Author Topic: [IC]KBDfans75 v2 PCB new design  (Read 31404 times)

Offline kbdfans

• * Vendor
[IC]KBDfans75 v2 PCB new design
« on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 06:29:58 »

Hello everyone
Our new PCB adds a new layout that supports the num layout
If you have any comments, please leave a message to me

Case to this kind of design, processing costs will be reduced, should be a beautiful price

Offline KaosJ

Re: [IC]KBDfans75 v2 PCB new design
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 06:39:51 »
Nvm, i didn't saw the shorter 60% part, I'm interested in the case if it will be compatible with the current KBD75v1 pcb, not in this pcb tho. 

Nice but it is unfair to call it kbd75
Also i think you should add another column and just make it a 96-keyboard 
KBD96 please and with the FJELL style case.  Also the bottom layer that you used on the 40% could be great

« Last Edit: Sat, 21 October 2017, 06:53:05 by KaosJ »

Offline Myoth

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 06:43:53 »

Show Image

TL;DR KBD96 please and with the FJELL style case.  Also the bottom layer that you used on the 40% could be great

You'd need more than one column to make it a 96% ...

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 06:49:51 »

Show Image

TL;DR KBD96 please and with the FJELL style case.  Also the bottom layer that you used on the 40% could be great

You'd need more than one column to make it a 96% ...

Yeah noticed later that the rest is shorter  O.o 

I wouldn't be interested in that layout honestly and this cringes me a lot 

I'm interested in the case if there will a option of case only and if that case will be compatible with the current KBD75 pcb 

« Last Edit: Sat, 21 October 2017, 06:55:42 by KaosJ »

Offline Trousers

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 07:09:48 »
That does look great!

It sacrifices some keys however. I wonder if it would support an ISO layout without the right shift, so you could cram all the keys in there. I guess then you'd need a 1U left shift and all the little changes that would bring.

Offline yasintahir

• Formerly silentreader
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 07:18:54 »
How about diffuser insert and split spacebar?  ;D

Offline Chromatrope

• Tortures arrows, murders Lshift, doesn't press X
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 07:20:01 »
Layout is interesting, though I don't care for the numpad, so I myself would go with the classic 75% layout. The case I am completely on board with. Diamond corners are great.
I dance significantly better through bullet patterns than the alphanumerics. Known to cause heart failure in touch typists on sight.

Offline Petch

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 07:39:30 »
No thanks, I'd rather just have a 96 key than that.

75% + a full numpad on the left side would be interesting though

The KBD75 v2 should remain a 75% with some improvements. Swap to a top-mounted plate rather than tray mount, maybe a staggered f-row too via the use of 0.25u spacers
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 October 2017, 08:16:06 by Petch »

Offline TanHin

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 07:46:18 »
Remove < key and use standard L-Shift

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 07:58:52 »
Now this is an odd one.
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 08:12:26 »

The KBD75 vs should remain a 75% with some improvements. Swap to a top-mounted plate rather than tray mount, maybe a staggered f-row too via the use of 0.25u spacers

I agree with that. Especially for the 96.

Offline madn3ss795

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 08:34:04 »
Split backspace, split spacebar, maybe alternative ZXCV row with 2u shift, too.

http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/cffabd8e5c6a2e7da43cc4d11cab9f93

Offline song4190

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 10:03:27 »
Layout is interesting, though I don't care for the numpad, so I myself would go with the classic 75% layout. The case I am completely on board with. Diamond corners are great.
I think exactly the same way :) It would be nice if it is compatible with current v1 pcb.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 10:19:34 »
I am also not a huge huge fan of the PCB perhaps if we could keep our ? key and the shift was the 1.75u shift. Its already a pain finding 1.75u.

I do really really love the case and if its compatible with the v1.. then it might give me reason to pick up another v1 kit with the new case.

Offline crtexcnndrm99

• *profile image used without permission* ;)
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 11:08:14 »

The KBD75 vs should remain a 75% with some improvements. Swap to a top-mounted plate rather than tray mount, maybe a staggered f-row too via the use of 0.25u spacers

I agree with that. Especially for the 96.

+1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You're a smooth smoothie, you know? ~ Gaear Grimsrud

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 15:57:50 »
As interesting as that layout looks, I'd much rather buy a proper 96 key made by KBDfans.
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 16:05:57 »
As interesting as that layout looks, I'd much rather buy a proper 96 key made by KBDfans.

I agree with this I missed the 96key buy from Mehkee I think it was... and would like to give the form factor a try its kinda cool!

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 16:12:43 »
Not feeling this layout. A 96key board would be fine. But this loses too many primary keys to add a partial numpad. Could even drop the top or right on a 96key and I think it would be usable. But losing standard 60 base makes it too jarring for real usage for me.

Offline Atredl

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 18:27:17 »
Our new pcb ADDS a new layout that SUPPORTS the num layout
Has anyone considered that maybe this PCB supports both traditional and this new layout. There have been PCBs that support both ortholinear and staggered. They might have done a similar approach.
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 October 2017, 18:29:47 by Atredl »

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 18:44:57 »
Has anyone considered that maybe this PCB supports both traditional and this new layout. There have been PCBs that support both ortholinear and staggered. They might have done a similar approach.

Big if true  :thumb:

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 19:00:49 »

Hello everyone
Our new PCB adds a new layout that supports the num layout
If you have any comments, please leave a message to me

Show Image

Case to this kind of design, processing costs will be reduced, should be a beautiful price
Show Image

Dude if you could add TKL-Like mini spaces... between the 60%, FKEYS and far right keys, could be endgame. I'm talking minimal spaces. Just enough for your fingers to feel the separation.

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline fardream

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 20:38:36 »
Definitely in for the case if it’s compatible with KBD75 v1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Shenpai

• always found
    • padoru
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 20:56:12 »
Looks very nice, I'm interested.
Nunu | KR FC660C

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 21 October 2017, 21:09:54 »

Think your right looking over my KBD75 that typing on and looking at that layout!!! I think your 100% right it would most likely support both layouts! I would happily buy a v2 KBD75 at some point.

Offline kbdfans

• * Vendor
« Reply #24 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 03:13:43 »
Nvm, i didn't saw the shorter 60% part, I'm interested in the case if it will be compatible with the current KBD75v1 pcb, not in this pcb tho. 

KBD96 please and with the FJELL style case.  Also the bottom layer that you used on the 40% could be great

Show Image

layout also includes the layout of KBD75 V1,Just add a few buttons,  can not use this layout,  can choose, replace the case,   can reduce manufacturing costs, thereby reducing the price, this is my purpose

Offline kbdfans

• * Vendor
« Reply #25 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 03:16:00 »
It seems that many people do not care about the number keys,

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 03:16:19 »

Show Image

layout also includes the layout of KBD75 V1,Just add a few buttons,  can not use this layout,  can choose, replace the case,   can reduce manufacturing costs, thereby reducing the price, this is my purpose

Show Image

Nice!  Atredl was right. 

However from the photo, the case doesn't seems compatible with the v1 KBD CASE.  May you explain this?   

Offline kbdfans

• * Vendor
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 03:23:55 »
support split spacebar

Offline kbdfans

• * Vendor
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 03:31:07 »

Show Image

Show Image

Nice!  Atredl was right. 

However from the photo, the case doesn't seems compatible with the v1 KBD CASE.  May you explain this?   

Show Image

There is a screw hole is not the same, very bad, because the switch hole hit the screw hole,If  buy V2,   need to buy a new case   :(

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 03:34:19 »
support split spacebar
Show Image

ooo like the split spacebar this give me a reason to buy a v2.. hehe is there any idea when V2 is hopped to be released.. What colors will v2 support? The same as the 5degree case?

Offline kbdfans

• * Vendor
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 03:39:05 »
support split spacebar
Show Image

ooo like the split spacebar this give me a reason to buy a v2.. hehe is there any idea when V2 is hopped to be released.. What colors will v2 support? The same as the 5degree case?
Yes The same as the 5degree case

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 04:13:37 »

Show Image

Show Image

Nice!  Atredl was right. 

Show Image

There is a screw hole is not the same, very bad, because the switch hole hit the screw hole,If  buy V2,   need to buy a new case   :(

I think you should try to find a way to make them compatible, i don't see many people interested in the new layout and the KBD75 v1 sold very well and there are tons of people with KBD75v1 that would like this new case. 

Offline moh18one

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 18:20:34 »

The KBD75 v2 should remain a 75% with some improvements. Swap to a top-mounted plate rather than tray mount, maybe a staggered f-row too via the use of 0.25u spacers

:thumb:

Offline heavyheaded

« Reply #33 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 18:44:07 »
Is this case and PCB going to be what we receive for the recent MD GB or just for any new orders?
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 October 2017, 18:46:45 by heavyheaded »

Offline autobot

« Reply #34 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 19:11:52 »

Show Image

Show Image

Nice!  Atredl was right. 

Show Image

I think you should try to find a way to make them compatible, i don't see many people interested in the new layout and the KBD75 v1 sold very well and there are tons of people with KBD75v1 that would like this new case.

This could be remedied by making the screw bosses on the case removable (they thread in), tapping extra holes in the case, and having the installer arrange the screw bosses per the PCB that will be installed.

Offline Endeavour1934

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 08:39:37 »

Show Image

Show Image

Nice!  Atredl was right. 

Show Image

+1. I don't really see much interest in the new layout. 75% is already great as it is. Maybe kbdfans should focus on the new case and other improvements (custom plates, swappable switches, wireless, etc). And ask enjoypbt to provide compatible keycap sets for KBD75 (1u ctrl & alt; r1 del, r2 pgup, r3 pgdn, r4 end)

Oh, and about the new faceted case. I love it, but I find the inner rounded corners weird. Everything in the case has straight hard corners. Even most keycap sets have hard corners (except OEM and Varmilo keycaps), so those inner big rounded corners look out of place. I think if they were less rounded it would look much better.

« Last Edit: Mon, 23 October 2017, 08:45:17 by Endeavour1934 »

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 13:51:57 »

Show Image

Show Image

Nice!  Atredl was right. 

Show Image

+1. I don't really see much interest in the new layout. 75% is already great as it is. Maybe kbdfans should focus on the new case and other improvements (custom plates, swappable switches, wireless, etc). And ask enjoypbt to provide compatible keycap sets for KBD75 (1u ctrl & alt; r1 del, r2 pgup, r3 pgdn, r4 end)

Oh, and about the new faceted case. I love it, but I find the inner rounded corners weird. Everything in the case has straight hard corners. Even most keycap sets have hard corners (except OEM and Varmilo keycaps), so those inner big rounded corners look out of place. I think if they were less rounded it would look much better.

I agree, should focus on: 

• The new case (compatible with the old pcbs)
  • New plate, after 6 rounds i still don't see switch top removal that is a simple feature
  • Make the pcb fully compatible with holtites (chinese or american holtites)
  • Brass weight for the bottom of the new case

NOT interested in wireless tho 

Offline kimusan

• Mechkeys Tech
    • Mechkeys Tech
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 02:02:14 »
Looks great. I wonder if ISO layout would be somehow possible?

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 02:05:06 »

Show Image

Show Image

Nice!  Atredl was right. 

Show Image

I agree, should focus on: 

• The new case (compatible with the old pcbs)
  • New plate, after 6 rounds i still don't see switch top removal that is a simple feature
  • Make the pcb fully compatible with holtites (chinese or american holtites)
  • Brass weight for the bottom of the new case

NOT interested in wireless tho

I agree with the list also except wireless.. which I don't think is that important and the brass weight. There is no reason I can think of a KBD75 needs weight added. That thing is already pretty heavy for it size. I guess 5lb brick of a case would be something some would want but .. I honestly think its heavy enough as is if its scooting around a person desk they have to be banging them key's pretty hard.

Offline jaetm83

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 02:13:07 »
Not much interests in the new case. KBD75 is great as it is, simple with clean bezel and caters all sorts of cap profiles and colorways very well. I would definitely buy if it keeps the v1 case design and adds a brass weight on the bottom of the case.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 15:37:54 »
this is odd, but I've been quite impressed with the KBD75 I have for the price, so I'd be in for once of these for sure, especially if it landed on Massdrop.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline THX1138b

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 15:48:45 »
The GH-122 project has stalled so I'd like to propose that the new KBDfans75 PCB is augmented to include support for up to 156 keys! :D

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 13:01:00 »
this is odd, but I've been quite impressed with the KBD75 I have for the price, so I'd be in for once of these for sure, especially if it landed on Massdrop.

Please no Massdrop, directly from KBDFANS is totally acceptable.  When he has to ship big things he uses fast couriers tho, not sure why you want to wait more with massdrop and have kinda the same price.   

- A European dude

Offline FioraCorp

• AKA ABC
    • My insta
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 13:09:37 »
Feel like it was a giant mistake to keep from supporting v1 pcbs/cases.  KBDFans had a chance to set the standard for 75% pcbs and now that is pretty much ruined considering they're not even supporting their own pcbs anymore when it comes to cases.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #44 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 13:18:13 »
Feel like it was a giant mistake to keep from supporting v1 pcbs/cases.  KBDFans had a chance to set the standard for 75% pcbs and now that is pretty much ruined considering they're not even supporting their own pcbs anymore when it comes to cases.

Thats kinda harsh cause this would be just a prototype. and KBD tends to listen to what people want and say. I wouldn't be shocked to see the 10 keys get scrapped completely and just a more updated v1 come out of this.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 13:57:05 »

Honestly he said multiple times (can't remember if here or elsewhere) that he will make that case supporting the previous KBD75 pcbs. 

Offline Hafizi Hilmi

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 20:10:45 »
I prefer the v1 case for 75%. Plus I dont want all my keebs looking like that as I already bought the 5degree. If you could improve the v1 case and pcb it would be amazing.

Offline FioraCorp

• AKA ABC
    • My insta
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 21:27:07 »

Honestly he said multiple times (can't remember if here or elsewhere) that he will make that case supporting the previous KBD75 pcbs.
Ah that's much better if that's the case.  75% could use a mounting/hardware standard in the way that that poker mounting is for 60%, and imo the kbd75 is the best bet at that.  No use splitting that momentum into two mounting patterns.

Offline Softkore

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 23:28:05 »
LOVE this layout but really don't like the corners of the case :/

Offline Ponkan

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 23:33:26 »
Will KBD75 rev.2 run with the same case or is the case sold separately?

Offline Trousers

« Reply #50 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 14:10:47 »
I wasn't quite sure of this, but the prototype changed my mind. If the price is in any way reasonable, I think I'll get one.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 16:32:27 »
The way it sounds be the same price as Gen 1's are maybe a bit cheaper? I am hopping it stays in that 170ish area.. cause its cheap enough to be reasonable but high enough quality to be more expensive.. hope that makes since.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 08:51:25 »
The way it sounds be the same price as Gen 1's are maybe a bit cheaper? I am hopping it stays in that 170ish area.. cause its cheap enough to be reasonable but high enough quality to be more expensive.. hope that makes since.

I hope cheaper, this case should be cheaper to produce afterall 

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 10:08:47 »
I wasn't quite sure of this, but the prototype changed my mind. If the price is in any way reasonable, I think I'll get one.

Show Image

So what's the deal with the '< >' in that layout? That is just a red flag to me.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline Atredl

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 13:43:09 »

Show Image

So what's the deal with the '< >' in that layout? That is just a red flag to me.
It's one of the optional layouts. If you don't like that layout don't use it and build it with the regular 75% layout.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 14:47:22 »

Show Image

It's one of the optional layouts. If you don't like that layout don't use it and build it with the regular 75% layout.

I must be mistaken. The render is intentionally missing the "< ," key? If so, why? Maybe I'm missing something here... Having both a command and a period is pretty necessary  :p.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 15:27:17 »

Show Image

I must be mistaken. The render is intentionally missing the "< ," key? If so, why? Maybe I'm missing something here... Having both a command and a period is pretty necessary  :p.

The render is showing a optional layout with it adding in a number pad. It can still be built like a normal 75%

Edited for formating

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 22:28:04 »

Show Image

The render is showing a optional layout with it adding in a number pad. It can still be built like a normal 75%
Show Image

Edited for formating

That's my bad. I didn't consider how the numpad cuts into punctuation columns. Interesting concept, but I think I'll stick with the standard 75% Thanks for the clarification.

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 07:00:59 »
any news when this will go on sale?

will it be group buy or from stock?

Offline japancakes

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 04:42:45 »
any news when this will go on sale?

will it be group buy or from stock?

This is what I'm curious about as well! Holding off on other keyboards if this is reasonably close.

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 06 February 2018, 09:02:23 »
The layout is interesting, but I'd WAY rather have one like this custom "75% + 1" build: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=75880.0

That would be endgame for me!

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 27 March 2018, 17:28:42 »
is this still active?
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Zuology

• Why does this rabbit-hole have so many side-quests
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 09:27:56 »
I just want the 5 degree diamond case in 75% size like they teased months ago.
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)
Full+: Clueboard Double 1800 (Vint Clears) | IBM Model M | IBM Model F XT

Offline japancakes

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 01:56:33 »
Has anybody out there seen an actual build of this new layout with the numpad? I'm really tempted to do a hot swappable build similar to the layout but add back ">" and "?" and get rid of the right shift completely.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 02:58:02 »
Has anybody out there seen an actual build of this new layout with the numpad? I'm really tempted to do a hot swappable build similar to the layout but add back ">" and "?" and get rid of the right shift completely.

I have not seen one of these built yet! I do know he recently started advertising the plates on his website for it. The only down fall is you have to remove a stand off from the case according to his guide... which to me is a bit daunting of a task.

Offline Zuology

• Why does this rabbit-hole have so many side-quests
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 07:41:43 »
Has anyone heard if there's been any further news/progress on a 75% 5-degree case or similar? He teased it sometime last year and I'm assuming the new plate layout that requires the cutting of a standoff will be addressed in future 75% case design...
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)
Full+: Clueboard Double 1800 (Vint Clears) | IBM Model M | IBM Model F XT

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 02 July 2018, 16:44:39 »
Bring back this case design!
Visit the Typing Test and try!