geekhack Marketplace > HKP Memory

2015 Christmas Giveaway !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ""WINNERS ANNOUNCED""

<< < (2/22) > >>

tigersharkdude:
on the 24th, there will be a ton of cooking at my house

on the 25th, after we open gifts there will be a number of family members coming over for a party

on the 26th, yours truly is having a birthday

ROFLmonstar:
Grandparents are coming from abroad, been a few years since they've visited. Just the normal dinner with the entire family all in one place.

RELLIK:
Ill be going to my Aunt/Uncles Christmas with the fam. Ill prolly crass over, watch Die Hard, drink lots f egg nog and oh yeah, exchange gifts. ^_^
Cheers Martin  :thumb:

Zanduby:
The family and I usually go and pick a family from a tree at our local rec center who needs help with Christmas, go buy them the things they need. We try and do this we in advance of Christmas to make sure it gets to them. We have our family picked this year, but haven't been able to get out shopping for them yet. Hopefully this weekend.

Then 2 days before Christmas we spend the day with my grandmother, usually talking about history stuff or playing cards. Then we have a dinner with all of our family members. During Thanksgiving we usually draw names of another family member to buy a present for, and then exchange these gifts during this dinner.

Then the day before Christmas we host my wife's family members over, her brother and his family come over in the afternoon. We will either go sledding or go see a movie, then again, have a big dinner and then exchange gifts between the kids.

Christmas day we do the usual, presents in the morning, breakfast, then it's up to the kids what we do during the day. Play with toys, video games, sometimes we will go skiing. Then in the afternoon  we go to my parents house for more food.

Starting last year a couple friends and I spend the day after brewing beer all day, we will be doing that again this year.

It's not much, but I am super thankful that I have the ability and health to be able to do this every year.

Fire Brand:
I shall be spending Christmas in Spain this year with my family as a holiday, only the second time I have ever been away from home at Christmas so its still a bit odd, but at least I'm with my family :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version