Author Topic: Marijuana, It's probably Fine..  (Read 45666 times)

Offline yui

Re: Marijuana, It's probably Fine..
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 09:26:39 »
although now the question is, is Marijuana a vegetable? :) and if so would TP stance on it would change?
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 10:01:11 »
It is a plant of many uses.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 10:04:25 »
although now the question is, is Marijuana a vegetable? :) and if so would TP stance on it would change?

Strategically marijuana proliferation is among the dumbest things that's affected america.

Everything costs something. The cost of marijuana is TIME and Productivity. You take a regular human being, dope him up, see how well he works.  This is only going to acclerate the decline of american excellence.

The only argument for marijuana is if we say, well you have to create this blue collar workforce somehow. As statistically most kids who do weed before highschool end up dropouts.

Tp4 is not convinced this blue collar human workforce is necessary given what automation and AI is becoming.  This ploy is far more likely to be a net loss in competitiveness of american businesses.

Offline DELLA KEY

• Formerly 'AFA STUDIO'
« Reply #103 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 21:12:17 »
I'm a country where marijuana is banned, but it must be a really fascinating product... I definitely want to experience it.  :eek:
But I saw that analysis very well.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 April 2021, 21:13:56 by AFA STUDIO »

Offline cthalupa

« Reply #104 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 01:51:45 »
Honestly the exact same can be said about underage kids who smoke cigarettes. They were, in my experience, almost always trouble makers or slackers.
So it's not the cannabis per se I don't believe.

They're both not good.   neuro development does not complete until ~ age 25.

Imagine installing windows, and the the CPU is hit by enough system interrupts such that it copies the wrong code to disk.

SOME systems might come out ok if the damage is fringe code,  but others can end up inoperable.

During OS-Installation, Tp4 always underclocks the CPU and makes sure the minimum amount of components are connected as well as disabling non-essential motherboard functions .

That's not how interrupts work. And OS installs for all modern versions of Windows, OSX, almost all Linux and BSD distros verify file integrity via checksums. Interrupts are workload driven as well, so an underclocked CPU is just going to handle the interrupts slower, so the overall level of CPU contention is going to remain the same.

Anyway, I didn't smoke pot regularly until my mid 20s, so I can't really talk about any effects it would have had on me if I had started younger, but it's never impacted my ability to hold down a white collar job in a competitive industry.

Offline yui

« Reply #105 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 01:53:41 »
frankly all the peoples i know/knew who took marijuana did it because it was illegal just to do something illegal, i am not sure if legalization would increase the numbers, and alcohol have rather similar effects on time and productivity, so if alcohol is legal i do not see why marijuana isn't, works both way, to me both should be treated as equal.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 04:06:19 »
frankly all the peoples i know/knew who took marijuana did it because it was illegal just to do something illegal, i am not sure if legalization would increase the numbers, and alcohol have rather similar effects on time and productivity, so if alcohol is legal i do not see why marijuana isn't, works both way, to me both should be treated as equal.

Yep, I think so too.
Mary Jane having less impact on actual body, should be legalised - alcohol has bigger impact, very unhealthy, where MJ is all good for you:)

Imagine all that money form taxes etc government could gain from ligal MJ sale.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 16:45:07 »
We have more weed than anyone else here, and it's fine.

It's like you said, it's legal here, so it's not so cool for kids to get into. It's just kinda, meh. It's mostly for the tourists.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline NoteMakoti

• for sale, baby shoes, never worn
« Reply #108 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 18:14:44 »

It's like you said, it's legal here, so it's not so cool for kids to get into. It's just kinda, meh. It's mostly for the tourists.
You're gonna hit the blunt once and start seeing the world in imperial units.

Offline yui

« Reply #109 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 03:07:48 »

is it the secret to understanding and working with those?

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #110 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 04:07:27 »

is it the secret to understanding and working with those?
Yo, like, dude. Like, feet and inches, man. Like, gallons and like, pounds, dude.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #111 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 09:56:14 »
Still don't understand why 'Murica is so tied up into using "Freedom" units for measurements, Metric system is soo much easier in the long run (and more accurate).  So being that I am American, do I see in Metric instead of Imperial/Freedom units? 

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #112 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 10:15:13 »
It's funny, liquid measure made the switch quickly, in certain areas, back in the 1970s when there was the first serious concerted push to change over.

I started school in 1958 and finished school in 1976, and there was talk of a changeover - in the near future - for most of that time, especially the latter part.

The actual answer is the  installed base / sunk cost  dilemma.

And as the old saying goes: "The only thing that people hate more than the status quo is change."

But to your point, yes I can think in metric measure but it takes a bit of effort.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 10:22:07 »
metric vs imp is a political debate.

Offline NoteMakoti

• for sale, baby shoes, never worn
« Reply #114 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 13:57:10 »
This debate is relevant to the thread, because weed is sold in ounces AND grams.  :confused:

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #115 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 13:58:24 »
the weight is all over the place on it depending.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 18:19:28 »

marijuana is not as bad as the masses are presenting it.

I don't think that anyone should be denied "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" including pretty much any form of intoxication - in the comfort and safety of his own home.

But all those people who get hammered - away from home - and then feel compelled to drive home (@ midnight when you would be sleepy anyway?) are a menace to themselves and everyone who crosses their paths.

In my opinion, a "slightly drunk" driver is probably better than a "slightly stoned" driver, but after a few more the table would tilt the other way.

Stay off the road when intoxicated. PLEASE ?
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline phinix

« Reply #117 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 02:37:09 »

I don't think that anyone should be denied "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" including pretty much any form of intoxication - in the comfort and safety of his own home.

But all those people who get hammered - away from home - and then feel compelled to drive home (@ midnight when you would be sleepy anyway?) are a menace to themselves and everyone who crosses their paths.

In my opinion, a "slightly drunk" driver is probably better than a "slightly stoned" driver, but after a few more the table would tilt the other way.

That's true. I cant imagine myself driving when being high. It "over exposure" all your feelings to the level where you cant do much, especially motoric behaviors are crippled.
Walking then is fun :)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #118 on: Thu, 17 June 2021, 13:28:00 »

That's true. I cant imagine myself driving when being high. It "over exposure" all your feelings to the level where you cant do much, especially motoric behaviors are crippled.
Walking then is fun :)

I think it really depends on the level of resistance the individual feels. Someone who smokes every day, being stoned is just like a slight shift but they function basically normally. It's not like alcohol in that respect, the effect of marijuana is reduced overall the more often a person indulges in it.
If I don't smoke for a week I get baked out of my mind and cannot function properly. I smoke everyday it does have a long-term negative cognitive impact, but the effect is nearly unnoticeable to anyone but myself.

Offline Magnoliya

« Reply #119 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 14:37:41 »
I totally get what you're saying about politicians being spineless when it comes to legalizing cannabis. It's frustrating that so many people are still being criminalized for something that has so many potential benefits. But I'm hopeful that change is coming, especially with countries like Germany taking steps towards legalization. Speaking of legalization, have you ever been to Oklahoma? They have some of the best dispensaries in the country! I actually went there last year and was blown away by the quality and variety of products. It's amazing to see how far we've come since the days of buying weed in shady alleyways. Anyway, I hope more countries follow in Germany's footsteps and start taking cannabis seriously. It's about time we start treating it like the medicine it can be
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 April 2023, 03:44:48 by Magnoliya »

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #120 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 14:38:54 »
And what would those be, and ones that are actually true.

Offline Olumin

• "Guy walks into a doctor's office..."
« Reply #121 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 15:17:25 »
This thread just keeps popping up.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #122 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 16:10:07 »
This thread just keeps popping up.

Show Image

It's the bots.

Drug use affirmation is extremely popular with the User base.

People like to hear good things about their bad habits.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #123 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 16:26:14 »

eg - the deliciousness of non-vegan food

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #124 on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 11:34:30 »

I've had some delicious Vegan-fied Chocolate Cake, surprised the hell out of me - so it is possible to make something taste good w/ a vegan pallet
But again depends on the chef/baker of said goods.

Offline phinix

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 14:33:08 »
I wish they legalise it here in UK. Not gonna happen probably...
Need to move to Canada.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #126 on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 14:37:04 »

I've had some delicious Vegan-fied Chocolate Cake, surprised the hell out of me - so it is possible to make something taste good w/ a vegan pallet

Vegan food can be absolutely be delicious if it's not attempting to imitate something else. It is in it's best element when doing something that showcases the fresh ingredients, as opposed to covering up or disguising them.

That's also why nothing could ever replace or beat the taste for a really good steak or burger for those who have the taste for them.
No substitute for the real thing.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #127 on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 14:37:27 »

A protein is a Chain of amino-acids.  There are 22 amino acids, ALL PROTEIN is built from them.

You body does NOT digest whole proteins, if a protein is slightly misfolded or different the body can not use them. WHICH is why the body breaks ingested proteins down into amino acids before making its own proteins.

ALL amino acids originate in plants.  ANIMALS DO NOT produce Amino Acids.

Everything delicious can be made from NON-animal-sources. 

Offline ergonaut

« Reply #128 on: Fri, 19 November 2021, 09:33:04 »
But I'm afraid neither UK nor EU will legalize it until it is fully legal on a federal level in the US. None of our spineless politicians would want to risk their careers going against Uncle Sam.

Maybe I'm just about to eat my words...

Apparently, the soon-to-be German government coalition is kinda serious about legalizing it. They're still pretty vague about everything, but this is probably the closest Germany has been to legalization ever since it was criminalized in the first place.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Offline clairemattockskth67

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 16 August 2022, 11:28:18 »
But I'm afraid neither UK nor EU will legalize it until it is fully legal on a federal level in the US. None of our spineless politicians would want to risk their careers going against Uncle Sam.

Maybe I'm just about to eat my words...

Apparently, the soon-to-be German government coalition is kinda serious about legalizing it. They're still pretty vague about everything, but this is probably the closest Germany has been to legalization ever since it was criminalized in the first place.

I'm cautiously optimistic.
It's funny to read the title of the topic. Marijuana is good when it is used in medicine, but not in other cases. I was just writing a marijuana legalization essay in college, you can click this for more details. Every year more and more countries implement legalization. We all perfectly understand that there will be people who will use it for other purposes.

Soon legalization will be worldwide.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 August 2022, 15:16:51 by clairemattockskth67 »

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 16 August 2022, 16:48:52 »
(Attachment Link)
What does that X axis indicate? Joints smoked? Pounds of THC consumed? It's kinda important to get a frame of reference if you're trying to make a point my guy.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #131 on: Tue, 16 August 2022, 17:11:32 »
::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #132 on: Tue, 16 August 2022, 17:19:05 »
__

Offline phinix

« Reply #133 on: Wed, 17 August 2022, 02:39:19 »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #134 on: Wed, 26 April 2023, 12:11:24 »
Today Singapore authorities hanged a man for "conspiring" to bring 1 (one) kilo of cannabis into the country. The smuggling attempt was not even successful.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/singapore-executes-man-for-trafficking-two-pounds-of-cannabis/ar-AA1alNdb

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #135 on: Wed, 26 April 2023, 12:35:14 »
Today Singapore authorities hanged a man for "conspiring" to bring 1 (one) kilo of cannabis into the country. The smuggling attempt was not even successful.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/singapore-executes-man-for-trafficking-two-pounds-of-cannabis/ar-AA1alNdb

They have the absolute best drug policy in the world. Draconian, but IT WORKS.

It's too bad when climate change comes to bare, everyone in Singapore will die.

Not just from drowning, but it has to import 90% of its food.  Good luck with that, when global supplies are constrained, no one will take funny money,  and that's the end of that.

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #136 on: Wed, 26 April 2023, 13:59:06 »
My hot take on all drugs is to just legalize everything to take that stress off the taxpayers & corrections systems. It's not like people are just gonna start using heroin, meth, or worse just cause it's legal now. Very very few people honestly do not try drugs just because they are illegal. It's more like there is two camps, people who want to get high (for whatever reason, therapeutic or recreationally) & people who wouldn't touch any drugs with a 10' pole. Legality really has nothing to do with IME. Focus on educating the youth truthfully about drugs & the bad effects abuse can bring upon your life. Then make very harsh punishments for know users committing crimes to feed their addiction along with decriminalization & I guarantee things wouldn't be any worse than they already are. Probably be better the more I think about it.

IME most addicts do not want to be one & would love to be a more productive member of society. Giving them a legal, safe way to get their drugs if they chose to continue usage would drastically reduce crime. Most of the so called "junkies" could easily get back into the workforce & contribute to society in a positive way if they had easy, safe, & fairly cheap access to their drug of choice. Then as a bonus you'd put a huge dent in black market drug trafficking by redirecting the funds it would normally get back into the economy & on top of that you can tax the sales of the now legal drugs. I could give another 100 or more reasons legalization of all drugs would not be this apocalypse of everyone turning into junkies & commiting all kinds of crime, but I'll stop here. The bottom line to me is things are so bad right now we're at the point people are using drugs that will rot them from the inside out (Tranq Dope), there is very little help unless you have someone rich front your rehab bills, very little job opportunities due to the stigma for anyone still looking for work despite an addiction, the police using the war on drugs to steal from people not even involved in any drug use or trafficking, etc., etc.. How much worse could it be if everything was just legalized & easily obtainable at clinics?
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 November 2023, 15:29:58 by Rob27shred »

Offline phinix

« Reply #137 on: Wed, 26 April 2023, 15:35:27 »
Weed should be legal all over the world...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #138 on: Wed, 26 April 2023, 16:20:59 »
Weed should be legal all over the world...

all drug use should be decriminalized.

there is some interplay left for the pushers, life in prison minimum.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #139 on: Wed, 26 April 2023, 16:22:13 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #140 on: Wed, 26 April 2023, 16:23:53 »

people are confounding 

"freedom to use recreational drugs"

with

"recreational drugs = good"

they are very different.  the negative impact on education attainment and future income is enormous.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #141 on: Wed, 26 April 2023, 18:23:14 »

the negative impact on education attainment and future income is enormous.

True. Because of a puritanical upbringing I was 20.5 the first time I smoked dope, and I am so glad that I waited.

And both of my kids didn't try it until college (even though ~25 is probably when you are actually old enough to do it without developmental harm).

It hurts my heart to think about middle school kids using regularly ....

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #142 on: Wed, 26 April 2023, 18:41:50 »

In what way does it work?

Offline phaxin

« Reply #143 on: Wed, 26 April 2023, 18:52:21 »
Don't use that cocaine or marijuana, because that stuff is highly addictive
When people become weed-heads
They become sluggish, lazy, stupid, and unconcerned
Sluggish, lazy, stupid, and unconcerned
That's all marijuana does to you, okay?

As a former daily wake and baker. I'm 100% happy I quit.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #144 on: Wed, 26 April 2023, 19:10:17 »

In what way does it work?

DALYs=disability-adjusted life-years.
YLDs=years of life lived with disability.
YLLs=years of life lost.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6251968/

298640-0
298642-1
298636-2

It's a monumental Achievement considering their WEALTH (afford to buy drugs), and their proximity TO the golden triangle (drug ring).

298644-3

Offline Pretendo

« Reply #145 on: Sun, 30 April 2023, 21:25:51 »

people are confounding 

with

they are very different.  the negative impact on education attainment and future income is enormous.

I've seen the studies that have made a correlation between heavy cannabis use and worse monetary outcomes for families.

My question is this: is marijuana the thing causing this wealth disparity, or is it just more likely that people without much money in the first place turn to drugs for entertainment, particularly in countries where those drugs are illegal and unregulated?

In other words, which way does the correlation go? Drugs make it more likely for you to be poor, or poor people are more likely to use drugs?

Same can be asked about mental health outcomes: does pot make it more likely that you have anxiety, or do people with anxiety have a higher chance of attempting self medication with marijuana?
IBM Model F-122 6110347 -- September 13th, 1984
IBM Model M 1391404 -- April 14th, 1988
Rosewill RK-9000

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #146 on: Sun, 30 April 2023, 21:46:25 »

people are confounding 

with

I've seen the studies that have made a correlation between heavy cannabis use and worse monetary outcomes for families.

My question is this: is marijuana the thing causing this wealth disparity, or is it just more likely that people without much money in the first place turn to drugs for entertainment, particularly in countries where those drugs are illegal and unregulated?

In other words, which way does the correlation go? Drugs make it more likely for you to be poor, or poor people are more likely to use drugs?

Same can be asked about mental health outcomes: does pot make it more likely that you have anxiety, or do people with anxiety have a higher chance of attempting self medication with marijuana?

It's both.

Not mutually exclusive,

The economically disadvantaged are more likely to START to use drugs. They are more likely to CONTINUE to use drugs. We know the Drugs are likely to keep them economically disadvantaged.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #147 on: Sun, 30 April 2023, 22:08:34 »
I genuinely don't know how someone living in the 2020's can go through each week without smoking, drinking, or some sort of substance in their downtime when the news scrolls and dark thoughts are at their loudest.
Are we living on the same planet here? How can you bare to go through this absolute ****show of a time stone cold sober? Something's ****ing wrong with you.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #148 on: Sun, 30 April 2023, 22:19:17 »
I genuinely don't know how someone living in the 2020's can go through each week without smoking, drinking, or some sort of substance in their downtime when the news scrolls and dark thoughts are at their loudest.
Are we living on the same planet here? How can you bare to go through this absolute ****show of a time stone cold sober? Something's ****ing wrong with you.

Drug use is heavily interconnected with the stress cycle.  When you are stressed, your brain calculates the Least-Costly action which will relieve stress.

The presence of recreational substances in the world is a Short-Circuit situation.

Instead of improving life, and relieving stress "the long way", life style changes, introspection, education, family connection,   SUBSTANCES makes those things "Temporarily" Obsolete.

You can feel better, absent all the hard work. This tears at the fabric of society, because it removes a core level of interdependence and MONITORING within the collective.

If we don't somehow curtail refined hedonism which encompasses (almost all capitalist products), the planet will end humanity and reboot.

Our opportunity window is only 5 - 15 years at this point, before climate change run-away effect become insurmountable

We are today, right now, currently at the TAIL END of the anthropocene extinction event.   50% of all wide vertebrates died between 1970 and 2014.

Approximately 80% total have already died.   Bees die, Ants die, WE DIE.

YES Tp4 is stressed, but doing best to not purchase any electronics, and work the long game.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #149 on: Mon, 01 May 2023, 07:50:23 »

some sort of substance in their downtime

This tears at the fabric of society, because it removes a core level of interdependence

Mankind is a society and individuals have traditionally supported one another, either directly one-to-one, or collectively as a society.

The morbidly wealthy in the US have become willing to allow (if not actually encourage) the collapse of our union just as long as they don't have to contribute any of their money to support it.