Author Topic: Prototype Apple M0110?  (Read 5292 times)

Offline Sick Robotron

Prototype Apple M0110?
« on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 20:51:06 »
https://imgur.com/a/olv71r0 -- check out this gorgeous logo!

I found this on ebay this afternoon. Apparently it doesn't work, but I'm sure I will figure something out (if nothing else --and if the pcb/plate/switches are standard -- i will just swap the case on another working M0110).

Wondering if I should retrobrite it, as that would look even better with the colorful logo, but I worry about damaging/weakening the case.

Offline 1Weeb

• ◕w◕
Re: Prototype Apple M0110?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 30 May 2018, 22:57:46 »
Aren't these boards fairly common or at least not too hard to find? I don't know much about these older boards but I'm sure it would be easier to just try and find a working one.

Offline Sick Robotron

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 06:10:51 »
Very much the opposite. I have never seen an m0110 with a rainbow logo.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 03:22:22 »
The rest of it's pretty much the same as the others, though, isn't it? You know, the actual keyboard part?
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 13:06:11 »
Are those gray Alps key caps? They are quite nice, and sure to be PBT.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Sick Robotron

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 09 June 2018, 17:15:23 »
Are those gray Alps key caps? They are quite nice, and sure to be PBT.

They won't be standard alps mount unfortunately :(. The SKCL Creams that these use have a cross style slider top that is neither alps nor MX compatible :)

Offline EternalD

• Workin' on it
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 14:25:05 »
With a small clean up, this would look sleek! Have you thought about doing one of those de-yellowing procedures?

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 20:19:25 »
Sick Robotron: I was just being goofy in my previous post, making a general comment on Collector Mania. But if this is what it seems to be, that wouldn't apply here.  :?)

This is a cool find, as most M0110s have molded-in logos:

I'm assuming someone didn't just carefully apply an Apple sticker there? The Cult of Mac was quite a thing then, and there were a lot of Apple items floating around. I imagine you've received the keeb by now, though—how is it?

The greatest danger is not the rise of China but how the United States will react to China’s rise and its own consequent loss of primacy. The rise of illiberalism in America is not an accident. It coincides with the dawning recognition of American decline and a desperate desire to prevent it. It should be remembered that the heyday of Western democracy corresponded with the zenith of Western hegemony. But can the West’s democracy survive the decline of Western global dominance? If the West is able to retain and renew its best values, in a world in which it enjoys a much diminished role and China is predominant, such a world will be the better for it.

Yeah, well, good luck with that, dude, as long as we have a troubled, impulsive 10-year-old at our helm.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg