Author Topic: [IC] Cities Street  (Read 3511 times)

Offline Tim.TheNeonFrog

[IC] Cities Street
« on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 10:53:37 »
Hi Everyone ! I am Tim , this is my first time ever attempt to design keycaps , the design inspiration come form street in Hong Kong , i really like this design myself and i hope everyone else like this design as much as i do !

I will keep on updating this post as soon a has new render image or design changes

IC FORM

Base(Partial)
306239-0
306241-1

Novelties
306243-2
306245-3

A BIG Thank You to everyone that stay until this part , if you have any suggestion or comment , feel free to spell it out weather in the IC FORM or here , I will keep track of the comment and reply to them as much as i can

« Last Edit: Tue, 20 February 2024, 10:59:07 by Tim.TheNeonFrog »

Offline cthalupa

Re: [IC] Cities Street
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 20:51:57 »
edit: this thread got absolutely nuked while I was longposting. Leaving just the useful parts.

Being passionate about a design is the most important part in getting started. It will continue to be important in maintaining standards, seeing the project through to completion, etc. But there's a lot of other steps. https://github.com/nopunin10did/keycap-designers-guide is a bit out of date at this point, but it's still probably the most up-to-date/complete guide at this point in time. I'd recommend reading through it and discounting anything that seems to be time-bound to 2021 or so.

I'd also really recommend spending some time learning Blender, and I'd also contemplate picking up Keyboard Render Kit 2 - https://imperfectlink.gumroad.com/l/KRK2 - it will provide you with professionally modeled keycaps, boards to place them on, etc., all in a workflow optimized for keycap set designers.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 February 2024, 20:53:52 by cthalupa »

Offline pelfox

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 20:56:15 »
TIMFROG you need to flesh out your idea a little more, the audience you will find in this forum craves for more than what you showed so far. we have to understand better where you're coming from so please explain the rationale behind the colorway and what exactly you are trying to achieve. you just mentioned that this is based on "streets of Hong Kong" but as someone that lived in Hong Kong for almost two decades I can tell you that I don't really recognize this. all I see is the color of a generic brick. ask yourself if what you're showing us is something people would like to sport on their keyboards, some of your novelties feel a bit lackluster, let's be frank how many people out there would like to feature a manhole or a brick being laid on their keyboards? I think the colorway and theme you are proposing has potential but you have to work on the finer details. you have to think not just for yourself, but for all of us who'd be interested in the set, you will need hundreds of people to rally behind you in order to make this happen otherwise you should just look for a company to make you a one off set. entertain us with your idea and hopefully you willl find people to support it
en boca cerrada no entran moscas

Offline Tim.TheNeonFrog

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 22:00:58 »
Thank for the advice  ! I have receive lot of suggestion and comment in different way these days , i am currently working on polishing the design and  revamping it , will definitely update the post when i finish those changes !

Offline keepoto

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 20 February 2024, 23:15:59 »
looks cool as a proof of concept IC - just remember to flesh out the details (e.g. proper kitting renders, material / manu / dyesub vs doubleshot etc, maybe board renders and colour chips) as you progress

Offline Owl

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 21 February 2024, 08:50:42 »
Not sure why my post got deleted during the nuke...

Anyway to summarize what I said before, I like bricks and think the idea has a ton of potential, start with finding the colors you want to use in a color system like Pantone or RAL. This is, in my opinion, your next step for your design.

Offline Tim.TheNeonFrog

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 22 February 2024, 05:08:37 »
Thanks ! I just get myself keyboard render kit ,will tried to getting the hang of it , also i have few idea for revamping the novelties , working on it now , but die to my old graphic card , i am struggling to get the render done , maybe after this weekend after I got my new graphic card then i can put out some better render and kitting !