Author Topic: [IC] GMK Handarbeit+ [GB approved]  (Read 66236 times)

Offline theseusanime

Re: [IC] GMK Handarbeit+
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 11:00:03 »
i do understand that ANSI is a necessity (i want it myself) and that ISO DE support must be there too for historic reasons. Also most people prefer qwerty, shouldnt be too hard to just add the additional qwertz keys.

But why do we need the characters/font in english? We buy different language kits the whole time, cyrilic, hangul, japanese etc. People buy them without speaking any of these languges, for ALPS the AEK Japanese kits are a bestseller...

Why not ANSI+ISO support with german font in the basekit?

I dont see why we need english fonts here offered on an replica of something that was only available in german anyway - sounds way easier to hit MOQ.

However if you want to make it cheaper, i think most people here dont need numpad keys in the base set, most boards used seem to be TKL or less.

99% of the GMK sets have English legends, excluding those beige ones

Offline theseusanime

« Reply #101 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 11:02:38 »
Write to them and call them again and again.

What a wonderful idea!  All of us should call again and again, to demand $99 pricing  :p

Most of the time, the person who has to make the quotation is on holiday. So I called and another one made the calculation

Offline le_wraith

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 21:06:24 »
Welp thats a pass from me

Back to the Black Lodge for you. And I can be with Bob again.

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #103 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 19:58:59 »

Generally GB price will be decided by GMK Quotation, Shipping cost(GMK=>Proxy), proxy costs, currency conversions, tax, boxing, bank transfer fee(proxy to GMK). Also paypal fee and domestic shipping cost.
So many cost have to be considered.

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #104 on: Fri, 14 September 2018, 20:16:36 »
Today I make the layout.
I saw many reply about Ansi or OG ISO DE.
Just I decide to make below.
- Basically 2 main kits will be prepared.
    - Handarbeit+M Kit : OG Modified kit (Ansi based, additional key will be added, Also ISO enter will be added)
    - Handarbeit+R Kit : OG Replica kit (No additional key. Only OG replica 102key)

I don't know, each main kits will be reached or not to MOQ 150. Specially R kit.....
But I'd like to inform that I do my best to also consider the OG manias.
I will make layouts and request the key layout rendering to GMK.
Maybe next week we can see the modified kits.

Have a nice weekend! (KR is now weekend) ;D

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #105 on: Sat, 15 September 2018, 01:20:15 »
Today I make the layout.
    - Handarbeit+M Kit : OG Modified kit (Ansi based, additional key will be added, Also ISO enter will be added)

I don't know, each main kits will be reached or not to MOQ 150. Specially R kit.....

Also Icon modi kit with HHKB 4key and 4 led keys will added.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #106 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 16:36:57 »
Today I make the layout.

Also Icon modi kit with HHKB 4key and 4 led keys will added.

nice

I suppose I will be interested in the +M kit since it at least has some compatibility vs +R (shame, even though I suggested ISO DE modifiers).

Offline hansichen

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 15:08:44 »
The German kit sounds nice but I would suggest to add a few more keys. First of all I would add Ansi-de support cause not everybody likes iso and some people like german mods. I would suggest to add a 2,25u shift key, 2,25u enter key and a 1,5u # ' key as you can see in HADapter: https://i.imgur.com/YLynNu0.png
I would also consider adding a 1,75u shift key so that many 60%/80% and fullsize boards can be covered. In total that should add maybe 5$ but I think it would be a good addition

Offline cocobrais

Re: [IC] GMK Handarbeit+ - Layout update
« Reply #108 on: Fri, 21 September 2018, 18:32:47 »
Hey guys.

Layout was updated.
As I mentioned before, 3 kits were designed.
Yesterday I received this renders from GMK and 4 small change will be done.
- M kit : R2 \| key design
- R Kit : missed Arrow in Rollen key / 2 key color....blue=>red
Already requested and soon updated.

So Just refer to layout.

- Handarbeit+ M kit

204075-0

- Handarbeit+ R kit

204077-1

- Icon modi + LED kit

204079-2

See you soon with updated renders.
Have a nice weekend!

« Last Edit: Fri, 21 September 2018, 18:54:24 by cocobrais »

Offline Theswetiyeti

Re: [IC] GMK Handarbeit+ [Layout update]
« Reply #109 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 20:28:11 »
+1 M kit
+1 icon mods
I hope this happens I need this in my life  :thumb:

Offline cocobrais

Re: [IC] GMK Handarbeit+ [Layout update - 24.09]
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 07:59:25 »
All revised kits were updated.  :thumb:

Offline hansichen

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 13:14:43 »
The German kit should probably have a stepped capslock key, else it looks good  :thumb:

Offline avid

« Reply #112 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 15:22:20 »
Cant wait until this enter GB stage. My favourite set this year.

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 17:25:11 »
The German kit should probably have a stepped capslock key, else it looks good  :thumb:
Oh....you are right... I missed this. Will update this.. thanks

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 20:08:24 »
I'll be in for one, possibly 2. This set you either love or hate - no in between.
Good luck, I hope you can get it produced.

Offline kokokoy

« Reply #115 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 21:27:34 »
That R kit is beautiful. Though agree with this at least these 3 should be added

The German kit sounds nice but I would suggest to add a few more keys. First of all I would add Ansi-de support cause not everybody likes iso and some people like german mods. I would suggest to add a 2,25u shift key, 2,25u enter key and a 1,5u # ' key as you can see in HADapter: https://i.imgur.com/YLynNu0.png

Offline theseusanime

« Reply #116 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 11:24:00 »
Nice, but there are two identical keys? You've got /| on r1 and r4. In the first kit.

Personally I'd remove the double 2" 3£ keys from the first kit.

On the first kit, what's the point of having the R1 `- key? The one drawn beside the extra 2 and 3.

For both sets, in the numpad 5, I'd replace the nipple with a bar. Much nicer and easier on the fingers

Offline theseusanime

« Reply #117 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 11:26:12 »
As a small variation, after removing the three keys above, I'd add the fj5 in red, with homing bars.

Offline hansichen

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 14:21:33 »
Nice, but there are two identical keys? You've got /| on r1 and r4. In the first kit.

On the first kit, what's the point of having the R1 `- key? The one drawn beside the extra 2 and 3.

For both sets, in the numpad 5, I'd replace the nipple with a bar. Much nicer and easier on the fingers

`¬, 2 and 3 are iso uk keys, same for R4 /|. R1 /| is for hhkb support. The nipple on 5 is og and should be part of this set. And adding another set of F&J keys make the set more expensive and don't fit the og look.

Offline theseusanime

« Reply #119 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 17:18:46 »

`¬, 2 and 3 are iso uk keys, same for R4 /|. R1 /| is for hhkb support. The nipple on 5 is og and should be part of this set. And adding another set of F&J keys make the set more expensive and don't fit the og look.

Nothing is OG since ANSI isn't OG.
The numpad nipple is horrible. Nobody likes nipples except in real life.
About the hhkb key, that's used on ansi hhkb, not in the ISO generic or Japanese.

American iso would be more appwaling thanuk iso.

Offline theseusanime

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 17:21:06 »
About the r kit, if you add a r2 y and a r4 z, they could probably be enough for the 70% of the European market
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 September 2018, 17:22:51 by theseusanime »

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #121 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 21:40:41 »

this

Offline Theswetiyeti

« Reply #122 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 07:16:21 »
Iv never used iso layout before but that R kit looks so good I might have to get  both M and R if this runs just for that OG look. But at this point I don't even how you get the @ symbol on iso.  Sorry if that's a dumb question. Also I have to agree with the other people about the nipple on the number pad. Good luck I hope this goes to Group buy soon.  :thumb:

Offline darthzero

« Reply #123 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 07:33:03 »
For 2+ legends on a key: top left = shift; bottom right = alt.
Discord: kuno#0600 
Reddit: u/darthzero

Offline hansichen

« Reply #124 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 13:37:55 »
For 2+ legends on a key: top left = shift; bottom right = alt.

To be more precise: bottom right = altgr + eg:q = @  (also known as right alt in the ansi world, that's why this legend is different)

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #125 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 21:54:25 »
Wait, is this REALLY happening?

Guys, remember what happen to the last joke that we let run too long?

he ended up being our President...

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #126 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 22:01:54 »

I am not a joke. Soon meet.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #127 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 01:59:36 »

You don't have to be condescending. If you don't like it, why bother? People will vote with their wallets anyway. It's been said, people will buy it for the history (that inspired this IC). And it's a love or hate kind of thing, but we could all benefit from a hate free forum.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline theseusanime

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 03:57:02 »

Thank you for considering the option on doing a rendering, but what's the point of it? We already have the actual photos of the actual set. What is there to render? It exists.

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 05:02:56 »

Offline Theswetiyeti

« Reply #131 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 06:12:45 »
I don't think that renders ever hurt an interest check. I wonder how many people glanced at the color way without clicking on the link to the actual photos. I know I'm guilty of it.  the first time I looked at this interest check I just glanced at the colorway said hard pass and moved on.  But there was something about the set that brought me back for a second look I saw the photos and  than it was a must-have. With all the good sets coming out I honestly think this is the one I am looking forward to the most.  People like to see what the set will look like on different color boards, on different layouts, different custom boards.  With so many interest checks and other things to look at these days First Impressions play a big part helping peolpe decide whether or not to spend the time to take a closer look.  That being said those photos do look amazing.  :thumb:

Offline theseusanime

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 08:56:38 »
I don't think that renders ever hurt an interest check. I wonder how many people glanced at the color way without clicking on the link to the actual photos. I know I'm guilty of it.  the first time I looked at this interest check I just glanced at the colorway said hard pass and moved on.  But there was something about the set that brought me back for a second look I saw the photos and  than it was a must-have. With all the good sets coming out I honestly think this is the one I am looking forward to the most.  People like to see what the set will look like on different color boards, on different layouts, different custom boards.  With so many interest checks and other things to look at these days First Impressions play a big part helping peolpe decide whether or not to spend the time to take a closer look.  That being said those photos do look amazing.  :thumb:

Please post the pictures then. I'd do it but I'm not at my computer.

The renderings hurt because they just take too long. They're just a way to delay the decisive moment.

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #133 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 09:12:25 »
I want ah, ooh moments with fancy renderings.  Especially with layouts other than full ISO-DE.

Keycap IC/GB without renderings?  Someone is out of his mind.  :p

Offline avid

« Reply #134 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 09:40:43 »
Renders is good. Yes the set exists, but most people are not going to use it on an old cherry-style board  :D

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #135 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 16:09:01 »

Please post the pictures then. I'd do it but I'm not at my computer.

The renderings hurt because they just take too long. They're just a way to delay the decisive moment.

Renders are part of the process. You go from complaining about the price, lying to try and trick the OP into a different price, not taking anything on the costing side into consideration - to now wanting to hurry the thing up and skip renders, which will be an essential part of this sets success.

This isn’t a set that would do well traditionally - it’s something that needs to be nurtured to get over the line. Rushing it through will help no one except those that want the set to fail.

You are impatient and petulant and need to add either constructive feedback or hold off from posting. Let OP do his thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #136 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 17:12:01 »
Please tell me what I've lied about here... You actively admitted it.

It isn't your decision to run the set via massdrop - whether or not they own the site. Thats up to OP. He is doing a great job. As i said before you are being impatient and petulant. Even Massdrop would struggle to get this set to $99 (or a small amount more). Either you are new to the community, or have little understanding of the GB process, or you dont understand the financials that have to be taken into consideration, OR, as I said once before you are just trolling.

Most sets with a couple of custom colours don't even get as low as $130, never mind one that has this many.

In the one month you reference, the OP has updated the kits, added renders, discussed the layout options and given explanations on what may drive the price. This may surprise you but the OP has a life outside of this IC and potential GB. GBs are sometimes slow moving. So as I said before - chill out, let the OP do his thing, and stop trolling this thread.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #137 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 01:10:41 »

Checking in again, really glad all this progress is coming along :)

There have been so many people waiting for this set, make sure its the best it can be because this might really be once in a lifetime haha
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline cocobrais

Re: [IC] GMK Handarbeit+ [Layout update - 29.09]
« Reply #138 on: Fri, 28 September 2018, 20:51:26 »
[29.09.2018] GMK Rendering Update.

1) Capslock in R kit was revised. (Old normal Capslock ==> New Stepped Capslock for OG fit)
2) M kit and Icon modi kit are same as last update

Maybe 3D renderings will be updated next week.
1) M kit : 1800 layout
2) M kit + Icon Modi kit : 1800 layout
3) R kit : 3000 winkeyless layout

Also quotations were requested to GMK and currently I am setting the proxies.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #139 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 04:20:07 »
I've been looking for this set for years.

I gave up about four and a half years ago and made Rowdybeit instead.

204641-0

I was surprised to find how easy it was to type on such a chaotic layout.

I would say interested, but money is a bit tight at the moment :(
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #140 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 07:09:41 »
I've been looking for this set for years.

I gave up about four and a half years ago and made Rowdybeit instead.

(Attachment Link)

I was surprised to find how easy it was to type on such a chaotic layout.

I would say interested, but money is a bit tight at the moment :(
wow. Your passion is best. I think that you can expect good price....maybe in your wallet. Haha

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #141 on: Fri, 05 October 2018, 18:50:55 »
lmfao im in just to see how I feel about it irl

the strangest og set ever is now being reproduced, we have certainly hit a point of no return in this hobby  :)) :)) :)) :))

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #142 on: Fri, 05 October 2018, 19:59:52 »
[Status]
- 3D rendering : Still wait.
- MOQ :
   M kit : Starting point is 150 MOQ
   R Kit(Replica, DE 102key) will be started with 100 MOQ. I hope that it will be helpful to reach the MOQ.
   Modi and LED kit : Starting point 100 MOQ
- Proxies have been setting. Soon fixed.
- Schedule will be fixed and it will be opened in this month.

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #143 on: Thu, 11 October 2018, 04:22:29 »
[Status]
- MOQ :
   R Kit(Replica, DE 102key) will be started with 100 MOQ. I hope that it will be helpful to reach the MOQ.

awesome - glad to see stuff is moving. Can't wait to see those renders!!

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #144 on: Sun, 14 October 2018, 09:08:33 »
[Status]
- MOQ :
3D renderings were updated and GB will be launched on October 20th hopfully.

awesome - glad to see stuff is moving. Can't wait to see those renders!!

Offline lazyfart

Re: [IC] GMK Handarbeit+ [3D rendering update - 14.10]
« Reply #145 on: Sun, 14 October 2018, 09:26:56 »
Its funny..the more i look at this set, and taking the time to read what the OP has done to make this come true has really made me want to buy it. lol Really love the THICC double shots of the OG set though. that korean dude was lucky af

Offline appaboy

« Reply #146 on: Sun, 14 October 2018, 16:23:40 »
Even if this set is silly as hell, i cant stop myself from buying all og cherry reproduction sets
PC Singa, MIR80, TX84se, g80-3314, g80-0427, g80-5000 + 5700, G80-3700, g81-3000 HBU (og wob)

HASRO keycaps
OG POM keycaps
SAI OG Italian dyesubs
Scarface Fn blank

Offline kinglukas38

• Do you even tactile?
« Reply #147 on: Sun, 14 October 2018, 17:13:47 »
Its funny..the more i look at this set, and taking the time to read what the OP has done to make this come true has really made me want to buy it. lol Really love the THICC double shots of the OG set though. that korean dude was lucky af
I doubt there will be any difference in the thickness of the caps compared to the og set
I've never done it before, but I'm pretty sure I'm good at it

Offline lazyfart

« Reply #148 on: Sun, 14 October 2018, 17:19:39 »
I doubt there will be any difference in the thickness of the caps compared to the og set
There will be. That kinda thickness exceeds gmks usual  manufacturing.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Offline kinglukas38

• Do you even tactile?
« Reply #149 on: Sun, 14 October 2018, 17:55:53 »
There will be. That kinda thickness exceeds gmks usual  manufacturing.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

looks like the same thickness as a gmk cap
I've never done it before, but I'm pretty sure I'm good at it