Author Topic: Unicorn Vomit Boards!  (Read 142692 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Unicorn Vomit Boards!
« Reply #300 on: Fri, 05 June 2015, 02:12:55 »
:D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #301 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 18:09:24 »
I found this pic of how I had my TK for a while.  I didn't realize this thread existed until today, so I will post it here.

This is unicorn vomit from a crap bag sale.  Because SA profile > coherent legends or homing keys.  This is ugly as sin, but I did like having my own pseudo-homing keys.  The top row 1 and the W key are the only keys on the TKL portion which use a profile besides Row 3 SA.  This was nice for video games.  There are some other Row 1 profiles on the TK, but they are just there because it looked better than using letter legend keys.

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #302 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 03:22:27 »

Show Image

I don't have nearly as many novelty caps as I used to. Only ones with sentimental value. Ignore the potato I wanted to be fast.

Glad my avatar has sentimental value.  A true GHer, you are.  ;)

Offline mdszy

• ayy lmao
    • mdszy
« Reply #303 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 07:44:48 »
Apologies for the potato quality, but here's my "unicorn vomit" which, after seeing these, doesn't seem so bad anymore!

Das Keyboard Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition | Pok3r

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #304 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 22:42:14 »

Show Image

I don't have nearly as many novelty caps as I used to. Only ones with sentimental value. Ignore the potato I wanted to be fast.

Glad my avatar has sentimental value.  A true GHer, you are.  ;)

I'm still waiting for the GB to generate enough interest!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline TemporarilyIdle

« Reply #305 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 12:32:15 »
I almost puked making this, trust me it looks worse in person.  :-X

(Attachment Link)

This is one of, if not my official favorite on this whole thread!

I realize the keycaps are custom, but what kind of keyboard is that, and where can I get one?!

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #306 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 12:34:02 »

(Attachment Link)

I realize the keycaps are custom, but what kind of keyboard is that, and where can I get one?!
Haha thanks! It's a MA42, a custom that my friend and I made. If you'd really like one I can send you the gerbers to have the PCB made. Pm me if you're interested.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #307 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 12:53:32 »

(Attachment Link)

Haha thanks! It's a MA42, a custom that my friend and I made. If you'd really like one I can send you the gerbers to have the PCB made. Pm me if you're interested.

Hmm, what is the price like for a custom PCB?
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #308 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 13:09:35 »

(Attachment Link)

Well we did it through OSH park so it was $47 for the PCB and $15 for components. But OSH park is really expensive for larger boards. PCB Wing will be much cheaper but I'm not sure about the exact cost.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #309 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 13:21:39 »

(Attachment Link)

Well we did it through OSH park so it was $47 for the PCB and $15 for components. But OSH park is really expensive for larger boards. PCB Wing will be much cheaper but I'm not sure about the exact cost.

Thats not bad at all, i was expecting you to say like 100$ or something. I would totally love to see the files for this if you dont mind. Im still in the beginning of learning to solder but i really want to build a smaller 40% type board once i get the hang of it.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #310 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 13:33:16 »

(Attachment Link)

Thats not bad at all, i was expecting you to say like 100$ or something. I would totally love to see the files for this if you dont mind. Im still in the beginning of learning to solder but i really want to build a smaller 40% type board once i get the hang of it.
The MA42 is IMO the best layout on a 40% but if you want a really cool board I have some others in the works that'll be shown later. If you want something a little different than the MA42 I also have the files for the JD45 I did.

I've been thinking about a MA42 GB but I'm not sure how many I'd offer.

Anyone interested?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #311 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 13:41:23 »
All cherry boards are vomit boards
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #312 on: Mon, 14 September 2015, 14:05:17 »

(Attachment Link)

The MA42 is IMO the best layout on a 40% but if you want a really cool board I have some others in the works that'll be shown later. If you want something a little different than the MA42 I also have the files for the JD45 I did.

I've been thinking about a MA42 GB but I'm not sure how many I'd offer.

Anyone interested?

I would be interested for sure. I got a huge spool of solder, some switches and I'm ready to start making some boards :P

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #313 on: Tue, 15 September 2015, 05:41:22 »

(Attachment Link)

Welcome to Geekhack!

This thread does have a certain fascination, doesn't it :))

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #314 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 11:37:42 »
Rowdy has delivered me unto this vat of vom (and I'm still reeling from that realforce, good lord).

Rainbow Crapbag Special layout.

apologies for the crossposting this pic has endured.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #315 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 14:34:18 »

(Attachment Link)

What is the green trans one above the pink GMK esc? Is that a keyng? What about the green one directly to the right of the interstellar bbv2?

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #316 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 14:43:29 »

(Attachment Link)

What is the green trans one above the pink GMK esc? Is that a keyng? What about the green one directly to the right of the interstellar bbv2?

Black diamond dew Keyng V2 and a nubb (don't remember anything about the cap).

The diamond dew was an awesome color. Trans green face, metallic dusted mid layer, trans black base. The cap was either green or teal depending on the angle you looked at it.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #317 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 09:53:30 »
I was a bit bored, so have some vomit.

Offline ice31000

• Just a block of ice on a journey of clacking.
« Reply #318 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 12:15:47 »

Show Image

There's something about the GMK and the Binges that make it less "vomity".
iceyy

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #319 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 12:41:48 »

Show Image

What's that lion next to the Keyngs?

Offline CannabisWeekly

• Tech Nerd / Cannabis Weekly
« Reply #320 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 23:04:46 »

Show Image

I love this look!

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #321 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 23:11:58 »

Show Image

Sooo many Keyngs.  Nice collection, and setup.  I like it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #322 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 04:04:55 »

Show Image

Nice Hapster collection :)

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #323 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 04:09:10 »

Show Image

Pretty sure it's a keyng v1  :thumb:

Offline clochette

« Reply #324 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 04:53:01 »

Show Image

nice vomit?  :))

what board is it btw, WKL?

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #325 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 05:08:09 »

Show Image

nice vomit?  :))

what board is it btw, WKL?

GON Nerd TKL with acrylic housing.

I'm glad you guys like my vomit  <3

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #326 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 09:29:37 »

Show Image

Pretty sure it's a keyng v1  :thumb:

Goddamn the v1 is adorable.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #327 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 14:54:53 »

Show Image

Somnething seems... off

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #328 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 10:16:07 »

My oldest kid found my crap bag caps and I gave her some novelty caps.

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #329 on: Sat, 02 January 2016, 12:57:19 »
Show Image

Looks like a winner to me! :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #330 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 03:06:06 »
Show Image

My daughter had her own collection of keycaps.  I haven't dared give her a keyboard yet!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #331 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 07:57:32 »
Show Image

My daughter had her own collection of keycaps.  I haven't dared give her a keyboard yet!
I'm proud of mine she did this all by herself.

And yeah I didn't really give her the board she just took it haha.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #332 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 09:44:02 »
Show Image

Nice BunnyLakes!

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #333 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 21:27:50 »

:llama:
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #334 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 21:28:34 »
my heart. it weeps :(

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #335 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 21:29:38 »
my heart. it weeps :(

i made this for you
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #336 on: Tue, 16 February 2016, 21:34:19 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #337 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 01:11:53 »
Show Image

:llama:

A good effort :p

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #338 on: Mon, 07 March 2016, 12:37:59 »
Cross post to the more appropriate thread.  :)

Here is a potato of my current work board.

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #339 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 21:25:30 »

Show Image

that looks horrible

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #340 on: Tue, 08 March 2016, 22:32:32 »

Show Image

that looks horrible
Haha. Thanks... :)

Offline axtran

« Reply #341 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 20:24:26 »
Are we still vomiting in this thread? http://imgur.com/a/E0LxI ;)
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #342 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 20:37:51 »

LEDs aren't unicorn vomit 0/10

And nice image tags

Offline axtran

« Reply #343 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 20:39:02 »

LEDs aren't unicorn vomit 0/10

And nice image tags

Hehe, I got rid of all of my grab bag caps so the best I can do is rely on LEDs :(
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #344 on: Wed, 09 March 2016, 20:42:36 »
gotta go with apple on this one, the vomit is in the caps. LEDs get a pass.

Offline THEBADGUY

« Reply #345 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 12:55:41 »
Dont know if you count this as a Unicorn Vomit board.
My Ducky YOTH with some of the caps i got from a grab bag.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #346 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 12:57:36 »
Show Image

Show Image

Hello

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #347 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:07:32 »
Show Image

Show Image

ISO YOTH? What switches you got in there?
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline THEBADGUY

« Reply #348 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:08:13 »
Show Image

Show Image

MX Green :)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #349 on: Fri, 25 March 2016, 13:10:05 »
Show Image

Show Image

MX Green :)

Nice. I'm running whites on mine. I wish I had gone with greens, but meh. Do you have Granite DSA on there usually?
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin