Author Topic: Late introduction - Will be active on the board in the next months !  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Rakanishu2199

Hey peeps,

So I have been lurking on this forum for over a year now and have not written a single word yet.
First I have to thank this community for the great source of information it provides!
Spending a whole year using this info without having to ask a single question shows how good it is already!  :p

However, I am planning on building some custom mechanical keyboards in the next months (because that's pretty fun hehe).
I already learned a lot thanks to you (plus some other sources, reddit wiki, etc.) but will need your experience to be successful.
I will open a dedicated topic to show my plans, assumptions and general state of my project. Feel free to help!

That's it for now, mechanically yours,
Rakanishu2199

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
Re: Late introduction - Will be active on the board in the next months !
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 13:16:42 »
Welcome to GH - where we love build logs!  :p

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 14:31:01 »
Welcome and glad to see you beginning to post. I did pretty much the same thing. Definitely start a build thread, or at least a picture thread with the competed project. I love seeing what other people cook up.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 23:08:16 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Making stuff together is a good place to make such a thread.

Good luck with your build! :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Rakanishu2199

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 14:57:52 »
Thanks guys! Just to keep you updated and if anyone wanna follow / help me with my custom keyboard, here is the topic.