Author Topic: It's a me a Newbie. Hello!  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Blueblue

• * Destiny Supporter
It's a me a Newbie. Hello!
« on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 18:42:31 »
Hi, I always lurked Geekhack and never actually made an account.
Now that I have more disposable income by having a lab job.
I splurged on a HHKB pro 2 which is an superb upgrade from my CMStorm TKL MX reds.
I want to say hello to you GH community, and also a small request for a Brobot to fit on my HHKB for a reasonable price.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: It's a me a Newbie. Hello!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 18:43:22 »
That's quite the jump! The lab work must pay really well :D

Welcome to Geekhack and good luck in your hunt for Bro Bots.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 21:24:53 »
Nice choice! Although sometimes I prefer Reds to Topre  :p

Never had a HHKB before, how are you liking the layout?
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline paradox

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 22:19:07 »
I've been on this board for years and still haven't had the guts to splurge on a topre.  Welcome to the boards.

Offline Blueblue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 00:25:56 »
That's quite the jump! The lab work must pay really well :D

Welcome to Geekhack and good luck in your hunt for Bro Bots.
XD, I do a crappy technician job :3, but I do all the savings for the HHKB.

I've been on this board for years and still haven't had the guts to splurge on a topre.  Welcome to the boards.
I thought that the HHKB was worth it due to researching everything. I could have got a GON but once you go topre you don't go back.

Nice choice! Although sometimes I prefer Reds to Topre  :p

Never had a HHKB before, how are you liking the layout?

It was a bit jarring at first but the control and changes to backspace to your pinky really are quite nice.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 05:41:41 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I switched back to my HHKB recently when I got told off for using an SSK too late at night and too early in the morning :))

The only thing with Topre keyboards is the lack of replacement keycap sets.  There are a few out there, but it is the last of the stock and at higher than usual prices.

Fortunately most artisans make Topre keycaps :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ