Author Topic: My blue switch space key gets stuck on its way up. Shall I lube? Lube suggestion  (Read 2129 times)

Offline poopeejohnson

My blue switch space key gets stuck on its way up. This happened after I used isopropyl alcohol on it to fix key chatter. I think it's best for me to use lube. I know that it would ruin the click but I've heard that low viscosity lubes won't affect it that much and at least it's better than it being stuck. I have confirmed that it's not my spacebar keycap since the problem still occurs with the keycap off. I don't want to solder/desolder anything so I think using lube with a paintbrush would be better. I've heard that I should use krytox gpl 105 as it as low viscosity, are there any cheaper alternatives? And how much grams/millilitres is enough for one appliance and maybe a few other appliances in the future if the problem persists? Thanks!

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
Perhaps I'm too old-school, but I would just spend the money to replace a problem switch, rather than spending the money on lube -- particularly if you like the way your blues feel without lube.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)