Author Topic: Keycap for Novatouch'd HHKB  (Read 2043 times)

Offline misconceit

Keycap for Novatouch'd HHKB
« on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 03:34:17 »
Hi geeks I'm looking for keycaps for my Novatouch modded HHKB,
having trouble finding a set with R3 Control(Capslock) and 6u spacebar(which I can find on pimpmykeyboard and maxkeyboard sold separately).
Any recommendation on which set i could possibly get for it with correctly printed legends?
If possible I prefer PBT and doubleshot :D
HHKB Pro 2 Type-S   
HHKB Pro 2

Offline Fullcream

Re: Keycap for Novatouch'd HHKB
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 04:39:22 »
Hello!
One thing to remember is that shallower profiles like DCS and Cherry don't work very well on a HHKB with Novatouch sliders, because of the topre housings there is not much clearance and in my experience cherry or DCS profile caps will bottom out on the keycap and it destroys the whole experience. You can stop the bottoming out if you use o-rings but that shortens your keystroke.

Offline misconceit

Re: Keycap for Novatouch'd HHKB
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 27 February 2016, 05:16:45 »
Hello!
One thing to remember is that shallower profiles like DCS and Cherry don't work very well on a HHKB with Novatouch sliders, because of the topre housings there is not much clearance and in my experience cherry or DCS profile caps will bottom out on the keycap and it destroys the whole experience. You can stop the bottoming out if you use o-rings but that shortens your keystroke.
I'm planning to get a set of GMK's and add the silencing rings sold on eBay, hope it works out :'(
HHKB Pro 2 Type-S   
HHKB Pro 2