Author Topic: [IC] GMK Daifuku - GB July 30th  (Read 95596 times)

Offline vndytran

Re: [IC] GMK Daifuku - MAJOR REWORK
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 15:00:21 »
Keep in mind MOQs. With 2 base kits you'd need both of them to reach 250. And that's the same with all of the child kits, you'd need each of those to reach 100.

Hi! We have that in mind as well. We provided an IC form with a question relating to it. Thanks!

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 15:01:31 »
Hi, your base kit needs at least one 1.25u shift key for ISO layout.
_ About ISO keys, please add a R3 1u "\|" key (in alpha color) so the base kit can also cover both US and UK ISO layout (Since you've already had 2 beautiful ISO novelty enter keys).
_ One numpad is enough or you're gonna struggle with MOQ not only for base but also for numpad.
_ Please remove the second B in space bars kit since you have it in base now.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 March 2021, 15:04:54 by nvh2092 »

Offline Chubby_potat0

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 15:10:57 »
Those novelties are absolutely delectable! yum!

Offline despairsray

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 15:13:58 »
Absolutely lovely. I am in for 2 sets.

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 15:54:25 »
Thanks for the update.

-Considering this is based on a Japanese sweet. I think you should use Hiragana, and not Katakana.
-New novelties look better especially that enter key. But why the kimono on R2? (just looks out of place?) Maybe just a pink strawberry instead?
Still not a big fan of the heart with a face on it, but that's very personal ofc.

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 15:54:41 »
THe Katakana renders are wrong. They look squished.
novelties look better imo :) GLWIC

Offline ImIrish

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 17:42:01 »
I think hiragana subs would fit the set more considering it's a Japanese desert however if you're looking at making new molds for these katakana subs they look really nice and I like these over the already existing molds. I also appreciate the much better novelties from the last ones and the new deskmat added too

Offline yh

• hyurinkb
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 17:56:20 »
Keep in mind MOQs. With 2 base kits you'd need both of them to reach 250. And that's the same with all of the child kits, you'd need each of those to reach 100.
Agree. Please don’t kit GMK like KAT/KAM. Was kinda surprised to come back to this kitting. Please check the GMK MOQ System and re-kit. One base kit and numpad each is enough

Offline ambulated

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 09 March 2021, 19:27:55 »
I like the colors chosen and the novelty art! Appreciate the latin base kit as I don't prefer sublegends. Excited to see this set progress :)

Offline shawnlyx

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 00:39:55 »
I don't know why there's so many kits use katakana sublegends these days. I was interested in this kit until the change to katakana sublegend, there's no practical use of katakana sublegend in daily Japanese typing.

There's a reason Japanese keyboard uses hiragana as a standard sublegend, people type in hiragana 80% of the time.

Offline vndytran

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 00:44:54 »
I don't know why there's so many kits use katakana sublegends these days. I was interested in this kit until the change to katakana sublegend, there's no practical use of katakana sublegend in daily Japanese typing.

There's a reason Japanese keyboard uses hiragana as a standard sublegend, people type in hiragana 80% of the time.

Hi! It was entirely my fault. I was blood thirsty for some katakana, which is now removed.

Offline chung

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 03:02:18 »
<3

Offline dak148

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 09:43:14 »
Please consider all icon mods or all text mods, the mix right now is really jarring.

Offline smackyp

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 09:58:49 »
Great colors. As a ichigo-daifuku "connoisseur" (/s), this is definitely going on my lookout list.

Super-happy that you went back to hiragana sub-legends.

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 10:02:20 »

Hi! It was entirely my fault. I was blood thirsty for some katakana, which is now removed.

Happy to see Hiraganas  :thumb:

Offline vndytran

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 20:18:18 »
Great colors. As a ichigo-daifuku "connoisseur" (/s), this is definitely going on my lookout list.

Super-happy that you went back to hiragana sub-legends.

haha thank you for the feedback!

Offline ImIrish

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 01:56:45 »
I really like the updates you've been doing and I really love this set. I would suggest looking at a set like GMK Metaverse to help with some of the sub legends. There's a few things like there's no small kana of ふ on the 2 key and then you're missing「 」on the brackets as well as a few more on that right side. I appreciate replacing the numpad though with kitting for an alice keyboard and letting someone choose if they want a numpad. the 1.75u r3 ctrl is a nice addition also. It's a hard decision to cut some of the 40s keys but the fact is that most people don't use 40s and it'll help cut down and make your base kit price cheaper and be more appealing to everyone. I would say adding a misc kit that has some of the 40s keys and odd sized keys in general is the best way to go. Keep up the great work and I look forward to the GB to purchase this set.

Offline vndytran

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 02:18:02 »
I really like the updates you've been doing and I really love this set. I would suggest looking at a set like GMK Metaverse to help with some of the sub legends. There's a few things like there's no small kana of ふ on the 2 key and then you're missing「 」on the brackets as well as a few more on that right side. I appreciate replacing the numpad though with kitting for an alice keyboard and letting someone choose if they want a numpad. the 1.75u r3 ctrl is a nice addition also. It's a hard decision to cut some of the 40s keys but the fact is that most people don't use 40s and it'll help cut down and make your base kit price cheaper and be more appealing to everyone. I would say adding a misc kit that has some of the 40s keys and odd sized keys in general is the best way to go. Keep up the great work and I look forward to the GB to purchase this set.

Hi! Thank you so much for the feedback, working on it right now. I am also increasing the visibilities of the sublegends :)

Offline sup3r170va

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 04:47:39 »
Please consider all icon mods or all text mods, the mix right now is really jarring.

I must say, I disagree with this. This design is no different from many other popular sets like 9009, 8008, Bingsu, Botanical, modern dolch etc.

Hi! Thank you so much for the feedback, working on it right now. I am also increasing the visibilities of the sublegends :)

Can I propose you reach out to the designer for GMK inukuma which is running right now? He just made custom hiragana sublegends, which I think are nicer than the ones others are running. If he agrees and u can use his hiragana sublegends, that would be very nice. 

Offline Coneree

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 10:38:58 »
Digging the changes! Looks good and will def cop a Latin base  :thumb:
Current Rotation:
Space65 v2 | Maja Ergo | SC Alice | NK65 Purple | ID80 | Massdrop Alt HP

Offline vndytran

« Reply #70 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 15:44:54 »
Digging the changes! Looks good and will def cop a Latin base  :thumb:
Thanks!! these improvements wouldn't be possible without you guys

Offline ImIrish

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 20:40:15 »
I really love the new alpha color it looks so good. the sub legends also look great now! The dark novelties really pop now with the new strawberry color and it's pleasant on the eyes. I'm not the best for suggestions on actual kitting but if you're able to talk to someone who has had experience running sets I would 100% ask about costs and what's the best way to do what you want with the base kit. I forgot to say this in my last post but you should add an F13 key into one of the kits since more tkl's are coming out with it, specifically the new nk87 and KFE that ran not long ago.

Offline vndytran

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 00:50:07 »
I really love the new alpha color it looks so good. the sub legends also look great now! The dark novelties really pop now with the new strawberry color and it's pleasant on the eyes. I'm not the best for suggestions on actual kitting but if you're able to talk to someone who has had experience running sets I would 100% ask about costs and what's the best way to do what you want with the base kit. I forgot to say this in my last post but you should add an F13 key into one of the kits since more tkl's are coming out with it, specifically the new nk87 and KFE that ran not long ago.

Alrighty, thanks! Struggling between price to the amount of useable keys ratio xD

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 12 March 2021, 07:00:39 »
Still curious about the kimono novelty on R2, just seems completely random?

I think even just doing the same strawberry that is on R2 but in the "strawberry color" would be more coherent.

Offline vndytran

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 17 March 2021, 20:21:23 »
Still curious about the kimono novelty on R2, just seems completely random?

I think even just doing the same strawberry that is on R2 but in the "strawberry color" would be more coherent.
hey! thank you so much for the feedback and sorry for the late reply... we have decided to remove the kimono. Also, we updated our new color guide.. please check it out!

Offline vndytran

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 12:28:34 »
Small update 03/17
Updating some renders, still awaiting for deskmats
Changed from Pantones to Ral, for better GMK matching
Updated pictures of kits
New color guide

Offline Nukz

• ig: nukzak
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 18 March 2021, 15:15:51 »
I like the vibes this set gives me fr! :cool:

Offline vndytran

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 21 March 2021, 11:04:19 »
I like the vibes this set gives me fr! :cool:

xD I try I try

Offline Nerona

Re: [IC] GMK Daifuku - Rework
« Reply #78 on: Sun, 21 March 2021, 12:57:56 »
I LOVE IT!
 :thumb:

Offline ImVeryBored

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 10:44:16 »
"Hiragana to Katakana Sublegends" well that's disappointing :(

Offline vndytran

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 22 March 2021, 11:22:37 »
"Hiragana to Katakana Sublegends" well that's disappointing :(
hey! on our latest update, we removed the katakana long ago!

Offline Belled

• I like shoobs
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 24 March 2021, 17:38:31 »
I am so happy this set is coming, I missed out on gmk darling so this will be my replacement until or if r2 for darling comes out

Offline Trivent

• Trivent Keyboards
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 24 March 2021, 18:19:28 »
Good design but the deskmats may need some more options or serious reworking. There are a lot of good ways to use the strawberry theme and this may not be it IMO

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 25 March 2021, 11:15:05 »
This is really nice, like Darling meets Bingsu. That red bean color is sweet.
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline fromscratchusa

• Keyboard Bag Tailor, I work with Keycap Designers.
    • FromScratch - Mechanical Keyboard Bags
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 25 March 2021, 11:18:07 »
Totally getting this. I wasn’t a fan of the fork, but now the novelties look way better.  :thumb:

Offline EdgeOfInfinity

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 25 March 2021, 17:08:12 »
gf is loving the colors, but i'm not 100% sold on the kitting or novelties. one of those situations where i actually need the numpad (and never rock alice layout).

i'll agree the new novelties are better than b4 but i think a few could still be improved. mainly the heart face key, it just looks a bit misplaced. maybe a non strawberry-related key for some variety? i'll fill out the IC form later tonight  :thumb:

Offline Kookiekurls

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 25 March 2021, 20:11:16 »
I absolutely love these colors! Wow, really incredible work on that part!

I do have... a few, possible requests :)

First is a 1.75u Super key. Mac users really appreciate this very small  addition, because we flip our alt and super keys. Not have a 1.75u super key always makes me sad :(

Second... these deskmats. I feel like they could use some love :)

Third, accent colored Spacebars. That is a really common part of a Spacebars kit that almost every set offers. In general I think you should really just have a Spacebars kit rather than including some of the standard parts in the base kit to reduce the base kit price overall.

As far as hiragana vs Latin... most sets I’ve seen recently offer the alphas as a kit rather than a full second base kit. I would personally suggest hiragana sub legends in the base kit, and offer a Latin alphas kit.

Thank you for designing this incredible set!
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 March 2021, 20:19:09 by Kookiekurls »

Offline vndytran

« Reply #87 on: Thu, 25 March 2021, 21:12:32 »
I absolutely love these colors! Wow, really incredible work on that part!

I do have... a few, possible requests :)

First is a 1.75u Super key. Mac users really appreciate this very small  addition, because we flip our alt and super keys. Not have a 1.75u super key always makes me sad :(

Second... these deskmats. I feel like they could use some love :)

Third, accent colored Spacebars. That is a really common part of a Spacebars kit that almost every set offers. In general I think you should really just have a Spacebars kit rather than including some of the standard parts in the base kit to reduce the base kit price overall.

As far as hiragana vs Latin... most sets I’ve seen recently offer the alphas as a kit rather than a full second base kit. I would personally suggest hiragana sub legends in the base kit, and offer a Latin alphas kit.

Thank you for designing this incredible set!
hey! thank you for your feedback:) are there any specific details that you'd like the deskmats to improve/change?

Offline vndytran

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 16:35:11 »
Totally getting this. I wasn’t a fan of the fork, but now the novelties look way better.  :thumb:

Woohoo, thanks! Yeah, the fork was a huge miss xD

Offline vndytran

Re: [IC] GMK Daifuku - Switch collab
« Reply #89 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 16:35:36 »
Added new Switch Collab

Offline PuddingPug

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 16:45:21 »
Love the colors of this set. Can't wait!

Offline SDKCAMPING

« Reply #91 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 17:07:16 »
The switches are cute, tat is a nice addition.
Blue Gray Ciel 60 with BCPs | E-white 7V (plateless) with Aqua Kings

Offline sup3r170va

« Reply #92 on: Sat, 27 March 2021, 09:14:40 »
Added new Switch Collab

Love the looks of the switches, but I wish u chose a better switch. I’m really not a big fan of non-ink gateron switches. They really aren’t “end game” level. Gateron ink recolour (like the current 8008 inks) or a JWK recolour would have been better in my opinion. Is the choice of switch fixed?

On the keycaps, I wonder if it would cost more to add a 1.75u enter. I know the 1.75u control suffices, but an enter key would be nice(r). I know the minivan layout is already fully supported, but I hope other 40s layout like the one on Adelie is also supported (with the correct key for enter). Thanks!

Offline jewleeuhn

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 13:17:37 »
Loving everything happening with this set tbh. Hope color matching won't be too much of an issue!
Brutal60 | GS6O | IU | Mc65 | 2.0add

Offline vndytran

« Reply #94 on: Sat, 03 April 2021, 17:47:55 »
Loving everything happening with this set tbh. Hope color matching won't be too much of an issue!

Hi! Thanks, hope so too ;O

Offline JunLLWu

Re: [IC] GMK Daifuku - Discord and Collabs announced
« Reply #95 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 02:59:07 »
Any reason why alpha colored tilde in the Hiragana base kit doesn't have Hiragana sublegends?

Offline stephcarry

« Reply #96 on: Sun, 04 April 2021, 08:52:13 »
Super cute set and collabs! :thumb: Would love to see ZionStudios on board as a Philippine vendor too! :D

Offline kwiizu

« Reply #97 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 18:47:33 »
I wish this set come with internatonal set!

Offline allenli1234

« Reply #98 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 08:34:59 »
Any updates on a release date?

Offline dak148

« Reply #99 on: Sat, 15 May 2021, 10:00:55 »
kbdfans has this listed on their website for groupbuy start today (5.15). Is this actually happening today?