Author Topic: NKRO or not? That is the question.  (Read 3803 times)

Offline Zenosincks

NKRO or not? That is the question.
« on: Thu, 10 March 2011, 02:14:39 »
Hey folks. I just nabbed a 104-key Majestouch brown off Amazon as I've grown a little impatient waiting on the Leopolds and $119 seemed like a solid price for the full-size Majestouch. Haha, apparently that impatience caused somewhat of an itchy trigger finger as I placed the order before noticing the Filco logo was silver.

I know the silver and gold branding used to distinguish models that did or didn't support NKRO. However, I believe I've read that Majestouch 2 models universally ship with a matte silver logo. There's no distinct mention of this supporting NKRO or being a Majestouch 2, so I'm left to wonder what the hell I just bought :D.

The product description mentions that it's the "newest" Majestouch, but that text could be outdated. I swung by Keyboardco.com to compare stock but I don't see any non-NKRO 104-key Filcos. In fact, they all specifically mention NKRO support and have gold logos. Clarification on the Amazon listing would be appreciated.

Offline speakeasy

« Reply #1 on: Thu, 10 March 2011, 03:38:28 »
FKB104M/EB is non NKRO based on what I've googled.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
PiaNoppoo Choc Mini 茶轴

PUNCH THE KEYS FOR GOD\'S SAKE!

Offline Zenosincks

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 10 March 2011, 04:08:46 »
Damn. Guess it was too good to be true. Thanks for the help speakeasy. I suppose it's back to F5ing EK's Leopold section and KeyboardCo's Amazon stock.

Offline Zenosincks

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 10 March 2011, 13:34:25 »
Yeah, the description could be improved. Although the page doesn't claim the board supports NKRO, saying that its the "newest" Majestouch doesn't help anything. I should've known better for $120 :(.

I've been using blues for a while and I've decided they're a little too... imprecise when gaming. I think browns would suit me better. I tried to cancel the order an hour after placing it but apparently it was "too late."

In that case, I'll take it as a free sample to try the browns. I'll crack the box open and try the board out for 30 minutes before repackaging it and requesting an RMA. If anything, I guess I can gift it or resell it.

Offline Zenosincks

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 11 March 2011, 02:23:43 »
Will do. Looks like they updated the product description. :) That should prevent anyone else from making the same mistake.

Offline Zenosincks

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 12 March 2011, 02:33:50 »
Man, what a boring experience that was (the browns that is). Guess I'll be sticking with blues for now. Hopefully EK stocks the full-size Leopolds before I snap and make another impulse purchase :D. I was able to initialize the RMA process with no problem and UPS should be here to pick it up tomorrow or early next week. Thanks again for your help guys.