Author Topic: Bug Reports  (Read 576423 times)

Offline Mekberg

Re: Bug Reports
« Reply #1050 on: Tue, 16 July 2019, 07:19:23 »
I have a watched thread that I cannot unwatch. There is simply no action available to do so, where it would otherwise be on other threads. Could be because the thread is locked?

This thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=98238.0;topicseen

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #1051 on: Tue, 16 July 2019, 07:38:03 »
I have a watched thread that I cannot unwatch. There is simply no action available to do so, where it would otherwise be on other threads. Could be because the thread is locked?

This thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=98238.0;topicseen
Follow my guide here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=101528.msg2785011#msg2785011
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline thickle

« Reply #1052 on: Sat, 05 October 2019, 02:49:43 »
Not sure if it's a bug specifically, but I've noticed a number of times while viewing the site that one or more of my CPUs is maxed out and Firefox appeared to be the primary culprit.  I've also noticed images taking quite a while to finish loading, which even with a few dozen images for a given IC/GB thread shouldn't take more than a second or two with my 100GB connection.  Most recently, I only had geekhack and two other already loaded pages open, so I can't imagine it was a load issue.  I haven't seen this happen with any other site. 

Is there anything to the way the site is coded that would cause this or possibly something else unique about how GH interacts with FF? 

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1053 on: Sun, 06 October 2019, 21:05:16 »
Not sure if it's a bug specifically, but I've noticed a number of times while viewing the site that one or more of my CPUs is maxed out and Firefox appeared to be the primary culprit.  I've also noticed images taking quite a while to finish loading, which even with a few dozen images for a given IC/GB thread shouldn't take more than a second or two with my 100GB connection.  Most recently, I only had geekhack and two other already loaded pages open, so I can't imagine it was a load issue.  I haven't seen this happen with any other site. 

Is there anything to the way the site is coded that would cause this or possibly something else unique about how GH interacts with FF? 

FWIW I use Firefox all the time to surf GH and have not noticed any behaviour such as you describe.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1054 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 21:11:27 »
my malwarebytes has been pinging me about "u.teknik.io" on some pages on GH

i'm about 60% sure it's a link someone that someone has in a sig or something, but pls investigate

can export the whole report if you need
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1055 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 13:26:01 »

i'm about 60% sure it's a link someone that someone has in a sig or something, but pls investigate

If you see this pop up again, can you PM me which threads it's appearing in?  It is not uncommon for sig links to trigger these things, especially with how a lot of spam accounts operate. 

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1056 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 15:36:13 »

If you see this pop up again, can you PM me which threads it's appearing in?  It is not uncommon for sig links to trigger these things, especially with how a lot of spam accounts operate.

Happens all over the site, I'll keep a log and send it to you.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #1057 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 15:45:06 »
I noticed some images here were hosted there, like the first one and kits.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=100282.0

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1058 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 15:51:48 »

does appear to be an image host just based on the fact that i think i get the notifications mostly in IC/GB/Media threads

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1059 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 16:46:42 »

does appear to be an image host just based on the fact that i think i get the notifications mostly in IC/GB/Media threads

Huh.  Appreciate the info, you two.  :thumb: 

A quick google search gave this result.  Looks like it may be flagged because of some rogue content, but the majority is fine. 

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1060 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 22:20:12 »

Huh.  Appreciate the info, you two.  :thumb: 

A quick google search gave this result.  Looks like it may be flagged because of some rogue content, but the majority is fine.

yeah, seems to be another slimg/i.bb/minus non-imgur image host that allows content that may not be allowed on other image hosts

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=100415.1300

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103138.0

these three pages all send up flags, unless the flags are delayed in which case this is annoying

EDIT: this page also https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103277.50
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 November 2019, 15:32:54 by Puddsy »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #1061 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 13:38:12 »
I couldn't access Geekhack after about noon yesterday.  It was super slow in the morning, and then I was getting 504 errors until about 21:00.  Was it just me?

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #1062 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 13:51:42 »
I couldn't access Geekhack after about noon yesterday.  It was super slow in the morning, and then I was getting 504 errors until about 21:00.  Was it just me?

Sometimes sites be down for maintenance n stuff, my cloaker 😔✊

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1063 on: Thu, 21 November 2019, 16:43:31 »

Suuuuper slow for me yesterday too, not sure what happened though.  Will see if anyone on the back end can track it down. 

Edit: Nothing too unusual, should be resolved going forward.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 November 2019, 16:48:59 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1064 on: Wed, 27 November 2019, 04:51:54 »
Site was down for me last night just after 11 UK time, been happening a lot recently.  Something about guru mediation then goes to 504 after a couple of minutes.  It's always fixed by the morning...

Perhaps more annoyingly I'm having problems with the laghing emoji not laughing - it appears as :) followed by ) in case it's just me.  Example :))
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Sedula

« Reply #1065 on: Sun, 08 December 2019, 17:42:29 »
Unexpected search behavior happening: When trying to find this thread by searching for "cajal", it only shows up if I go to "Advanced search" and check the "Search in topic subjects only" box. Searching straight from the top-right search box or from the advanced page without checking that box and there's nothing.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1066 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 11:29:49 »
Unexpected search behavior happening: When trying to find this thread by searching for "cajal", it only shows up if I go to "Advanced search" and check the "Search in topic subjects only" box. Searching straight from the top-right search box or from the advanced page without checking that box and there's nothing.

Well that's unfortunate.  :|  I'll poke around in the server settings to see if there are any better search options we're not using.

As a general note, as much as it sucks to admit, it's almost always best to use google with the 'site' modifier included.  For anyone unfamiliar, the search in this case would then be as below
Code: [Select]
cajal site:geekhack.orgwhich does lead straight to the desired thread.

PS: Hooray!  Another Milwaukee GHer!  :D

Offline Sedula

« Reply #1067 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 12:35:19 »
Good to know; I'll swap to Google for the time being. (Would it be worthwhile to just pipe the default search box straight into a custom Google search, and then leave the "Advanced search" page as-is?) Also, hi, small world!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1068 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 14:04:40 »
Good to know; I'll swap to Google for the time being. (Would it be worthwhile to just pipe the default search box straight into a custom Google search, and then leave the "Advanced search" page as-is?) Also, hi, small world!

Hmm, that's a good thought.  I have seen sites that do that, but don't see it readily as an option on the backend.  I'll look into it and see what our options are.  :thumb:  Thanks for the suggestion!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1069 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 14:28:53 »

Hmm, that's a good thought.  I have seen sites that do that, but don't see it readily as an option on the backend.  I'll look into it and see what our options are.  :thumb:  Thanks for the suggestion!

harass will to do it, it would be a lot better than GH search as it currently stands

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1070 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 15:09:10 »
harass will to do it, it would be a lot better than GH search as it currently stands

harass 27 to finish his gb (or at least give an update)  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1071 on: Wed, 11 December 2019, 15:43:11 »

harass 27 to finish his gb (or at least give an update)  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i haven't talked to him in months, i know as much as the rest of you

Offline fatboycarney

503 error when submitting GB OP
« Reply #1072 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 22:33:39 »
Hello

Hope this is the right place to post this, trying to submit my GB new topic and getting the following after it appears to upload to 100 percent
Preview looks fine. No images attached larger than 6-7 MB which appears well within the recommendations. I even went back and put some smaller images in but same thing. I can try and just submit one with no images and see if it works but wanted to post here first.

Error 503 Service Unavailable
Service Unavailable

Guru Meditation:
XID: 1906987912

Varnish cache server

Update
Worked around the issue by trimming the inital submission down and then adding to it afterwards and no problems.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 January 2020, 23:33:15 by fatboycarney »

Offline Coreda

« Reply #1073 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 07:33:57 »
The animated laughing emoticon doesn't work anymore. Noticed this a few days ago in my own post editing preview and again today in someone else's post.

Eg:

:))

That should have been converted to this emoticon (posted as img element below):

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1074 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 15:34:52 »
The animated laughing emoticon doesn't work anymore. Noticed this a few days ago in my own post editing preview and again today in someone else's post.

Eg:

Show Image

I noticed this too.  Makes me sad.  :(  I use the laughing one a lot. 

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1075 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 20:04:46 »

Eg:

Show Image

Show Image

Is this really recent thing for you two?  It's not worked for months here...

more annoyingly I'm having problems with the laghing emoji not laughing - it appears as :) followed by ) in case it's just me.  Example :))
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Coreda

« Reply #1076 on: Sun, 26 April 2020, 12:54:11 »

Personally only noticed it recently but could have occurred earlier.

« Reply #1077 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 19:21:26 »
I can't use Opera to access Geekhack because it said that I was banned after turning on my VPN; however, it works fine on every other web browser. Could anyone tell me what went wrong?
Edit: It has been fixed.
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 April 2020, 20:49:35 by rychaithescienceguy »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1078 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 23:21:05 »

Eg:

Show Image

Show Image

more annoyingly I'm having problems with the laghing emoji not laughing - it appears as :) followed by ) in case it's just me.  Example :))

No, it's been going on for quite some time.  I kept forgetting to post about it though, until Coreda reminded me. 

Offline TheAlchemist-404

« Reply #1079 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 18:02:30 »
Hey guys, i don't know if someone already spoke about it but text scaling on mobile, makes the site painful to navigate

Offline SirTimmyTimbit

« Reply #1080 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 03:28:16 »
Not necessarily a bug, but the captchas in quick reply are terrible. You can barely read them. Only way to solve them is to listen to the letters.

Why not implement Google's re-captcha instead?

At what level / # of posts will I not have to do them anymore?

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #1081 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 02:42:18 »
Bug in Tapatalk search in thread function. Could be because the plugin is outdated. See https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=106141.0
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1082 on: Sun, 14 June 2020, 16:14:24 »
I can't use Opera to access Geekhack because it said that I was banned after turning on my VPN; however, it works fine on every other web browser. Could anyone tell me what went wrong?
Edit: It has been fixed.

For future reference, the ban on VPNs sets a browser cookie, this can be resolved by clearing your cookies (although if you continue to try to access the site through your VPN, it'll just trigger the ban again). See: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57803.0
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1083 on: Sun, 14 June 2020, 17:25:53 »
I wasn't able to logon using tapatalk for a month or so it worked last week now it is not letting me login in again. I get a few different errors but I'm definitely using the correct username and password.

Using tapatalk 8.8.6 on android 10

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1084 on: Sun, 14 June 2020, 18:00:34 »
I wasn't able to logon using tapatalk for a month or so it worked last week now it is not letting me login in again. I get a few different errors but I'm definitely using the correct username and password.

If you use tapatalk for any other communities, does it let you log into those?
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1085 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 13:14:09 »

If you use tapatalk for any other communities, does it let you log into those?
Yes other forums work fine.

And geekhack is currently working but it was not yesterday....weird.....

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Offline fourpastmidnight

« Reply #1086 on: Thu, 13 October 2022, 15:56:20 »
I seem to be running into a bug with using a bulleted list in my signature. I properly formatted a list in my signature and proceeded to add additional content. But no matter what, GH seems to want to add an additional closing list bbcode to the signature, resulting in a less than desirable appearance of my signature. I tried searching this entire forum thread to see if this was previously reported, but I didn't see anything, so I thought I'd report it.

Thanks!
My Keebs:
More
  • Northgate OmniKey Model 102
  • Keychron Q6 (Coming soon)
  • Wasd v3 Hotswap (for my young son)

Heatware Profile

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #1087 on: Thu, 13 October 2022, 19:18:13 »
I seem to be running into a bug with using a bulleted list in my signature. I properly formatted a list in my signature and proceeded to add additional content. But no matter what, GH seems to want to add an additional closing list bbcode to the signature, resulting in a less than desirable appearance of my signature. I tried searching this entire forum thread to see if this was previously reported, but I didn't see anything, so I thought I'd report it.

Thanks!
can you Post the raw bb-code of the signature?

Offline fourpastmidnight

« Reply #1088 on: Sat, 15 October 2022, 14:29:23 »

Thanks!

Thanks for getting back to me. I really appreciate it. Can you believe it (I'm sure you can  ;)), but when I went to go reproduce the issue, it worked completely fine? Again, I really appreciate you taking the time to reach out to my comment.

Best Regards
My Keebs:
More
  • Northgate OmniKey Model 102
  • Keychron Q6 (Coming soon)
  • Wasd v3 Hotswap (for my young son)

Heatware Profile

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #1089 on: Sun, 16 October 2022, 05:36:12 »

Thanks!

Thanks for getting back to me. I really appreciate it. Can you believe it (I'm sure you can  ;)), but when I went to go reproduce the issue, it worked completely fine? Again, I really appreciate you taking the time to reach out to my comment.

Best Regards
All good, glad it worked out in the end  :thumb:

Offline OhNine

« Reply #1090 on: Thu, 24 November 2022, 10:37:57 »
Well, this isnt really a bug but more like a flaw. Well this is my first day on this site and I decided to make an account. I entered all of my information but when it told me to activate my account by pressing on the email they sent me, that would be fine but. I didnt get any email so the account wasnt activated. Though it was still registered. So i couldnt use the same email or username. I had to use my laptop to make an account and log onto it on my pc so I could even use geekhack, And I really want to change my username back to what it was but it is taken because of my other account. Please fix this so I can go back to my original username  :)

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1091 on: Fri, 25 November 2022, 05:55:22 »
Well, this isnt really a bug but more like a flaw. Well this is my first day on this site and I decided to make an account. I entered all of my information but when it told me to activate my account by pressing on the email they sent me, that would be fine but. I didnt get any email so the account wasnt activated. Though it was still registered. So i couldnt use the same email or username. I had to use my laptop to make an account and log onto it on my pc so I could even use geekhack, And I really want to change my username back to what it was but it is taken because of my other account. Please fix this so I can go back to my original username  :)

This is a known issue with some email providers, but as far as I'm aware, no fix has yet been found. Please PM me the details of the other account, and I will take a look, and add this to the list of known cases of this problem.

Offline fairypenguin

• zzz
« Reply #1092 on: Wed, 05 April 2023, 15:05:34 »
I've been needing to change my password, but never receive the required email authentication following a request. This also happened when I set up my account and had to verify it.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1093 on: Wed, 05 April 2023, 16:29:01 »
I've been needing to change my password, but never receive the required email authentication following a request. This also happened when I set up my account and had to verify it.

I'll help with this - PM incoming

PS, happy two year anniversary here!! :D
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 April 2023, 16:30:36 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline Protomartyr

« Reply #1094 on: Tue, 02 May 2023, 13:35:30 »
Hello! I believe my IP has been wrongfully banned as I'm getting this message when trying to access the site from my home computer:
An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
This ban is not set to expire.
It remains after deleting cookies. I can only access and login from my phone data or ironically from my computer when using a VPN. Is there someone I should PM my IP to possibly get it cleared?

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1095 on: Wed, 03 May 2023, 02:00:30 »
Hello! I believe my IP has been wrongfully banned as I'm getting this message when trying to access the site from my home computer:
An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
This ban is not set to expire.
It remains after deleting cookies. I can only access and login from my phone data or ironically from my computer when using a VPN. Is there someone I should PM my IP to possibly get it cleared?

Send me a PM and I will take a look at it  :thumb:

Offline fairypenguin

• zzz
« Reply #1096 on: Tue, 05 December 2023, 22:14:08 »
Reviving a dead thread to ask if a moderator/admin could help manually change my email... :[ Still not able to change my password to one I'll actually remember (and security question doesn't seem to work), but every time I request a reset email, nothing happens. Kinda sucks, since I switched to Firefox earlier this year, and so I have to open Chrome on my desktop (where my account info is saved) any time I want to browse the forum on this account.

Hoping this is something that can be helped. It's a bit of a pickle, lol.

Also open to just making a new account if this is too much of a hassle, though.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1097 on: Thu, 04 January 2024, 12:12:12 »
Reviving a dead thread to ask if a moderator/admin could help manually change my email... :[ Still not able to change my password to one I'll actually remember (and security question doesn't seem to work), but every time I request a reset email, nothing happens. Kinda sucks, since I switched to Firefox earlier this year, and so I have to open Chrome on my desktop (where my account info is saved) any time I want to browse the forum on this account.

Hoping this is something that can be helped. It's a bit of a pickle, lol.

Also open to just making a new account if this is too much of a hassle, though.

I'm guessing you use gmail? This is a known issue, but we don't quite know why it happens. PM myself and/or HoffmanMyster, and we can help you out.