Author Topic: New Clackaroo  (Read 1254 times)

Offline samhwang

New Clackaroo
« on: Mon, 07 September 2015, 08:13:02 »
Hi everyone, I've been lurking around for a while, so I guess I could just make one formal post about myself :D

The name's Sam from Australia. I've been collecting mech kbs for a while now (since 2012) but just recently came to GH. Some may find my username familiar, since I've been lurking around on reddit and also deskthority as well.

I'm a freelance web developer, while gaming hard in Dota 2 and a bit casual CS:GO. So, what are you on about ?

p/s: living in Australia is sometimes a pain ._. all the good stuff is in USA .___.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: New Clackaroo
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 08:51:48 »
Welcome to wallet hack! Good to see another Oz here, I'm an ex Oz as well (grew up there)

Good stuff are all in the western countries, try living is SE Asia, we've to import stuff all the time
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 08:52:51 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 September 2015, 10:37:04 by esoomenona »

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 09:02:47 »
Wellcome brother hope you enjoy it here  :))

Offline raymogi

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 09:06:09 »
Oz is fine bruh. I used to live in Perth as well and I import stuff fine.

But here in Indonesia, everything got taxed 30% of the item's value :S
Please feed my addiction.

Offline krbuck

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 14:31:46 »
Hi samhwang,

I did a cruise around Australia when I was in the US Navy long ago visiting all along the Australia. I never felt as welcome there as any other place I ever visited. I'm hoping to make it back and visit again some day.

Welcome to the community!
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 September 2015, 08:31:26 by krbuck »

POK3R - Brown Cherry MX

Offline OTD

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 14:53:48 »
The biggest downside of being there is the time to get anything from USA shipped to you

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 15:39:36 »
ಠ_ಠ
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 11 September 2015, 05:46:16 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Yes most stuff is in the US, or the UK.  And expect around 3 weeks or so for deliveries to arrive (sometimes a bit less from the UK, for some reason).  Plus silly shipping cost too.

But with a little patience, things aren't too bad.  And we have MechKB here too, they even stock RealForce keyboards!  In Sydney, but, IIRC.  PCCG is generally the place to go here in Melbourne.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ