Author Topic: Split off from Massdrop x Geekhack  (Read 9109 times)

Offline Lanx

Re: Split off from Massdrop x Geekhack
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 16:51:21 »
This new website is dumb enough to verify and allow Ripster to join, he couldn't even give the site a month before destroying it.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 17:49:22 »
eh

until or if massdrop actually does anything detrimental to this website that actually warrants the behavior of so many dramatic individuals I don't really know why everyone is so obsessed with prophesying the end of days. I guess the only "benefit" of all the children throwing temper tantrums is that it surely signals to massdrop that they're walking on eggshells.

I still think it's fascinating how everyone acts like deskthority or hell even /r/mk don't exist- so I'm not really sure what unmet market need "keebtalk" (ugh that name, it would've been so much better if they went with keyboard talk) is filling.

I guess drama is fun here and there but at some point get a grip lol

I agree with it being unnecessary. They had r/mk and deskthority to turn to but opted to make yet another mk site. Two of the three founders weren't even active much here.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 09:36:30 »
Those of us who primarily frequent DT have discussed this very thing and it seems that there is this perception of DT as being elitist to put it mildly. On the subject of "keebtalk", I'll never join so long as the word "keeb" remains in the name. That word is definitely one of the stupidest things to ever come out of this hobby. Or maybe I'm just being too "elitist", amd I should start calling skating stores "skeeb" stores or winter sports stores "sneeb" stores.  :rolleyes:
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 17:08:56 »
Those of us who primarily frequent DT have discussed this very thing and it seems that there is this perception of DT as being elitist to put it mildly. On the subject of "keebtalk", I'll never join so long as the word "keeb" remains in the name. That word is definitely one of the stupidest things to ever come out of this hobby. Or maybe I'm just being too "elitist", amd I should start calling skating stores "skeeb" stores or winter sports stores "sneeb" stores.  :rolleyes:

You are on to something here.... gotta go to the sneeb store to pick me up some skeebs so i can go mounteeb skeebing.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 17:35:42 »

That is such a Deskthority response.   :rolleyes:

Offline rxc92

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 04:30:53 »

That is such a Deskthority response.   :rolleyes:

To be fair, he's also writing 'China' in a way that's been incorrect since the 50's, so maybe take it with a grain of salt.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 09:01:49 »
To be fair, he's also writing 'China' in a way that's been incorrect since the 50's, so maybe take it with a grain of salt.

Yeah take my completely unrelated comment with a grain of salt because of my spelling of China in my signature!  :thumb:

Mind telling me the correct way to write it then? Or are you insinuating that Traditional Chinese is "wrong" and only Simplified Chinese is the correct way to write it? FYI, my relatives are from Hong Kong which is primarily still using Traditional Chinese and not the "correct" Simplified Chinese of the mainland.

In any case, great way to completely derail a topic because of semantics!  ;D
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline rxc92

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 20:58:20 »
Mind telling me the correct way to write it then? Or are you insinuating that Traditional Chinese is "wrong" and only Simplified Chinese is the correct way to write it? FYI, my relatives are from Hong Kong which is primarily still using Traditional Chinese and not the "correct" Simplified Chinese of the mainland.

In any case, great way to completely derail a topic because of semantics!  ;D

Neither's wrong semantically, it's just, like I said, wrong in an official setting because no country calls China by that name. It's like calling Germany 'Allemagne', technically correct but clearly flawed. Using a regional spelling is definitely less correct than the official name  :thumb: Can be a little hard to understand if you only see from the perspective of only a small region that insists on being different. 

Also weren't you the one that derailed the topic by complaining about the fact that they used 'keeb' instead of 'keyboard'? Seems a little pot n' kettle to me, if you catch my drift.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 July 2018, 21:01:46 by rxc92 »

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 18 July 2018, 03:00:07 »
if you catch my drift.

Only Takumi Fujiwara can catch your drift.