Author Topic: Hako switches becoming clicky  (Read 1783 times)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Hako switches becoming clicky
« on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 12:15:54 »
Anyone else experience this?  I have some of the first batch of Hako True box switches in my Canoe.  Over time, almost off of the switches have developed a little click where the tactile event is.   I replaced the worst of them a few months ago, but the replacement switches are clicking too.
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 September 2018, 12:19:33 by pixelpusher »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Hako switches becoming clicky
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 14:40:01 »
Uh Oh...  Summer of Click continues.. !!

where be all the Ping-reports. !!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 14:41:04 »
Uh Oh...  Summer of Click continues.. !!

where be all the Ping-reports. !!

I mean, there have to be more people out there.  Surely i wasn't the unlucky bastard who got the ONLY 80 hako true switches that started clicking.  Right?  Right???!!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 14:45:30 »

I mean, there have to be more people out there.  Surely i wasn't the unlucky bastard who got the ONLY 80 hako true switches that started clicking.  Right?  Right???!!

Tssss... clearly, Ppusher was purposefully targeted,  they took all the clicky ones, and sent them all in one pack..

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 15:24:38 »
Anyone else experience this?  I have some of the first batch of Hako True box switches in my Canoe.  Over time, almost off of the switches have developed a little click where the tactile event is.   I replaced the worst of them a few months ago, but the replacement switches are clicking too.
I opened a switch a few days before, took it apart, and put it back together. The switch became clicky. The only thing I can think of why this happened, is that the thin lube is gone because my fingers, as I touched the parts. So I guess the lube has gone...

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 19:54:49 »
I opened a switch a few days before, took it apart, and put it back together. The switch became clicky. The only thing I can think of why this happened, is that the thin lube is gone because my fingers, as I touched the parts. So I guess the lube has gone...

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

That makes sense to me bc there is a lot of lube on that little plastic rectangle they have inside the switch that presses on the contact.  Maybe the lube degrades quickly and I’m hearing the results.