilled or is this gonna be a set readily available from SP on PMK.com? Also good god how the prices have changed since 2014 :eek:, if I told anybody fairly new to the hobby you could get a ABS double shot SA base set for $63 not all that long ago they would laugh right in my face! :p

The GB was fulfilled a long time ago. SP put it back into production because it was so popular.

The thing I'm concerned about is how the price is displaying on PMK. $250 USD for the base set seems a little steep at just over $2 USD per key... is that accurate or just a placeholder? :confused: Are you seeing the base set as $63 USD??? I know prices are inflated for Australians, but this???
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 March 2018, 19:25:50 by Bob »
TG3 BL82, Cherry MX clears
Access IS 15x8 matrix layout, Cherry MX blacks

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #903 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 19:27:56 »

The GB was fulfilled a long time ago. SP put it back into production because it was so popular.

The thing I'm concerned about is how the price is displaying on PMK. $250 USD for the base set seems a little steep at just over $2 USD per key... is that accurate or just a placeholder? :confused: Are you seeing the base set as $63 USD??? I know prices are inflated for Australians, but this???

It's gotta be a placeholder. That's r/mm prices. Lol

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #904 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 19:30:16 »
Plus those kits need to be updated for more current board compatibility.

Offline avid

« Reply #905 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 19:45:08 »

No itīs not placeholder prices. Look at DSA hana for example.

Online Rob27shred

« Reply #906 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 19:48:40 »

Thanks for the heads up! That's what I figured but was curious. I got the $63 pricing from the very 1st post on this thread, apparently that is what a ND base set cost during the very 1st run back in 2014. Wish that is how much they still cost...
« Last Edit: Wed, 21 March 2018, 19:56:34 by Rob27shred »

Online Rob27shred

« Reply #907 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 19:53:49 »

I really hope it is a placeholder price but it looks like things are starting to get crazy with the pricing of SP's SA caps. Oco is gonna be charging $260 for a slightly expanded base set on SA Honeywell, https://www.originativeco.com/products/sa-honeywell. That is not a place holder price either AFAIK, you can put it in your cart & checkout. >:D

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #908 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 20:09:15 »
So real question . @Matt3eo  are you going to re run the rad hard kits again !! please !!!

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #909 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 20:29:24 »

I really hope it is a placeholder price but it looks like things are starting to get crazy with the pricing of SP's SA caps. Oco is gonna be charging $260 for a slightly expanded base set on SA Honeywell, https://www.originativeco.com/products/sa-honeywell. That is not a place holder price either AFAIK, you can put it in your cart & checkout. >:D

Pretty nuts that just over a year ago I ordered GMK Honeywell for $135.  And before someone mentions the SA one isn't a GB, it's not like they couldn't have made it one, though who knows how much it would have cost anyway.

Offline punksinatra

• Random Stuff
« Reply #910 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 21:19:33 »

Pretty nuts that just over a year ago I ordered GMK Honeywell for $135.  And before someone mentions the SA one isn't a GB, it's not like they couldn't have made it one, though who knows how much it would have cost anyway.

It could be lower but really depends on the demand. If the demand was like that of Carbon or Godspeed then we can expect major price differences.. I don't think SA Honeywell would have the same demand as Carbon or Godspeed so yeah price difference might not be much

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #911 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 21:52:33 »
The pmk page says "A limited number of keysets will be available Monday, March 26th." I love the keys, but $250 for that base set is just crazy. Maybe if it was a set like Originative offers for SA Hyperfuse with the extra keys, it would be worth it.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #912 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 21:53:41 »
Original group buy is closed.  Locking this thread to prevent any potential rule circumventing etc.