Author Topic: Hello GeekHack long time lurker here  (Read 1514 times)

Offline altrunox

Hello GeekHack long time lurker here
« on: Sun, 24 May 2015, 13:49:30 »
Hello all, well I've been a lurker here for a while, like two years!
I started my keyboard jorney in a local forum, mostly due to wetto!

Well my first keyboard was a Keycool 84 with blacks!

Last year I got the Rapid-I from a raflle made by wetto  :cool:

And after a while I got the FC660M in a blue case!

My only aftermarket keycaps were bought from another user, Smeagol_RP. At first I used it with my Rapid-I although I started to miss the cherry blue and them swapped it to the Leopold! I still have to find a better right switch, though. Oh yeah, and I just have a potato camera, sorry.

Now as I said I'm looking for a right shift for the Leo, and for a PBT set for the Keycool 84, and after it I'll get a set for the Rapid -I.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Hello GeekHack long time lurker here
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 05:52:21 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

The FC660M unfortunately does have an odd layout, which makes it almost impossible to find a suitable replacement set, without making compromises as you have already had to to.

Still, a nice collection to start with :)  You seem to prefer smaller keyboards too ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline unipsykal

• ghostly lurker
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 06:23:16 »
How do you like the Keycool 84 with blacks? I'm a huge 75% fan, thinking of getting this one with blacks as well.

Offline altrunox

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 08:43:47 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

The FC660M unfortunately does have an odd layout, which makes it almost impossible to find a suitable replacement set, without making compromises as you have already had to to.

Still, a nice collection to start with :)  You seem to prefer smaller keyboards too ;)

Thanks, well I may solve the problem with the Leopold with a blanck white shift. Have it in a blue case makes it even harder to match, sometimes I think that I should have got the grey case...

Yeah, I really like smaller keyboard, but they must have the arrow keys.

How do you like the Keycool 84 with blacks? I'm a huge 75% fan, thinking of getting this one with blacks as well.

I love the layout, my dream endgame keyboard ATM is something like the Duck Octagon. Despite the layout, the keycool build quality lacks in comparisson with the Rapid-I and the FC660M, it doesn't feel as solid as the others, although I've had no issues with it so far, and it's my most used keyboard, since I use it everyday on my work and I'm a programmer, so I type a lot.

I like it so much that I even plan to add a wood case to it, with dolch keycaps ::)

Offline unipsykal

• ghostly lurker
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 25 May 2015, 09:52:48 »

I love the layout, my dream endgame keyboard ATM is something like the Duck Octagon. Despite the layout, the keycool build quality lacks in comparisson with the Rapid-I and the FC660M, it doesn't feel as solid as the others, although I've had no issues with it so far, and it's my most used keyboard, since I use it everyday on my work and I'm a programmer, so I type a lot.

I like it so much that I even plan to add a wood case to it, with dolch keycaps ::)
[/quote]

Thats awesome! Are you going to handcraft the case?