Author Topic: [GB] KAT Monochrome  (Read 66175 times)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
Re: [GB] KAT Monochrome
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 16:38:17 »
Is there a possibility I can pick up a BoW (and/or WoB) Icon/Text Ortho kit? I forgot to pick one up.

I'm in the same situation. BoW Icon Ortho. Hoping to avoid aftermarket flipper-fest. >_<

Unfortunately I didn't pick one up myself so I can't help you guys out here :( 16 extras Ortho kits were picked up by vendors, so there will be extras, hopefully you can get in on those :)

Got samples in on Friday and finally had some time to take a picture or two:

Comparative picture next to unused black keys from my own GMK Monochrome set:

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 29 November 2020, 23:51:11 »
That's some good dark black right there. I like it!

Offline Animatedron

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 05:28:43 »
Wow those samples look great.  :thumb: Cannot wait to get them on my board!

Offline Aquilla

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 20 May 2021, 15:46:10 »
aaaah i missed the GB. Really hope I can get a hold of the monochrome kits

Offline abucazu

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 11:10:09 »
I just found out this GB :'( Will be possible to get kits in the future somehow?

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 04 June 2021, 11:12:47 »
I just found out this GB :'( Will be possible to get kits in the future somehow?

Hello there!

Yes :) All vendors will have extra and a R2 is "planned" (will happen once R1 is all shipped) to allow people that missed or elected not to go in because we were going dyesub to pick up the kits they need (we switched - or well, that is still pending samples, to double-shot after keyreative announced they were allowing designers to do so).

Offline Binyu

• Art Commissions
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 20:13:32 »
Any updates?

Offline Aquilla

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 04:54:33 »

Hello there!

Yes :) All vendors will have extra and a R2 is "planned" (will happen once R1 is all shipped) to allow people that missed or elected not to go in because we were going dyesub to pick up the kits they need (we switched - or well, that is still pending samples, to double-shot after keyreative announced they were allowing designers to do so).

So that means double-shot PBT KAT for Rev.2? god damn yes please

Offline Whax

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 22:29:14 »
@JSaintS

Any update ? :)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 06:01:34 »
Any updates?

@JSaintS

Any update ? :)

Sorry for the long silence in here; I've posted a little bit more on my discord server. That said, there is little to no update right now as we are waiting for double shot samples. As I have mentioned on Discord, I did the same as Ren did for Mizu, I requested a full keyset (at least 60/80%) as sample to make sure everything is A-OK before fully committing to double-shot (although honestly double-shot makes the most sense for this keyset as the goal has always been to get the blackest black possible). I am hoping the samples will be produced this month and I hope to have them in hand this as late as august, but I'll keep you guys updated :)

I got a couple of pictures of samples earlier in June but got asked not to share them because they were still tweaking them (and that was only for a couple of keys, not a full keyset) - that said, the black and white looked really nice, but I'll wait to get samples in hand before giving my final judgment.

Hello there!

So that means double-shot PBT KAT for Rev.2? god damn yes please

That indeed means double-shot PBT KAT for R2, but let's not make plans so far away in the future ;) I first want to have R1 in hand and shipped to all GB participants :)

Offline Whax

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 17 July 2021, 01:15:27 »
Thanks for the reply, can't wait to see that ! :)

Offline criskoe

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 09 August 2021, 11:46:06 »
Starting my very first build ever. And now absolutely have my heart set on these as my very first keycap set! I Sure hope Im able to pick up a "extras" set from one of the vendors cause im really really late to the party. LMAO...

Offline megabacon

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 04:09:52 »
Any updates on this?

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 06 January 2022, 14:01:09 »
Keyreative shared their estimated KAT/KAM production schedule - https://en.zfrontier.com/blogs/project-updates/keyreative-keyset-progress-report

Offline shadowkhas

« Reply #64 on: Tue, 26 July 2022, 12:48:31 »
Do we know if the manufacturing got pushed at all from the last update in January or are things still going as planned?

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 26 July 2022, 13:43:14 »
Do we know if the manufacturing got pushed at all from the last update in January or are things still going as planned?

I have been notified that the new doubleshot samples have been sent to the designer and waiting for feedback.
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline jammiiew

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 19 October 2022, 09:24:23 »
Keyreative shared their estimated KAT/KAM production schedule - https://en.zfrontier.com/blogs/project-updates/keyreative-keyset-progress-report

Show Image

that's doubleshot now, nice. cant wait for another KAT keysets with doubleshot.

Offline Adalgis

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 06 April 2023, 14:01:51 »
Could we have an update on the production status? We are well past the timeline posted on zFrontier.

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 06 April 2023, 14:10:39 »
Could we have an update on the production status? We are well past the timeline posted on zFrontier.

All US orders were fulfilled as of March 29.
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 06 April 2023, 14:20:41 »

All US orders were fulfilled as of March 29.

As Popkorn said, all US orders have been fulfilled; as far as I know orders made on zFrontier should be fulfilled as well, which leaves EU, UK and CA. I am not sure what the status for CA is, but I know mykeyboard.eu has not received the keycaps yet, orders have thus not been fulfilled. I am unsure what the status for UK and CA is, but I have asked each vendor and will report as soon as I know :)

Edit 1: I got confirmation from Prototypist that all GB orders have been fulfilled.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 April 2023, 14:24:45 by JSaintS »

Offline Adalgis

« Reply #70 on: Thu, 06 April 2023, 15:53:07 »
Thanks for the prompt replies! I am in EU and was unaware that other distributors had already shipped their orders.

Offline belerian

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 21 May 2023, 02:10:04 »
Is R2 still in consideration?

Offline djodars

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 25 July 2023, 11:34:42 »
Is R2 still in consideration?

This set is STILL unfulfilled at least in Canada so I doubt they're thinking about a 2nd round lol