Author Topic: Need to borrow (stock) HHKB Type S!  (Read 1360 times)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Need to borrow (stock) HHKB Type S!
« on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 06:01:22 »
As some of you may know, I have a Top X most silent keyboard switches video planned, which has been heavily requested. However, one of the entrants I have planned is proving to be a lot harder to procure than I had expected. PFU and Topre are both completely radio-dead, even through contacts that do actual business with them, and the Dutch keyboard community doesn't have one. If the board provides enough material, and if the user doesn't mind, I might also do a full review on it, but without having it, I can't say whether I'll have enough to talk about.

I require a stock HHKB type S for this purpose. The board has to be stock, otherwise the comparison isn't fair, as only commercial switches (in commercial boards) are allowed - otherwise the amount of combinations goes to infinity, and meaningful comparison becomes possible. It's fine if the board is non-stock in ways that don't impact the sound, as that's really the only point here.

If anyone, in Europe if at all possible (cheaper shipping and no import taxes), can lend me theirs for a bit, I can finally make this video. Hopefully someone can help me out on this one :) .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Ruskie

Re: Need to borrow (stock) HHKB Type S!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 17:55:51 »
Currently dont have a type S, but you could achieve something similar with Silence X rings! Also, you may want to try out Zilent switches by ZealPC.
Ive got myself a beefy boi

-Alf F62PE
-PCB Mount ZealV2 67g
-GMK KA1953 "OG Classic Retro"

8 pounds of clack