Author Topic: Hi all!  (Read 2033 times)

Offline Seranite

• Doesn't know what's going on.
Hi all!
« on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 19:23:07 »
uhh...hey. I am Seranite and I'm typing to you all on a Ducky Shine 3 with rainbow Keycool keycaps and Cherry MX Browns. I am a network engineer by trade and I enjoy playing video games and looking at pretty pictures of keyboards.

Here is my current keyboard:

...and here is my current dream keyboard:

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Hi all!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 04 May 2015, 20:17:53 »
Both keyboards look great. Welcome aboard!

And, protect your wallet. ;)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 00:34:30 »
Welcome to the forum! Get ready for some serious wallet hacking :p

Offline Seranite

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 09:53:00 »
Oh how right you both are. I just spent the last 10 minutes debating on whether or not to get in on this drop or wait until I can get a Poker II in white. It definitely took all the willpower I could muster to wait.

Offline Seranite

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 09:54:25 »
Both keyboards look great. Welcome aboard!

And, protect your wallet. ;)

Thanks! I'm pretty proud of my Ducky  ;D

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 05 May 2015, 19:20:24 »
Oh how right you both are. I just spent the last 10 minutes debating on whether or not to get in on this drop or wait until I can get a Poker II in white. It definitely took all the willpower I could muster to wait.

Might be kind of hard to find a Poker II given that the Poker 3 is now in production.

White Poker 3's should be out within 2 months or so

Offline Seranite

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 22:32:26 »

Might be kind of hard to find a Poker II given that the Poker 3 is now in production.

True, but the reason I'm wanting a Poker II specifically is the raised edge (not sure what you would call it) around the keyboard like so. Whereas the Poker 3 has none:(

Though...you never know. I might break down and get a 3 anyway.  I've been known to make rash decisions.

ALSO I just want to mention that I JUST bought the Miami Twice keycaps from a seller on Reddit today. Really extremely excited about this and just wanted to share! Here is the link to that mega sale currently happening on reddit in case anyone who reads this is interested: Link

Half my dream keyboard is complete!!! :D :D :D :D

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 22:54:36 »

True, but the reason I'm wanting a Poker II specifically is the raised edge (not sure what you would call it) around the keyboard like so. Whereas the Poker 3 has none:(

Though...you never know. I might break down and get a 3 anyway.  I've been known to make rash decisions.

ALSO I just want to mention that I JUST bought the Miami Twice keycaps from a seller on Reddit today. Really extremely excited about this and just wanted to share! Here is the link to that mega sale currently happening on reddit in case anyone who reads this is interested: Link

Half my dream keyboard is complete!!! :D :D :D :D

Congrats on the Miami Twice!

Quite a few Poker II's go up on mechmarket so it's worth checking there now and again

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 05:41:25 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Is that dream keyboard a Poker?  Eminently doable, with the plethora of Pokers available, Miami keycaps from several sources too :)

Are those PBT rainbow keycaps?  Sweet :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Seranite

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 11:30:08 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Is that dream keyboard a Poker?  Eminently doable, with the plethora of Pokers available, Miami keycaps from several sources too :)

Rowdy! Yes that is a Poker 2, that picture is actually from a user here, but different set of Miami with his build. I guess I wanted the real deal Miami caps for my board - even if they aren't PBT  :'(

I actually JUST bought the Miami caps a couple days ago and they are now on my Ducky, though, I'll wait to get the Poker 2 for a while as I feel that I've spent a lot recently.

Yes those are rainbow PBT caps, and I freakin love them. I honestly didn't realize the difference in quality of PBT vs. Non-PBT caps until I bought the Miami Twice set.

Thanks for the welcome!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 05:45:56 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Rowdy! Yes that is a Poker 2, that picture is actually from a user here, but different set of Miami with his build. I guess I wanted the real deal Miami caps for my board - even if they aren't PBT  :'(

I actually JUST bought the Miami caps a couple days ago and they are now on my Ducky, though, I'll wait to get the Poker 2 for a while as I feel that I've spent a lot recently.

Yes those are rainbow PBT caps, and I freakin love them. I honestly didn't realize the difference in quality of PBT vs. Non-PBT caps until I bought the Miami Twice set.

Thanks for the welcome!

There's a few Miami sets around now - I have the original SP set :)

PBT keycaps are fantastic!  If you like the texture, that is.  I do :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ