Author Topic: [IC] GMK Nord (GB June 10th)  (Read 260298 times)

Offline Solotov

Re: [IC] GMK Nord
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 22:48:23 »
In for that beautiful white deskmat  :thumb:
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline rondg

« Reply #151 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 23:47:47 »
No 1.5 Alt, Ctrl in R4 novelty kit?

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

« Reply #152 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 01:00:26 »
100% in for base and novelties

This looks fantastic. Love the small base kit, and the novelty kit too.

I agree with this though, would like to see 1.5s for WKL which is pretty popular these days.
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 August 2019, 01:04:01 by AlcoholEnthusiast »

Offline code atom

« Reply #153 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 01:19:39 »
Absolutely in, this is one of my favorite editor themes!

Offline Starston3

[IC] GMK Nord
« Reply #154 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 01:20:09 »
While I appreciated that the Novelties kits is bottom row icon mods I would like it to be more comprehensive for those that prefer Tsangan layout (and on a Mac).

The “Modern Kit” from Modern Dolch is a good example 

Offline Gtrx

« Reply #155 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 03:21:52 »
Where's otho support and 40% support?

Seems like there is enough interest for a 40%/assembly kit. I guess it's time to add an assembly kit...

Offline guzzi

« Reply #156 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 06:08:14 »
While I appreciated that the Novelties kits is bottom row icon mods I would like it to be more comprehensive for those that prefer Tsangan layout (and on a Mac).

Show Image

yeah this set definately needs an icon hhkb control. Preferably in the base kit, although it probably makes more sense in the novelty kit

Offline Gtrx

« Reply #157 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 06:56:39 »

Show Image

yeah this set definately needs an icon hhkb control. Preferably in the base kit, although it probably makes more sense in the novelty kit

I'll address this in the next update, thanks for the feedback and stay tuned!

Offline honoka

« Reply #158 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 08:02:29 »
I really like it  :thumb:

Note that the Norde kit also fits Swedish. OP does not mention that.

Offline Fried Doggy

« Reply #159 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 12:37:38 »
I LUV IT,  im in however it would be nice to consider a novelty kit with more differentiation. Maybe something similar to gmk dracula ERR module would be nice

Offline Gtrx

« Reply #160 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 14:08:45 »
I LUV IT,  im in however it would be nice to consider a novelty kit with more differentiation. Maybe something similar to gmk dracula ERR module would be nice

Honestly, I'm trying to keep the kit small and to not branch out into 2 or 3 different kits.

Offline Gtrx

« Reply #161 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 16:00:45 »
I really like it  :thumb:

Note that the Norde kit also fits Swedish. OP does not mention that.
oops, forgot to mention it. Thanks for pointing this out!

Offline 8BitDuck

« Reply #162 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 18:35:57 »
Will you be adding UK ISO to the NorDeUk kit?

Offline GraffitiDecos

« Reply #163 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 18:47:10 »
Really like the deskmats.
Disappointed with the Numpad seperation. Savings *might* be 10$ a set. But Numpad kits will probably cost 30-45$.
VoC, nines, Voyage, etc. Numpad included for prices between 115$-130$ and so far the only set without Numpad below this is 9009 at 99$.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline kidpid

« Reply #164 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 19:15:36 »
Disappointed with the Numpad seperation. Savings *might* be 10$ a set. But Numpad kits will probably cost 30-45$.
VoC, nines, Voyage, etc. Numpad included for prices between 115$-130$ and so far the only set without Numpad below this is 9009 at 99$.

Minimal and Jamon were both at $100. Peach Blossom will be at $100. If we look at the numbers for Minimal from Dixie less than a third of the purchasers (204/681 -- 30%) bought the numpad. Honestly, I think it's a little selfish to ask the large majority pay $15-$30 more for the base kit because the minority doesn't want to spend an extra $10.

Offline Fried Doggy

« Reply #165 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 19:48:07 »
Is there any chance there will be a kit with different accents on the spacebar and escape key?
And are there any dates of when GB might happen?
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 August 2019, 20:18:35 by Fried Doggy »

Offline GraffitiDecos

« Reply #166 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 19:51:29 »

Minimal and Jamon were both at $100. Peach Blossom will be at $100. If we look at the numbers for Minimal from Dixie less than a third of the purchasers (204/681 -- 30%) bought the numpad. Honestly, I think it's a little selfish to ask the large majority pay $15-$30 more for the base kit because the minority doesn't want to spend an extra $10.
I'm not trying to be selfish, just an observation. I didn't have the info minimal, peach and jamon. Thanks for that.
However, if we argue that Numpad users didn't just buy Numpads, the that means 204 of 681 helped MOQ. When Numpad users get fed up of paying more to have Numpad support and just wait out sets that included it for a reasonable price, MOQ maybe become hard to hit depending on thresholds. Also, if prices are dependent on certain levels of buys, that again will negatively impact prices.

Just sayin'

Offline kidpid

« Reply #167 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 20:15:42 »
]I'm not trying to be selfish, just an observation. I didn't have the info minimal, peach and jamon. Thanks for that.
However, if we argue that Numpad users didn't just buy Numpads, the that means 204 of 681 helped MOQ. When Numpad users get fed up of paying more to have Numpad support and just wait out sets that included it for a reasonable price, MOQ maybe become hard to hit depending on thresholds. Also, if prices are dependent on certain levels of buys, that again will negatively impact prices.

Just sayin'

The same could be said about those that don't want a numpad. As base kits without numpads become more popular it may be harder for people to justify spending extra for base kits that include them, thus negatively impacting MOQ just the same.
« Last Edit: Mon, 19 August 2019, 21:58:18 by kidpid »

« Reply #168 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 21:34:45 »
Just wanted to say I appreciate the removal of numpads. Love seeing the cheap base kits!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #169 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 21:56:58 »

Extremely well said.

Offline derPuntigamer

• NorDe is nonnegotiable
« Reply #170 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 05:41:14 »
I love the updated look and the novelty kit! If the NorDe kit reaches MOQ I am definetely in! One more question/suggestion: did you consider center aligned modifier icons (as in https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=101623.0)? I like that look way more than the top aligned icons.

Offline Gtrx

« Reply #171 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 07:30:33 »
I love the updated look and the novelty kit! If the NorDe kit reaches MOQ I am definetely in! One more question/suggestion: did you consider center aligned modifier icons (as in https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=101623.0)? I like that look way more than the top aligned icons.

that's an interesting idea...

Offline Gtrx

« Reply #172 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 07:33:14 »
Is there any chance there will be a kit with different accents on the spacebar and escape key?
And are there any dates of when GB might happen?

I tried some renders with colored spacebars and accents on esc and enter. It didn't look good. GB is planned around november-december. Basically late q4 2019

Offline Gtrx

« Reply #173 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 07:54:44 »

Will add them :)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #174 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 08:02:10 »

that's an interesting idea...
A poll for alignment is recommended. I have read divided comments on this feature at the 9009 R3 thread.

Offline Nvmbra

« Reply #175 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 10:32:29 »
Are you set on the colors? I would love to see a render of the set but with Snow Storm colored legends instead of Frost.

And a monochrome set would do this set really good imo because it already has muted colors.
I think MOQ should be easily possible with the other IDE themed sets running them too.

+1 for more compatibility in the Novelty kit and aligned mod icons too!

Offline Gtrx

« Reply #176 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 12:00:33 »
Are you set on the colors? I would love to see a render of the set but with Snow Storm colored legends instead of Frost.

And a monochrome set would do this set really good imo because it already has muted colors.
I think MOQ should be easily possible with the other IDE themed sets running them too.

I tried snow storm for alpha lettering. It didn't look good. I might include a monochrome set...

Offline GRWLKG

« Reply #177 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 17:04:45 »

I tried snow storm for alpha lettering. It didn't look good. I might include a monochrome set...

Monochrome set would be awesome!

Offline te_dulce

« Reply #178 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 18:29:45 »
I've bee very keen on this set ever since your first reddit post. It's like if you took Oblivion and made it more blue and replaced those silly text only mods with icon mods, and those are both positives in my opinion!  :thumb:

LightningXI gave a lot of great feedback, but I'd also like to mention specifically for me alpha colored spacebars are a must (if not in the base kit, maybe in another) and R5 bottom row would be nice to see as well.
R5 bottom row would be pretty cool ;)
I would love a R5 bottom row

Offline rondg

« Reply #179 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 19:19:10 »
Please consider R0 for the top/function row.  ;D

Offline SUB01

« Reply #180 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 01:58:07 »
If splitting the base kit will bring the base kit cost down to 100, then I'm all for it. Most customs are tkl or 60%s anyway.

Offline Azza

« Reply #181 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 05:59:36 »
Put in my interest.   Love the theme.

Offline krisst

« Reply #182 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 15:15:01 »
It's funny how times have changed, a few years back, when GMK Carbon R1 was on Massdrop, base kit which includes numpad, etc, was able to reach under 100 bucks. IMO, base kit should always fit full size keyboard. If we go on splitting keysets into more kits, GMK keycaps will soon be like SA keycaps groupbuy, alpha kits, modifier kits, etc.

I have been watching this set since IC started, was interested because of the colourway and lack of "too many kits" syndrome. Not interested in other similar keycaps like Dracula, etc.

I will have to reconsider when the gb runs. Maybe my wallet will be fatter.

Offline forelsket

« Reply #183 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 00:31:27 »
i'm in for the deskmat alone <3

Offline break

« Reply #184 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 01:49:58 »
It's funny how times have changed, a few years back, when GMK Carbon R1 was on Massdrop, base kit which includes numpad, etc, was able to reach under 100 bucks.

I can't find GMK Carbon R1 on Massdrop, but R2 seemingly barely hit 250 MOQ on base kit and priced out at $160. https://drop.com/buy/gmk-carbon-custom-keycap-set?mode=guest_open

If GMK Nord goes up against GMK Dracula, icon mods + lower price will differentiate it enough so that it hits MOQ. No numpad means 17 fewer keys in the base kit. GMK Vaporwave, with custom colors and a numpad, sold for $125 - this will hopefully price at $100-110 without a numpad.

I'm still on the fence for my Q4 purchase but this is super interesting!
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 August 2019, 01:53:54 by breakbeatzors »

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #185 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 03:35:27 »
Have there been a open discussion yet about a monotone mod set?  :cool:

Btw, you support Swedish too in your the Norde kit :thumb:

Offline SUB01

« Reply #186 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 04:11:52 »
Any word on pricing? At least when pricing will be available?

Offline Oni74

« Reply #187 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 08:38:08 »
Just wanted to say I appreciate the removal of numpads. Love seeing the cheap base kits!
I second this. I'm definitely in now that the designer has listened to the community and made this change. I wish other designers would listen to the community!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Offline Gtrx

« Reply #188 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 09:32:09 »
I'm planning a late q4 release (around November) Nord and dracula going at the same time would be bad for both keysets.

Offline bpremo

« Reply #189 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 13:56:10 »
very interested!

Offline krisst

« Reply #190 on: Sat, 24 August 2019, 16:25:26 »
It's funny how times have changed, a few years back, when GMK Carbon R1 was on Massdrop, base kit which includes numpad, etc, was able to reach under 100 bucks.

I can't find GMK Carbon R1 on Massdrop, but R2 seemingly barely hit 250 MOQ on base kit and priced out at $160. https://drop.com/buy/gmk-carbon-custom-keycap-set?mode=guest_open

If GMK Nord goes up against GMK Dracula, icon mods + lower price will differentiate it enough so that it hits MOQ. No numpad means 17 fewer keys in the base kit. GMK Vaporwave, with custom colors and a numpad, sold for $125 - this will hopefully price at $100-110 without a numpad.

https://drop.com/buy/17923 Here is the link from my past transaction. Might need to add "?mode=guest_open" for anyone without massdrop account.
https://i.imgur.com/A4B6772.jpg My transaction for Carbon R1 base kit. 99.99 bucks includes numpad.

My guess is the conversion rate have changed, USD to EUR.

Probably never going to see a base kit with numpad under 100 anymore.

Offline shenan97

« Reply #191 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 13:32:26 »
when can we expect the next update on this? I'm really interested in this

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #192 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 14:03:38 »

https://drop.com/buy/17923 Here is the link from my past transaction. Might need to add "?mode=guest_open" for anyone without massdrop account.
https://i.imgur.com/A4B6772.jpg My transaction for Carbon R1 base kit. 99.99 bucks includes numpad.

Do you know how many base kits it sold?

Drop generally has the ability to get lower prices because they have a much wider reach and are able to sell more. More sold = lower price.

Additionally, Carbon R1 had a lot less competition, whereas nowadays you get about 6 GMK sets in one month.

Offline vegs

« Reply #193 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 06:41:59 »
Looking forward to this :thumb:
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline krisst

« Reply #194 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 14:04:47 »

Do you know how many base kits it sold?

Drop generally has the ability to get lower prices because they have a much wider reach and are able to sell more. More sold = lower price.

Additionally, Carbon R1 had a lot less competition, whereas nowadays you get about 6 GMK sets in one month.

As I recall, GMK Carbon R1 is one of the first to make it over 1k order, for base kit alone. Also back then, there were price drop tier, more order placed, the lower the price drop. 99 for it was the lowest it can go for base kit. We do not get these tier prices anymore, its 1 price no matter how many sets sold. In a way, sellers get to profit more as order increases. Although I am not sure what is the exact deal with GMK currently, maybe no more tier prices from GMK.

And yes, I agree that lately, every month have way more sets than in the past. This community is growing though. Until we see any of the GMK groupbuy starting to fail again, GMK groupbuy per month might stay this way, multiple every month. We need more manufacturer to step up. Designers to use other manufacturer and keycap profile.

As a buyer, its good time for us, we have more selection now and we can be more picky about which groupbuy to support.

I am sure GMK Nord will sell well. Just want to make sure everyone understand most of the non-custom keyboard community still prefer full size keyboard. To get them to spice up their keebs, please as much as possible, let the base kit support full size. This will help grow the community.

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #195 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 14:58:32 »
As I recall, GMK Carbon R1 is one of the first to make it over 1k order, for base kit alone. Also back then, there were price drop tier, more order placed, the lower the price drop. 99 for it was the lowest it can go for base kit. We do not get these tier prices anymore, its 1 price no matter how many sets sold. In a way, sellers get to profit more as order increases. Although I am not sure what is the exact deal with GMK currently, maybe no more tier prices from GMK.
Drop still offers price tiers, as the way they process their payments allows it (payment at end of GB). Other vendors aren't able to offer them as easily, as they take payment at time of order - price tiers would involve manually partially refunding every order.

« Reply #196 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 15:11:38 »
I second this. I'm definitely in now that the designer has listened to the community and made this change. I wish other designers would listen to the community!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Agreed, happy to see that taken off. Very interested to see what pricing ends up being on this though.

Still hoping to see 1.5u/1u modifiers in the novelty kit though, since many of my boards are WKL.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 August 2019, 15:13:53 by AlcoholEnthusiast »

Offline rondg

« Reply #197 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 19:53:36 »
Still hoping to see 1.5u/1u modifiers in the novelty kit though, since many of my boards are WKL.

Agree on the 1.5u.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #198 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 21:27:47 »

Agree on the 1.5u.
Would need them as well. OP silence may mean that he is considering them, or not?  :p

Offline Gtrx

« Reply #199 on: Wed, 28 August 2019, 02:32:53 »
The novelty kit will be updated to support tsangan :)