geekhack Community > Ergonomics

Project:Kinesis destruction

(1/10) > >>

Lanx:
i was throwing around the idea of playing with a topre, but just seems far reaching for now, i will go ahead and just finish my V2 ms ergo4k mod in late september, and after that i want to play around with a kinesis.
Course i'm gonna gut it up, and i guess sorta make it into some kind of mash up, i probably won't even keep the controller, i notice in a lot of kinesis mods ppl really try to keep the original controller around, since i've already decoded a g15, i'll just buy a used one and take that controller (and i don't want to deal with a new teesy).

i'll be reading up on the mods from you guys, mainly i'm interested in the deep concave of it, guess i'll be hitting up ebay and see what nuggets i find.
*note* don't expect anything for a long time, lol this is like already a "backburner" project.

sordna:
Good project! Were you thinking to put flat PCB's in those keywells, or keep the switches in the bowl arrangement? I'd love to try a Kinesis where the keys are recessed in the case like it is now, but the keys in each section are laid flat. The 2 flat sections should be angled in relationship to each other of course (tented).

Lanx:
what's the terminology for keywells? i've seen it in your' and IN's mods is that the thumb area?

i was thinking about basically cutting out the 2 concave parts, angling them a bit center and giving them an incline towards the middle. But i don't know how that's all gonna be until i "get a kinesis" in my hands and see it heh.
oh and i would "extend" the right side with regular 6x2(home,insert,pgdn etc) and arrow keys along with return/backspace yea i know whats the point of the kinesis then?

sordna:
Keywells are the concave areas, also known as bowls, that contain most of the keys (letters/numbers/etc).

Lanx:
ah ok, well imo the one great thing about the kinesis is the concave area so that's the main i'd be modding it would be to have a concave format. (i guess they're called wells cuz it's like a physical well?) I might actually get this started soon, didn't know InputN sold stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version