Author Topic: mechkey user from France  (Read 1411 times)

Offline netmonk

mechkey user from France
« on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 14:33:40 »
Good evening,

Since few months now, i discovered this site and DT.

My first mechanical keyboard was a Cherry ML small keyboard G84 keyboard with ps2 connector.
Then i bought another one with USB connector.
Also had and sold a typematrix bepo.
since 4 months now using a tex yoda cherry brown mx, and waiting my kc60 from massdrop with custom case from TeX.

For keycap, i love DSA  Profile but hard to find.

Also received my pimped usb cable from zealpc few weeks ago for the KC60.

At work we a little group of mechkey fan with some filco/wasd/coolermaster user on everyday basis.

waiting a TOPRE guy to join our club :)

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
Re: mechkey user from France
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 17:42:04 »
Sounds like you're already pretty entrenched in the world of keyboards! It's a pleasure to have you on board!
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline netmonk

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 03:44:00 »
Sounds like you're already pretty entrenched in the world of keyboards! It's a pleasure to have you on board!

Well mostly with the help of one of my colleague. Until few months ago i was just a lonely cherry ml user, but without any clue of the greatness of MX.

He pointed me out DT and GH, read a lot and made a few buys :)

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 03:52:24 »
Hello fellow Frenchman,
nice collection your're getting.

The Tex Yoda and the KC60 let me understand you left the Azerty world, another lost soul.

But for real enjoy your stay, I'm sometimes on DT with the same username in the French corner, see you around !
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 04:41:53 »
Hello fellow Frenchman,
nice collection your're getting.

The Tex Yoda and the KC60 let me understand you left the Azerty world, another lost soul.

But for real enjoy your stay, I'm sometimes on DT with the same username in the French corner, see you around !

stop it with your azerty madness!
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 08:11:00 »
Wow, that wasn't even intentional.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline netmonk

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 08:24:34 »
As far as im doing linux/unix with computer qwerty is better than azerty :)

And for accentuated char, i compose them.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 04:04:59 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Not many people seem to like ML switches, or perhaps just not many people use them, and most who do don't like them.  You have upgraded to MX anyway ;)

Signature Plastics/Pimp My Keyboard is the home of DSA profile keycaps: http://keyshop.pimpmykeyboard.com/products/full-keysets
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ